SirWillibald

SirWilli's Workshop: Imperial Assault stuff

Sorry for the radio silence, busy with X-Wing...

@Wells

Width and heigth look OK in your picture, what type of card sleeves do you use?

The FFG sleeves are rather thick, if you are using thinner sleeves this might be the answer.

Preview time:

I've been thinking for a while about a solution for all the tokens (see above). I wanted this solution to be:

- adaptable for other games with minor effort
- not too big, but with sufficient room for markers
- variable compartments
- easy assembly

Good things come to those who wait, I proudly present the prototype of my new ModularMarkerbox:

You start with a bunch of different sized compartments:
20151010.jpg

And an empty box, where you can glue in the compartments that fit your game's need:
20151011.jpg

The configuration in the picture is only one possibility, you may choose between 4 different compartment sizes.

Once glued and reinforced (it's really sturdy!) you fill the box as you wish and put a simple slip lid on top of it. To spare you opening too much boxes you can even stack two boxes and put a big lid on top of it. I'm going to make a fancy looking lid while keeping the inner box white. Or you build a complete white lid and pimp it by yourself (like my Armada CarrierBoxes):

20151012.jpg
20151013.jpg

As you can see, my configuration leaves some space for expansions. Furthermore there are optional ramps for compartments with few markers and (not pictured) additional dividing walls to make the compartments even smaller. The very prominent fold and cut lines won't be visible if you fold everything as intended, I was simply to dumb to realize this on first sight. Even more dumber considering that I'm the guy who designed it...

Don't have a clue if you like it, personally I think it's compact, useful, expandable and can be applied to other games with minimal effort (you just need a different lid). And everybody can build the box the way he/she likes best.

You're welcome to let me know what you think! And yes, I will adapt this for X-Wing and Armada, too!

Thanks guys, glad to hear!

OMG Thank you! This is what I've been waiting for, your boxes are great, and last week I was wishing you would make something for all of those **** tokens! Printing this up when I get home!!!

Patience you must have, young padawan Grand Moff, a preview only this is. On the PDF upload still working I am... ;)

Edited by SirWillibald

Patience will be rewarded!

http://www.sirwillibald.com/?p=2257〈=en

ModularTokenBox

New ModularTokenBox system to store all your tokens as you see fit!

The compartment size is highly customizable and you can even stack two of those trays under one lid. For now you'll only find a plain white generic version, will add some Imperial Assault stickers later on!

And some X-wing stuff and minor website changes.

Feedback welcome!

Edited by SirWillibald

I was going through my game contents and your token box solution gave me an idea. After getting the ally/villain packs, it struck me just how many command cards there really are. You had been discussing how to divide command cards earlier, and I have a suggestion/request. Could you make a command card box that would be one long, lidded box that would hold the command cards either upright or on their side? (Similar in concept to how comic books are stored). Then, with a single, removable strip that can be laid on the bottom, the end user can pleat the strip wherever they choose to divide the cards. This could be replaced with a differently pleated strip if more cards are obtained to redivide the set. I now have several duplicate cards that form a second deck for my opponent, so I would use at least three boxes (one for each deck and one for "shared" cards), I would use the pleats to create divisions for faction/character specific cards, 0 cost, 1 cost, 2 cost, and 3 cost sections.

I don't know if can envision my concept, but I can draw it out if that would help.

SirWillibald, could you make an extra large "Agenda Cards" and "Item Cards" Box to fit all existing cards and leave some space for the next small expansions?

:wub:

Edited by thePREdiger

Awesome work!

Where I can download the ModularTokenBox with Imperial Assault design? I only can see the generic blank design.

Will you publish the boxes for keep track of activation status and damage?

Thank you

Awesome work!

Where I can download the ModularTokenBox with Imperial Assault design? I only can see the generic blank design.

Thank you

You can't, I didn't upload it due to quality issues (low-res). Still undecided about the final design, because I already got different wishes.

And yes, the activation tracker is not forgotten, hadn't any time yet to finish it. But I will see to it!

Awesome work!

Thank you

You can't, I didn't upload it due to quality issues (low-res). Still undecided about the final design, because I already got different wishes.

And yes, the activation tracker is not forgotten, hadn't any time yet to finish it. But I will see to it!

Great!

Okay, the activation tracker didn't make into this update, but nevertheless:

http://www.sirwillibald.com/?p=2365〈=en

Two big things:

• All boxes now available in spanish!
  • New section for stuff you created out of my templates.
  • A little kit for fancy MoToBo lids (with a new lid alternative)

And a few minor things, just check it out, if you like!

Edited by SirWillibald

Okay, the activation tracker didn't make into this update, but nevertheless:

http://www.sirwillibald.com/?p=2365〈=en

Two big things:

• All boxes now available in spanish!
  • New section for stuff you created out of my templates.
  • A little kit for fancy MoToBo lids (with a new lid alternative)

And a few minor things, just check it out, if you like!

What a great job! I like the new format for the tocken box cover, I had dropped all my tokens on the floor once or twice when picking up the box with the old lid. Thanks a lot for sharing your work. 

What can I say outstanding idea, outstanding graphic work..........brilliant

Now all the flattery is out the way ;)

Have you thought of boxes for the painted miniatures with enough room for cotton wool or bubble wrap for protection?

Thanks a lot, very clever way to introduce your wishes ;)

Yes, I'm already working on something called ModularMiniaturesBox, especially for painted miniatures that you don't want to put into a zip lock bag.

TBH, I hadn't any additional protection like cotton wool or bubble wrap in mind. In my experience, that comes mainly from the MicroHangars for X-Wing and Armada, the models are perfectly safe inside a single compartment without any further protection.

But, other than the MicroHangars, which are designed to fit exactly one type of miniature and therefore offer no room for additional stuff, the ModularMiniaturesBox is going to be modular in terms of compartment sizes. So it should be no problem to chose a compartment size that fits both the miniature and additional protection!

Having said that, I'm in the middle of the prototype stage, the compartments are done, I'm currently trying to figure out the best way to make the whole thing into a nice box with some kind of lid. This is a bit tricky because the modularity allows for a theoretically infinite number of box sizes. But I'm very dedicated to figure it out, keep you posted here (or head over to my page and subscribe to my newsletter).

Does this help?