SirWillibald

SirWilli's Workshop: Imperial Assault stuff

I'm sorry for my noobish question.

But if I understand this correctly, all I need is some thick paper that I use in the printer to print the PDF-files at 100% , and then I cut and fold the paper correctly (+glue) so that it will form a box for the cards?

I don't need anything else except the PDF-papers + scissors and glue?

This looks amazing! :D

Correct. I built a bunch of the Armada ones with some card stock paper, glue sticks, a printer and a bone scorer. The final thing is optional, but helped me get straight folds.

That's pretty much it, isn't this great? :)

I really think nobody should feel the need to spend a little fortune on storage solutions for games that are already pricey by themselves.

Some more infos concerning printing, cutting and glueing can be found here:

http://www.sirwillibald.com/?page_id=191〈=en

Awesome! Thank you. I'll try it out tomorrow, although I strongly doubt my printer can take the paper you recommend (200gsm). It would seem it's made for the 74 gsm-("most often found in your everyday copy machine")-variant. 

But if I understand this correctly, all I need is some thick paper that I use in the printer to print the PDF-files at 100% , and then I cut and fold the paper correctly (+glue) so that it will form a box for the cards?

Correct. I built a bunch of the Armada ones with some card stock paper, glue sticks, a printer and a bone scorer. The final thing is optional, but helped me get straight folds.

I really think nobody should feel the need to spend a little fortune on storage solutions for games that are already pricey by themselves.

Awesome! Thank you. I'll try it out tomorrow, although I strongly doubt my printer can take the paper you recommend (200gsm). It would seem it's made for the 74 gsm-("most often found in your everyday copy machine")-variant.

My own printer's handbook tells me to print max on 120gsm paper... Not having the slightest issues with 200gsm. But of course I can't guarantee.

My own printer's handbook tells me to print max on 120gsm paper... Not having the slightest issues with 200gsm. But of course I can't guarantee.

Update!

My printer handled even 240gsm with no problems, so I can now start putting together the boxes! Yay!

So again - Thank you for your work in creating these for us, much appreciated! :)

Update in progress, here's a little teaser :)

unbena11.jpg

As you can see I replaced the card artwork on the box side, only for the class deck boxes, the three cards were just too small on those. Thanks to a great tip from Sportacus the additional language versions are a piece of cake.

Additional box sizes to accomodate for expansions are coming as well!

Update in progress, here's a little teaser :)

unbena11.jpg

As you can see I replaced the card artwork on the box side, only for the class deck boxes, the three cards were just too small on those. Thanks to a great tip from Sportacus the additional language versions are a piece of cake.

Additional box sizes to accomodate for expansions are coming as well!

You're too kind.

Even the best tip need to be used by a skilled man.

Your use of it is amazing.

Oh, just a correction: "Superiorità Tecnologica" belongs to "Carte Classe Imperiale" (Imperial Class Deck), not "Carte Classe Eroe" (Hero Class Deck)

Maybe "Carte Classe Imperiale" is too long. If so, you can shorten to "Carte Classe" for both Hero and Imperial. We have the color and the subtitle (Diala, Tattiche Sovversive, etc.) to make them diffent, just as is in french and german.

Oh I like the new single card on the box side.

Done!

Announcement and further infos:
http://www.sirwillibald.com/?p=2006〈=en

Direct download:

http://www.sirwillibald.com/?page_id=1831〈=en

Please be kind if you encounter any errors, I did my best but boy! that's a bunch of pages...

Just drop me a note.

Thanks to Sportacus and Wells for the italian and french translation files!

SpecialBoxes update will follow.

Quick question... I know the boxes are able to handle sleeved cards, but how much extra room is there in the hero boxes? We usually keep the items and rewards for each hero along with their class cards... Would you say there is room for 4-5 additional cards in the hero boxes?

Quick answer: I don't think so, it gives a really tight fit, since the Hero Class Cards boxes are meant for storing.

But: I have and additional "campaign bag" box in mind, which holds everything each hero (or the Imp player) want's to keep during game sessions. Since I hadn't a chance to play the campaign mode yet I'm a bit unsure about what in general such a box would have to hold, already got some feedback above from Sportacus (see below), more is always welcome!

In a campaign each heroe can use, in a single mission, no more than 1 armour, 2 weapons and 3 equipments. But they can own an unlimited numbers of object cards. We have also reward cards and cards that enhance weapons. I think that during a campaign a hero will own no more than 15 cards. And heroes can be rewarded with allies deployment cards.

The imperial player has the Agenda deck, the Mission deck and the Imperial class deck. The imperial player too can be rewarded with allies deployment cards.

And the agenda cards may go out and in the deck, keeped secret in the hand of the IP, played as forced/side missions...

I don't have ideas on how to organize it. I believe that a well written campaign log is the best solution.

I'm sure I've forgot something, so I hope there is someone with better ides than mine :-(

SirWilli, I hate to ask but is there any way you can do boxes for the two heroes from twin shadows? I know they are not out in your area yet so I can send you any info you need.

SirWilli, I hate to ask but is there any way you can do boxes for the two heroes from twin shadows? I know they are not out in your area yet so I can send you any info you need.

:) Well, well, don't hate yourself, just think of it as being the first one who dares asking... ;)

I'd need a scan (or a decent online resource) from the class card backs and the names.

:) Well, well, don't hate yourself, just think of it as being the first one who dares asking... ;)

I'd need a scan (or a decent online resource) from the class card backs and the names.

I just sent the scan and info for the two characters and the Imperial class deck to the email on your website. If there is anything else I can do to assist please let me know.

yes

the heros class box are too big (streight) there are only 9/10/11 cards max.

it's possible to reduce it ?

:huh: Shouldn't be, it has a thickness of .7 cm and this gives my own class boxes a perfect fit with about 1mm spare so the cards come out easy and don't stuck in the box.

Do you use card sleeves? The boxes are measured for the original and rather thick FFG sleeves.