SirWillibald

SirWilli's Workshop: Imperial Assault stuff

Alright, nearly all additional boxes done (but not uploaded yet).

Finished first prototype of ... no fancy name yet ... a thing to keep track of activation status and damage per figure (I really dislike placing those tokens on the map near the figure, that's dumb)

Close-up (with some "battle damage" on the middle walls, bad design, going to change):

20150821.jpg

Group ready:

20150819.jpg

Group exhausted:

20150820.jpg

Changing status is a breeze, just push the card down on the hindmost end and against the rear wall to change from active to exhausted. It works really good and everything stays in place when you bump against it. To track the damage you need to put 1, 2, 3 markings on your figures (for Descent I simply painted one, two or three little dots on three sides of the base edge, works great).

The graphical design is not final, I was mainly interested if it works at all.

Furthermore I'd like your feedback for a first attempt to help organize all the tokens:

20150810.jpg

The cardboarx holders are not final, they are old prototypes from the matchbox design process (going to make additional walls and different artworks. You can see four matchboxes, the rearmost ones are simply standing on two matchbox hulls. On the left side are all tokens for setup, on the right side in-game tokens (hope I sorted right).

Feel free to tell me what you think! A dice box is already planned, btw...

I really like the No-Fancy-Name-Yet box/tray. Easy way to track damage. I had been printing out another card with the numbers on it to hold the damage tokens, but like your tray better and it takes not much more room than the card itself. Nice solution for the exhausted card, too.

I think you're on the right way with your fancy tray.

In the meantime, for the damage of the imperial figures I've bought a (mini) bottle with 100 mini-dice (5 mm). One dice on the base showing how much damege has already taken. It works. The dice come also in many colors so I may use them for distinguish the group too.

I like the idea of two matchboxes for the counters, one for setup and one for in-game counter. But I'd prefer that all the side were closed.

It seems als to me that setup counters may require more than one tray. If so, what do you think of have one hull for all the setup tray?

Again, thank for your work

I really like the No-Fancy-Name-Yet box/tray. Easy way to track damage. I had been printing out another card with the numbers on it to hold the damage tokens, but like your tray better and it takes not much more room than the card itself. Nice solution for the exhausted card, too.

Thanks, that's very encouraging!

I like the idea of two matchboxes for the counters, one for setup and one for in-game counter. But I'd prefer that all the side were closed.

It seems als to me that setup counters may require more than one tray. If so, what do you think of have one hull for all the setup tray?

Again, thank for your work

You're welcome, I'm having fun, great way to spend more time with my beloved games even when no one is around to actually play them.

Yeah, I'd like two boxes, too, at the moment there are actually four... The missing wall can be changed easily, was planning to do so anyway, but those prototypes happened to lounge around when I was trying to sort things out.

I think I can do two low but bigger boxes, maybe with a traditional detachable lid. The in-game box will have some free space for upcoming condition tokens.

Maybe I have an idea to keep this raised second level even with one box, kinda like it...

I would like to thank you kind sir. You have brought peace and order to (my box) the galaxy!

Waiting for for twin shadows expansion stuff from you! :)

Thank you for your words! And even though I plan to continue with Twin Shadows, this will take some time because the german version is only announced so far (Q4).

Card boxes nearly ready, currently working on v1.1 to upload.

v1.0 looks awesome!

I didn't see the matchbox style for item cards (Tier I, II, and III next to each other... did I imagine you saying it was a thing?)

I also didn't see the individual hero campaign storage boxes, or an overlord campaign storage box - are these being included in 1.1?

Again, everything looks beautiful and I can't wait to put them all together!

I would like to thank you kind sir. You have brought peace and order to (my box) the galaxy!

Thank you for your words! And even though I plan to continue with Twin Shadows, this will take some time because the german version is only announced so far (Q4).

Hello ! I am the author of French blog IA (http://assaut-sur-empire.fr/)

Your work is awesome! I am interested to translate it (I can do). Are you interested in a PARTNERSHI to distribute your creation in my blog (link to your web site)?

Hello ! I am the author of French blog IA (http://assaut-sur-empire.fr/)

Your work is awesome! I am interested to translate it (I can do). Are you interested in a PARTNERSHI to distribute your creation in my blog (link to your web site)?

Thanks!

Concerning translations:

You're not the first one to ask and I already gave it a try to make an editable pdf. Actually it's much more work than simply replacing the text in my master file and the result doesn't look that good. Here's the deal:

I'll make an Excel sheet with all english phrases. If you're interested in a translated version send me a PM with your mail adress and I'll send you this file. You enter all translated phrases and the next time I don't have anything to work on - somewhere around christmas 2019 perhaps ;) - I'll replace the text in my master file and upload a translated version.

And linking to my site in your blog is no problem! Of course you can wait until the french version is done.

EDIT: French translation arrived!

v1.0 looks awesome!

I didn't see the matchbox style for item cards (Tier I, II, and III next to each other... did I imagine you saying it was a thing?)

I also didn't see the individual hero campaign storage boxes, or an overlord campaign storage box - are these being included in 1.1?

Again, everything looks beautiful and I can't wait to put them all together!

Thanks a lot! I've only uploaded the standard tuckboxes so far, wanted to finish the update for my site first before uploading the rest. But I think I'll already upload the file before that, since I'm busy with wave 7 hangars for X-Wing right now. Let you know when it's up!

Edited by SirWillibald

That was fast this time:

SpecialCardboxes v1.0 (includes Matchboxes and DispenserBox)

TuckboxCollection v1.1 (see changelog on first page)

can be found here:

http://www.sirwillibald.com/?page_id=1831〈=en

Fancy preview page and some instructions will follow later. The matchbox is done almost exactly like the Armada DiceBox, you can use the corresponding instruction pages for now:

http://www.sirwillibald.com/?page_id=139〈=en

Edited by SirWillibald

Just downloaded the v1.0 and was looking at page 4 of the Special Boxes.  It looks like the big IA logo is backwards for the condition cards box.  Same thing on page 7 with the item cards.  It might have gotten inverted when you turned it or something.

Thanks so much for finishing these boxes so quickly though.  Can't wait to get them printed and assembled.

Just downloaded the v1.0 and was looking at page 4 of the Special Boxes.  It looks like the big IA logo is backwards for the condition cards box.  Same thing on page 7 with the item cards.  It might have gotten inverted when you turned it or something.

Thanks so much for finishing these boxes so quickly though.  Can't wait to get them printed and assembled.

:blink: Well spotted, thanks!

Sorry, must have been drunk when doing this, going to fix this ASAP.

That was fast this time:

SpecialCardboxes v1.0 (includes Matchboxes and DispenserBox)

TuckboxCollection v1.1 (see changelog on first page)

can be found here:

http://www.sirwillibald.com/?page_id=1831〈=en

Fancy preview page and some instructions will follow later. The matchbox is done almost exactly like the Armada DiceBox, you can use the corresponding instruction pages for now:

http://www.sirwillibald.com/?page_id=139〈=en

Absolutely gorgeous. I'm not sure when I'll have time to go buy some heavier paper, but I'm super excited to put these together... it's a far better solution that just a stack of rubber bands!

Thanks What, nice to hear!

Just a quick info: My website is now "officially" updated with IA stuff, but nothing new at the moment, been busy with X-Wing wave 7. But I'll get back to this!

Translation status:

I've received french translations so far, feel free to contact me by PM for additional languages, I just can't promise how long it will take.

Great work SirWilli, I finally got all the boxes built up. Will you be doing thicker boxes in the future? I had to make two of the side mission boxes to fit in all the expansions.

Other than that I really love the organization these bring to the game. Cant wait to see what you come up with to store the models :)

Thanks, Swusn!

Yes, I plan to do this, currently thinking about simply adding multiple sizes of each (or almost each) box instead of measuring everything exactly to fit one core + one expansion, this would get me into trouble, soon. Pretty much like I did with X-Wing and Armada.

The model storage is on my list, but I can't promise how long it will take.

I'm sorry for my noobish question.

But if I understand this correctly, all I need is some thick paper that I use in the printer to print the PDF-files at 100% , and then I cut and fold the paper correctly (+glue) so that it will form a box for the cards?

I don't need anything else except the PDF-papers + scissors and glue?

This looks amazing! :D

But if I understand this correctly, all I need is some thick paper that I use in the printer to print the PDF-files at 100% , and then I cut and fold the paper correctly (+glue) so that it will form a box for the cards?

Correct. I built a bunch of the Armada ones with some card stock paper, glue sticks, a printer and a bone scorer. The final thing is optional, but helped me get straight folds.

Correct. I built a bunch of the Armada ones with some card stock paper, glue sticks, a printer and a bone scorer. The final thing is optional, but helped me get straight folds.

That's pretty much it, isn't this great? :)

I really think nobody should feel the need to spend a little fortune on storage solutions for games that are already pricey by themselves.

Some more infos concerning printing, cutting and glueing can be found here:

http://www.sirwillibald.com/?page_id=191〈=en