SirWillibald

SirWilli's Workshop: Imperial Assault stuff

Great work

GREAT WORK

Thank you, Sir

PS May I ask you a box for the hero sheets?? btw I've sleeved them with swan panasia sleeves for arkham horror, trimming the excess....

Edited by Sportacus

One question I know you said that sleeved cards will fit in the tuckboxes but the sleeved cards are much thicker than the non-sleeved cards. Will the full deck fit into each of the boxes?

If you use your X-ray vision you will notice that all those boxes above are filled with FFG sleeved IA cards, and of course all cards fit. I even tried to accomodate for the first expansion wave (which is not yet available here in germany).

Great work

GREAT WORK

Thank you, Sir

PS May I ask you a box for the hero sheets?? btw I've sleeved them with swan panasia sleeves for arkham horror, trimming the excess....

Of course, wanted to ask folks around here if they sleeved those. These aren't FFG sleeves, right? Exact measurements?

And I completely forgot to do a SEBS box (store-everything-between-sessions) for the heroes. Any insights how big this should be? How much cards? What else? Does the imp player need this, too?

Edited by SirWillibald

Great work

GREAT WORK

Thank you, Sir

Of course, wanted to ask folks around here if they sleeved those. These aren't FFG sleeves, right? Exact measurements?

And I completely forgot to do a SEBS box (store-everything-between-sessions) for the heroes. Any insights how big this should be? How much cards? What else? Does the imp player need this, too?

The sleeves that I used are the hero sheets are Swan PanAsia 128x180mm Arkham Horror sheet (SWN-519, 40/pack) - (128 x 180mm). As far as I know they are 90 microns thick. I followed what suggested by a BGG user here: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/20122660#20122660. I am very satisfied.

About SEBS box...

In a campaign each heroe can use, in a single mission, no more than 1 armour, 2 weapons and 3 equipments. But they can own an unlimited numbers of object cards. We have also reward cards and cards that enhance weapons. I think that during a campaign a hero will own no more than 15 cards. And heroes can be rewarded with allies deployment cards.

The imperial player has the Agenda deck, the Mission deck and the Imperial class deck. The imperial player too can be rewarded with allies deployment cards.

And the agenda cards may go out and in the deck, keeped secret in the hand of the IP, played as forced/side missions...

I don't have ideas on how to organize SEBS. I believe that a well written campaign log is the best solution.

I'm sure I've forgot something, so I hope there is someone with better ides than mine :-(

PS I've another box request: a box for the mission/campaign pledged sheets that come with the wave miniatures (like that of Vader and Skywalker in the core set...). What do you think of it?

Edited by Sportacus

Alright, thanks! I don't think I'll make something to organize all this stuff, a campaign log seems far more suitable in this case.

I'm merely thinking of a big box, where you can throw in everything that belongs to a hero (or the imp player). Is this reasonable? If so, I only need a rough card count (how much of each size you have to expect around the end of a campaign in general) and I'm good to go!

Campaign log: I had no chance to play campaign mode yet, but would it be possible to write all necessary stuff on a piece of paper sized liked the big cards from IA (FFG green sleeves)? If so, I think sometime in the future I could make a nice log sheet of this size that you can put into a sleeve. You'll be able to write on this sleeve with an appropriate pen that can be removed (don't know what it's called in english) and you could put it into the yet to be done SEBS box. Worth thinking about?

Concerning your wish:

You mean the folded letter size instruction/mission sheet? Good idea, shouldn't be much of a problem besides a nice looking artwork for the box... :)

Alright, thanks! I don't think I'll make something to organize all this stuff, a campaign log seems far more suitable in this case.

I'm merely thinking of a big box, where you can throw in everything that belongs to a hero (or the imp player). Is this reasonable? If so, I only need a rough card count (how much of each size you have to expect around the end of a campaign in general) and I'm good to go!

Campaign log: I had no chance to play campaign mode yet, but would it be possible to write all necessary stuff on a piece of paper sized liked the big cards from IA (FFG green sleeves)? If so, I think sometime in the future I could make a nice log sheet of this size that you can put into a sleeve. You'll be able to write on this sleeve with an appropriate pen that can be removed (don't know what it's called in english) and you could put it into the yet to be done SEBS box. Worth thinking about?

Concerning your wish:

You mean the folded letter size instruction/mission sheet? Good idea, shouldn't be much of a problem besides a nice looking artwork for the box... :)

For the content of the box I'll pass to other user. We have a mix of large and small cards for each hero and for the IP... Can't think of an efficient box.

For the log, I think I'll made a personalized verion of this: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/116149/compact-ia-campaign-log-11.

Ther are many like that on BGG, even spreadsheets.

For my last wish, yes, you got it. For the artwork... Maybe you can use the imperial, rebel and smuggler logos in the three cards that are on every tuckbox...

You do very impressive work, SirWillibald. Amazing!

For those that haven't picked up the Twin Shadows yet, FFG posted the Rulebook and Campaign Log for it a few days ago:

Twin Shadows Rulebook

Twin Shadows Campaign Log Sheet

The actual rulebook has the campaign missions printed within it as well but they didn't post them in the PDF version for obvious reasons.

Cheers!

SirWilli:

I'm anxious to get started, having just gotten into Imperial Assault (from being an avid X-Wing/Armada player).  I checked your site and don't see these anywhere.  I'm not in an incredible rush, just curious when you might have these ready??

Thanks!!!

Awesome work - can't wait for them to be released.

I was wondering why you seperated the Imperial Class Cards - wouldnt it be more efficient to have one "big" box for all of them?

Are you planning to keep the Wave Expansion seperated or are the boxes big enough to house ... let's say:

Core + mini exp (royal guard champ, ig-88, ...)

Twin Shadows + mini exp (r2d2, c3po, boba, ...)

Good question, to be hinest I haven't digged that deep into the campaign rules yet, is there no need to keep them separated? I'd include a single box anyway, but if the separate boxes aren't usefull I'll omit them.

Are you planning to keep the Wave Expansion seperated or are the boxes big enough to house ... let's say:Core + mini exp (royal guard champ, ig-88, ...)Twin Shadows + mini exp (r2d2, c3po, boba, ...)

That's exactly my plan at the moment. Even though that might lead to problems for people who buy more than one of each (which is usually my starting point).

Good question, to be hinest I haven't digged that deep into the campaign rules yet, is there no need to keep them separated? I'd include a single box anyway, but if the separate boxes aren't usefull I'll omit them.

For a single campaign you'll use a single Imperial Class Deck.

We have 3 Imperial Class Deck in the core and 1 deck in Twin Shadows.

I guess another one will be included in Return to Hoth.

After re-reading the preview there will be 2 Imperial Class Deck, Precision Training and Armored Onslaught

And Return to Hoth will also have a new skirmish mode for 3 and 4 players and a new sub-type of reward card: boon and bane..

You're work with the tuckboxes seems to be endless...

Edited by Sportacus

I would suggest to bundle the box expansions with the mini-expansions, as (imho) they belong together.

I guess the people who own more then one copy might be still be interested to keep them apart - can be handy when

you are selling it later on.

That's it, I'm done building tuckboxes and stuff, can't stand the sight of my scissors, the smell of glue or the noise of my paper trimmer making fold lines any more...

20150818.jpg

At least for today. That's an awful big bunch of various cards for a single game, what lunatic designed this game? Didn't he thought of poor nerds like me who cand stand leaving the cards naked...

The matchbox will be included in my download (for the item cards), as well as a standard tuckbox for the item cards. And single big boxes for the class cards (building those small boxes is a bit annoying, but the result looks fine). As you can see, I split the command cards by cost, a big box to hold about 50 command cards will be included, too.

Have to correct a few minor flaws before making the PDF files.

*vibrates in mingled anticipation and dread* so much work to do...

Okay, I'm still working on my website update and I wanted to complete the PDF for the matchboxes and fulfill one or two other wishes from here.

But I'm too tired to continue, even though the PDF for the standard tuckboxes is ready and waiting to be downloaded. As a token for my gratitude for all your nice comments and helpful suggestions:
http://www.sirwillibald.com/?page_id=1831〈=en
(The page is not listed yet on my site).

There are a few print sheets with only one box, this is on purpose because they are alternatives (either for something else inside the file or for a matchbox).

As mentioned, the matchbox for the item cards will follow, but I think I won't do the class cards matchboxes, seems not that useful indeed (of course you may try to convince me).

Should you find any mistakes, please let me know! Should you have additional wishes (besides a box for the little rule sheets and box for campaign stuff, doing that anyway), feel free to ask!

Happy crafting,
SirWilli.

Should you find any mistakes, please let me know! Should you have additional wishes (besides a box for the little rule sheets and box for campaign stuff, doing that anyway), feel free to ask!

Happy crafting,

SirWilli.

First of all, thanks

But I feel that thanks is not enough.

Additional wishes? What do you think of Matchboxes or tuckboxes for dice and counters? And the Hero cards Bix Box? Separate the Item box by tier (I - II - III)?

EDIT: Forgot a couple of question...

How much room left for additional cards are in the boxes? I'm thinking of the new condition cards that will come with Twin Shadows...

Edited by Sportacus

Happy crafting,

SirWilli.

First of all, thanks

But I feel that thanks is not enough.

Additional wishes? What do you think of Matchboxes or tuckboxes for dice and counters? And the Hero cards Bix Box? Separate the Item box by tier (I - II - III)?

EDIT: Forgot a couple of question...

How much room left for additional cards are in the boxes? I'm thinking of the new condition cards that will come with Twin Shadows...

All your wishes will be fulfilled, at least if everything goes as planned. :)

I just can't promised how fast, unfortunately I have a regular day job and a family ;)

The boxes should gove room for the first wave, I did not take Twin Shadows into account. In case of the condition cards I'll make an additional size and a matchbox, seems appropriate for those cards.

Edited by SirWillibald

All your wishes will be fulfilled, at least if everything goes as planned. :)

I just can't promised how fast, unfortunately I have a regular day job and a family ;)

The boxes should gove room for the first wave, I did not take Twin Shadows into account. In case of the condition cards I'll make an additional size and a matchbox, seems appropriate for those cards.

I know. I've a job and a family too.

You've provided most of what is needed, so when the other things will be done it will be a plus.

May I suggest to use this template for the hero cards? http://www.templatemaker.nl/index.php?template=mailer〈=en

I whis to help you. but my graphics skills are just a basic Gimp. Very low on Inkscape or other svg programs.

Thanks as usual

May I suggest to use this template for the hero cards? http://www.templatemaker.nl/index.php?template=mailer〈=en

Sure, you just have to convince me why this is better than a standard tuckbox :)

Or just for the sake of variety?

Nice site, btw, thanks for the link!

I like variety and was looking for an excuse to pass you the link :P