Sign in to follow this  
WWPDSteven

Intensify Forward Firepower Episode 9.5- Rub a Dub Dub

We did an "anthology" episode with Dano, Eric, and myself as we talk through our list choices for an upcoming tournament.

http://iff.podbean.com/e/episode-ix5-rub-a-dub-dub-vol-1/

In this "IFF Anthologies" episode, Dano, Steve, and Eric light some scented candles, and climb into the tub to talk about lists. Eric and Steve are gearing up for a tournament, and wanted to record the process of working through what to run! In order to get properly hyped for this episode, please make sure to watch "I'm Han Solo":

After listening to you discuss objectives, I think Chance/Eric should consider running superior positions with a list that includes 9 y-wings, and here is why:  Supperior positions says you get 1 victory token for each damage applied from a rear arc shot, so since his list was designed to activate all of the Y-wings with squadron commands, and the MKII is relatively quick lets assume that you get rear arc shots with all ships/squadrons once, assuming random dice, and you target the same ship, that means it suffers 2 AFMKII shots which given the dice and randomness lets assume they each score at least 1 damage, and 9 or even conservatively 8 Y-wing shots, averages say that totals to 6 success and 2 blanks but 2 of the successes is a hit/crit.  So not only has the ship conservatively taken a total of 10 damage, in small one shot increaments to its weakest shield section which will very likely result in significant damage to the hull of the ship. that means in one single turn you have gained 8 Victory tokens, assuming you can next turn get similar or even slightly less attacks, which if you are attacking a VSD you should be able to get the same if not more attacks on the rear, simply because they are not fast enough to escape, you yet again net 8 more tokens, lets say and given 8 more damage you very probably destroy said victory.  Than means in two turns you net 16 victory tokens and a victory, so lets say you score no additional points and/or damage and the opponent procedes to destroy your ships and tables you that makes the score, assuming you destroy a Vic 1 with no upgrades,  Your opponent gains 300 for your fleet but you gain 312 from 16 tokens and one destroyed 72 point ship.  Which turns what would normally be considered a win into a defeat, and if you manage to score even 2-3 more rear shots on other targets your winning margin increases.  Which basically means you will probably not play said scenario, but it can lead to a larger point swing from victory tokens than is immediately obvious.

Up to 2 shout outs. . . Nice!

I don't know. . . I have a pretty good list I am working with.

+++ Battle Whales (293pts) +++

Assault Frigate Mark IIB (122pts) Advanced Projectors (6pts),

Enhanced Armament (10pts),

Gunnery Team (7pts),

Intel Officer (7pts),

•General Dodonna (20pts)

Assault Frigate Mark IIB (100pts) Advanced Projectors (6pts),

Enhanced Armament (10pts),

•Paragon (5pts),

•Raymus Antilles (7pts)

CR90 Corvette A (44pts)

+ Squadrons (27pts) +

A-Wing Squadron (11pts)

•Tycho Celchu (16pts)

+ Objectives +

Assault Objective [Advanced Gunnery]

Defense Objective [Fire Lanes]

Navigation Objective [Dangerous Territory]

Super thanks to whoever posted the link for IFF.  Listened to my first pod-cast this weekend, and it is, in fact, a great, great show!

Looking forward to hearing about the tourney and the march of the y-wings.   Also, more nerdy Star Wars humor and that guy who's accent sounds like the love child of the Red Sox and a Boston Lager.  (Or should I say, La-gah?)

Does anyone know the best way to submit a question to the IFF team for discussion? 

Super thanks to whoever posted the link for IFF.  Listened to my first pod-cast this weekend, and it is, in fact, a great, great show!

Looking forward to hearing about the tourney and the march of the y-wings.   Also, more nerdy Star Wars humor and that guy who's accent sounds like the love child of the Red Sox and a Boston Lager.  (Or should I say, La-gah?)

Does anyone know the best way to submit a question to the IFF team for discussion?

Facebook, sometimes on here, on their podcast site in the comments section.oh and reddit.