Sign in to follow this  
TheMoonLord

Anyone else bored?

Too much time on forums and not enough time playing, probably!

I find that even when the meta is predictable and what not, actually playing the game is almost NEVER boring. Especially playing in tournaments.

On paper, playing against and with meta lists sounds boring. In truth, actual play of these matches is action packed and exciting, where one bad play or one good roll determines the outcome.

My recommendation is more play time!         

I'd love to, but I can't!  I haven't gotten a game in since July 9th.  I had my ankle surgery and have been laid up.  At this point, I can play, but I can't drive due to the pain meds I'm on.  I live too far out of the way for anyone to come here rather than the game store on Thursday nights.  Here it is.....another Thursday and my gaming buddies are all going to the game store tonight while I troll the forums at work...looking for something entertaining...

I feel ya. I was out of town for 3 weeks straight and this week my wife had something come up so I can't make it to game night again. Such is life, I guess. I suppose there's Vassal if you can stomach it, but I'm not a huge fan of that format.

If I was bored and my parents said I shouldn't be because of all the toys I had and things outside to do and the chores that needed to be done, it was really because I was a little lonely and needed some social feedback, or a reason to laugh, or just to remember some little forgotten joy of living.  So now I live in my dead pit of emptiness because my boredom was such a burden for them to give me real advice on, and I think it's my fault.

But at least I'll get my Raider on Monday.  That will show them.

Sounds like you need more relief than a Raider can provide.

Wow. You guys make me feel like a nice dad. When my girls are bored, I say, "Okay, what game do you want to play? Or we can play with your My Little Ponies or Strawberry Shortcakes."

How is that even a question?

Strawberry Shortcakes, every time!

It's not real boredom. We're all just ready for 9/4 already!

9th April has been and gone ;)

I can't wait for 4th September either! Until then I'll continue enjoying the models I've got and planning what to get next.

By the way

When this topic started it read like a "your momma" exchange. Very funny!

How is that even a question?

Strawberry Shortcakes, every time!

I have to admit that I actually knew the real life Strawberry Shortcakes.  The guy who designed the whole thing lived in my neighborhood in Wappingers Falls, NY.  He made a whole bunch of games and toys in that time period.  Remember the scratch n sniff game where you had to smell the things that you pulled out of the fishing hole?  That was him.

Well, his daughter was about my age and had red hair.  He always said he modelled it on his daughter.  She was pretty prissy and annoying.  Most of the other neighborhood kids didn't like her much.  Looking back, I can't really tell if she was quite prissy or the neighborhood kids just never gave her quite a chance.  I do know that I had to cut through her yard every time to go visit my friends. 

...she had an odd name....like Marrissa or something?   Odd the things you remember...

Im bored.

Buy one of those Kenner Rebel transport (the kind that could carry like, 50 action figures), treat it as a Mon Calamari battlecruiser, and try to kill it with a 750 point Imperial force while defending it with 250 points of fighters. 

Now hire a stripper to dance behind the Rebel players. Refer to her only as "electronic countermeasures".

Go. 

Edited by BenderIsGreat

my kid told me he was bored once...........................then after entertaining him with a trip to the game store to sell back the N64, PS1 and 2, XBOX, XBOX360, and all the games. he never felt bored again.

actually it was more entertaining for me, does that make me evil???????

???

my kid told me he was bored once...........................then after entertaining him with a trip to the game store to sell back the N64, PS1 and 2, XBOX, XBOX360, and all the games. he never felt bored again.

actually it was more entertaining for me, does that make me evil???????

Nah, just showing there is consequence to what you say. :)

Wow. You guys make me feel like a nice dad. When my girls are bored, I say, "Okay, what game do you want to play? Or we can play with your My Little Ponies or Strawberry Shortcakes."

Strawberries!

No idea what shortcakes are :)

Edited:

Shouldn't this be in the off-topic section?

Edited by Cununculus

If bored with X-wing then I say quit and send me your fleet. I'll pay postage. ;)

Seriously though: MISSIONS. If you haven't played the published missions, GO DO IT! They are fun and it breaks up the same ol same ol boring 100pt Dogfight. Plus designing missions are hella fun too.

Edited by dewbie420

we had our kids head banging by the age of 3.

now they are 22 and 20, love metal music, my daughter sometimes listens to country, she thinks she is a redneck, somewhere I failed as a father.......................

boring 100pt Dogfight.

Say what?

I dont think they're boring... but I know players who say that they are bored with 100pt dogfights. These guys play the same 4 lists, so I can understand. Me? I'm NEVER bored with this game.

Yeah. My problem is actually that I want to play the same list twice sometimes, but I can't resist trying something new every game. Not to mention, you likely face something new or slightly different each game even if you bring the same list yourself.