Sign in to follow this  
Quendil

Points value for a-wing

Say that I us a Prototype Pilot A-wing with Chardaan Refit

I suffer a Munitions failure.

Nex turn the A-wing is Killed

How many points will this give to the other player ? 15 or 17?

Say that I us a Prototype Pilot A-wing with Chardaan Refit

I suffer a Munitions failure.

Nex turn the A-wing is Killed

How many points will this give to the other player ? 15 or 17?

Chardaan Refit isn't a secondary weapon, so it isn't affected by Munitions Failure. Your opponent earns 15 points for killing your Prototype.

ETA: Actually, I'm not sure that's a complete answer. Other cards, when discarded, don't change the ship's point value--if you had Proton Rockets instead of Chardaan Refit, your opponent would still get 20 points rather than 17 when your Prototype was killed. So even if there were a way to force you to discard Chardaan Refit, it still wouldn't change the cost of the Prototype.

Edited by Vorpal Sword

Also, even if there were currently any cards with negative squad point costs that could be discarded by any means other than destruction of their ships, the tournament rules spell out how to score discarded cards. Hint: it's the same way you score any other discarded cards.

Ships don't change their point cost during play.

...Chardaan Refit is not a weapon, even though it takes up a secondary weapon upgrade slot.

It doesn't take up a "secondary weapon upgrade slot". There is no such thing. It takes up a Torpedo Missile slot.

You determine whether an upgrade is a secondary weapon based on whether it has an "Attack:" effect on it. The icon (torpedo/bomb/etc.) doesn't actually matter.

Edited by Quarrel

...Chardaan Refit is not a weapon, even though it takes up a secondary weapon upgrade slot.

It doesn't take up a "secondary weapon upgrade slot". There is no such thing. It takes up a Missile slot.

You determine whether an upgrade is a secondary weapon based on whether it has an "Attack:" effect on it. The icon (torpedo/bomb/etc.) doesn't actually matter.

Fixed

It doesn't take up a "secondary weapon upgrade slot". There is no such thing. It takes up a Torpedo slot.

In context, Parravon is explaining exactly the same point you are: Chardaan Refit is not a secondary weapon, even though it lives in a slot normally devoted to secondary weapons.

Thank you, VP. That's exactly what I meant. Man, some dudes take things too literally round here some days.

Taking things literally is how you answer this question, though. The rulebook says what a "secondary weapon" is. If you go by that instead of "anything with a missile, torpedo, cannon, or turret icon", you won't be one of those people who have to run to the FAQ to see if Hot Shot Blaster or Bomb Loadout is a weapon.

The original question was whether or not a discarded card changes the initial point value of the ship. And that's what I addressed, without going into too much detail, which I've found can be somewhat confusing to newer players.