Sign in to follow this  
PsychoRocka

Unique Ally Championship 2015

AW: Arwen. Tough choice. While Treebeard is great Solo and can be played in every deck, Arwen is very very good both in MP and Solo. In addition to this, Spirit is almost a must have in most games, so Arwen is almost guaranteed to see play. It really aches me having to vote against Treebeard, but Arwen's so beautiful that I think I'll be able to endure it. :P

3P: Gandalf.

AW - Treebeard

3P - Gandalf

Treebeard can contribute to any part of the round admirably, sticks around, is Neutral, enables a powerful archetype but merits inclusion even without the other Ents. I have to give him the nod, here. Arwen is strong, of course, and she is a finalist over many other strong allies. I just don't think she carries as many games as Treebeard does, based on my own experience.

Gandalf is the epitome of versatility. Competing against a Leadership ally, he is still the better Sneak Attack target. I still think Gimli is quite powerful for being able to quest and contribute to either side of combat against a new enemy, but Gandalf can do similar (usually to greater effect) for any sphere.

So. Very. Tough. (Though I was glad to see Gimli crushed by Arwen. That's what you get for giving your love to the morning, Dwarf!)

AW: Treebeard - the stats alone decided it for me. However, the textbox on Treebeard just seals the deal. He collects resources, can pay for Ents, AND ready any Ent character for two resources? Yes, please. Glad to see Arwen make it to the finals, however.

3P: Dare I say it? Does the Dwarf break my rule at last? What does the son of Gloin have over an Istari, anyway? I'm not going to soliloquize: Gimli has solid stats and can potentially ready after questing. Meanwhile, Gandalf can create a big impact when he enters play and then vanishes at the end of the round. The Wizard is not necessary for winning a tough scenario anymore. So my vote goes to . . . Gimli!

AW Treebeard. Neutral with those stat lines that sticks around, and with in-built readying for allies (including himself)?! So OP, and a win every time. (While Arwen is awesome, spirit just has so many other advantages going for it that I like to see a versatile power card that can be used in non-spirit decks).

3P Gandalf. Much as I love Gimli (and would have liked to see him and Legolas make it into the bronze match together!), he's just not as versatile and essential as the classic Grey Wanderer. Whatever you need -- willpower, damage, cards, threat reduction, defense -- Mithrandir has your back. Plus, you can call him almost anything you want: Tharkûn, Stormcrow, Greyhame, The White Rider, Incánus, or the name first given to him in Valinor, Olórin. Fitting for an ally who can fit into any deck and fill almost any role.

AW : Arwen - Treebeard is a very strong ally, I voted for him till now, but I found Arwen of a bit more use in my decks

3P : Gimli - I have to admit now that the stinky wizard got of the final, that he is better than everyone, but I cannot forget he got Gildor out of the competition, so my vote goes for Gimli

Edited by Nickpes