Sign in to follow this  
comradeda

Bored. What GM helper pages should I make?

Hey, I'm kind of bored right now, and bustling with manic-depressive energy (for now). What helper pages would be useful for GMs for me to write. I'm looking for things that end up taking a while to look up that probably couldn't be sped up by reading the dice differently.

There are already 40k name generators out there.

I'd also want to avoid trying to save time on things where the amount of time saved would be spent on typing things into an online form.

Make a working character builder :)

Seriously, if you can code in say, HTML and javascript you can do it. Or at least make a summary of every single possible option on a single webpage - shifting through multiple books in a real pain right.

Actually, I might try that someday...

Otherwise, make something like this, but for DH2E - I'm not too sure how legal it is, but you'd be loved ;)

Seriously, if you can code in say, HTML and javascript you can do it. Or at least make a summary of every single possible option on a single webpage - shifting through multiple books in a real pain right.

Otherwise, make something like this, but for DH2E - I'm not too sure how legal it is, but you'd be loved ;)

Have you tried this?

Somebody attempted this before, but never finished it and the expansions aren't included:

http://heresycreator.96.lt/

Yeah, I know about that - it actually inspired me to work on something similar (although I'm having to learn javascript to generate random numbers, as all I know is C and html and they don't go well together). If I actually manage to finish it I'll post it up someday, but don't get your hopes up too much - it'll take at least another month or two :(

Have you tried this?

That's very cool, but how do you use it?

I can't seem to edit it or anything...

There's also that app that they made. Slightly pricey. But hey, features!!

As for what to do: Summarize all the potential effects to a Focus Power Test. Pushing, Psy-Focus, Talents. Lots of things to reference that can be scattered around. Also, note any effects to the Phenomena roll.

A site called ordo malleus.org had a really good one for DH1. Don't know if it's still active but it allowed for both creation and advancement! If you could do something like that it would be truly impressive!

Edited by Radwraith