Sign in to follow this  
SemperSarge

Chiss Ascendancy... Location???

Hi Guys, 

Using the large, beautiful two-page map of the galaxy in the core rulebooks, does anybody know where exactly the Chiss Ascendancy would be located? Or... anyone know any background about the Chiss Ascendancy on the route you would take to get there? What planets or systems are close to it? Thanks in advance! -Jay 

If you look at the bottom of the map, grid coordinates F-8, you should see Csilla off by itself. Csilla is the Chiss homeworld.

Being in the Unknown Regions, there isn't much detail on how large Chiss space is or what systems are nearby. Their enemies tended to be unique to the region (such as Vagaari).

As for what route you would take to get there... I'm not sure there is a detailed route. The Unknown Regions are supposedly tough to navigate in hyperspace due to large deposits of handwavium, so whatever works best for your game.

The only thing the EU really agrees on is that Csilla is their homeworld, and its covered in ice. Oh, and some of the higher ranking members have the title Aristocra. After that, it gets pretty full of contradictions from several sources, even for the EU.

If you don't mind stepping into Legends territory, I recommend "Star Wars: The Essential Atlas" book. It's amazing for questions like these.

I'm almost positive that anything to do with Chiss (other than name and appearance) is Legends.

If you don't mind stepping into Legends territory, I recommend "Star Wars: The Essential Atlas" book. It's amazing for questions like these.

I'm almost positive that anything to do with Chiss (other than name and appearance) is Legends.

These days I think even Chiss themselves are technically Legends, though there's no reason they wouldn't appear in the new canon....

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chiss_Ascendancy

That gives not only a good description of the governing and military, but also an actual map of the area it encompasses, with descriptions of important places.

Here's the map:

ChissAscendancy.jpg

Thanks for this! One of my players is a Chiss smuggler who does not much want to return home. Naturally I'll draw him back to his home world by means of family pressure. I didn't know of any other worlds in the Ascendancy outside of Csilla. This helps a great deal.