Sign in to follow this  
Krynn007

Who wants ffg to release epic tournament kits?

Will soon have the Raider giving two out of three factions epic ships.

I hope ffg are looking at making a epic tournament kit.

If not maybe they'll listen. If enough interest. Even if it's just 1 seasonal kit.

Some acrylic range ruler, energy tokens, alt art raider or transport card etc , along with crew would be pretty cool

Even if it's a team game I think it would be a hell of a lot of fun.

There is no meta for this so be interesting to see what kind of lists we would see.

Only thing I'd want though is to give players some sort of incentive to use their huge ships. Rather than spam fighters.

Maybe with a type of scenerio play like in armada giving a player a bigger advantage if they have a huge ship vs someone spamming fighters

(this way you don't exclude scum but your aware of the disadvantage, and also more encouraged to take a huge ship over spamming fighters)

Either way if you'd like to see this format get a little more support please show your interest here

We know they do read these forums after all

Edited by Krynn007

Don't really care about Epic Tournament format.  

Yes- I would play it.  In fact, I would probably enjoy it more than standard tourney format but I think the best thing about Epic is not the potential for tournament play but even greater opportunity for scenario and campaign play that does not necessarily involve evenly balanced opponents but rather something more interesting, imaginative and...

... Epic!

More Epic events? yes. Epic tournaments? lets wait on that one. Huge ships are not worth the points in a competitive format and scum doesn't have any huge ships yet. You would pretty much see for the cut 300 point standard list with the 4 IG-88s being on top. Sure still sounds cool but I think there needs to be some tweaking first.

Edited by Marinealver

More Epic events? yes. Epic tournaments? lets wait on that one. Huge ships are not worth the points in a competitive format and scum doesn't have any huge ships yet. You would pretty much see for the cut 300 point standard list with the 4 IG-88s being on top. Sure still sounds cool but I think there needs to be some tweaking first.

Your right, it does need tweaking

Which is why i suggested maybe make it scenerio based, and more rewarding for players that use their huge ships. Maybe by giving them an advantage of some sort. That way if all players field a huge ship everyone is on a fair playing field. If you decide not to, then you know even before it starts your at a disadvantage.

I don't know, but it's an idea. Something I'm confident the great minds at ffg would come up with

Be a nice change to the 100 pt deathmatch we are all so use to

Edited by Krynn007

With the Raider, all 3 factions have something interesting to put in an epic game (multiple IG-88s is the equivalent of a huge ship).  I think single round eliminations might be the way to go, however.  Time might also be a factor (games can last anywhere between 1.5 hour to 3 hours).

I would like to see some support for Epic Play just to raise awareness in my community, but I'm with others who are skeptical of an Epic Tournament format. I already have an awesome acrylic huge ship maneuver template from Team Covenant that is better than anything FFG will release, and a fantastic magnetic Epic range ruler from Applied Perspecitve, so I'm all set as far as swag is concerned.

Here is the video about the Team Covenant Huge Ship Templates, in case you haven't seen them.

I would definately be interested in some kind of official prize support for Epic as well. I may be remembering wrong, or possibly it's just wishful thinking, but didn't they hint at some official support at an earlier convention this year? I can't remember the name of it but it seems like it was the convention that had the Alt Art Guri.

I dunno.  I like Epic, but I like it more for a fun game.  While it would be cool to see more people playing Epic, I don't really want to do a tournament for it.  I'm really backing off tournaments these days as I just have more fun with casual gaming.  I love Epic for the casual level of play.   

If they did Epic, it should probably be teams.  2 players per team.  That would make it go better.

Here another question

Would people in your area who don't come to these forums want to see epic tournament kits?

I would say yes. People that I know would welcome an epic kit

In other words, do you think it would be worth ffg time to at least make 1 epic kit annually?

Edited by Krynn007