Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kansaijin

INDEBTED Mission: Need Rules Clarification & Request - *Spoilers*

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

the next side mission for the rebels will be "Indebted", and I was reviewing the mission ahead of time and had a question, so I'm hoping someone here can help clarify it. I also have a request for advice, since I'd like to increase my win ratio.

Question:

1.) Pulse Cannons: It says that they use 1 x RED and 1 x YELLOW die normally. It says it can hit any hero in LOS. However, by the dice, the range would be REALLY REALLY poor, like they'd have AT BEST an accuracy of 3.

So to clarify, for these cannons, is the accuracy by the dice or is unlimited? Meaning, I have been inferring from it that if a rebel is in LOS, they're HIT! Which is correct? Since it will have a big impact on how to use these.

NOTE: I am assuming if it is unlimited that a clear LOS is still required.

Advice Request:

I'm open to suggestions on how to play this mission. I am currently getting STOMPED by the rebels, having only won 1 mission so far, so I really need to hand it to them and deny Gaarkhan this reward.

So, I am looking for suggestions on:

1.) Open Groups: I'm thinking of taking IG88 (who I have won), Trandoshan Hunters and Stormtroopers (grey). I am playing "Military Might" Imperial class, so troopers are important. I also have the influence card that let's me reduce the cost of one deployment by 5 threat, one time (can't remember the name right now), which is how I plan to quickly play IG88. Mission threat is 4.

2.) Opening Moves? They have Mak, Lyn, Fenn and Gaarkhan. And I won't be surprised if they bring their Saboteurs. Honestly I'm a decent player, but my friends are experienced Min/Maxxers, and just out-thinking me on this one, so thoughts are welcome. We have all been gaming for DECADES, so there is a LOT of years of gaming experience in this group.

Thanks, all thoughts are welcome!

The new FAQ can help you with your rules question:

INDEBTED 

The second bullet of “Mission Briefing” should read: 

“Imperial mission tokens represent pulse cannons; at the end of each round, each one will fire upon a Rebel figure. When this happens, the Imperial player chooses a Rebel figure in line of sight of that cannon and rolls 1 red and 1 yellow die. That figure suffers damage equal to the damage results. If that figure is Gaarkhan, he becomes Focused.” 

And yes - you either have Line of Sight, or you do not have Line of Sight, and this ability requires you to have Line of Sight.

Edited by DarkJodo

Nexu with guerilla tactics (Pounce, Attack/Bleed, and then run away) are great for this mission.  Make them waste actions removing Bleed (or take 2 Strain/Damage when they ignore it).  You know the ending conditions for the mission, but when we played we were rushing so we probably would've taken Bleed damage, since the "mission progresses" when the door is opened.

At the end clog the hallway to the prisoner with 2 Nexu and Stormtroopers and an E-Web at the front.  All that matters is holding that final 2x2 hallway.

Put the Nexu closest to the door since they have movement to go pounce, attack something, then return to their fortifying position.

Clog it and let the Pulse Cannons do their magic.  If you clog it fully the Heroes should be visible to both Pulse Cannons (with the far one being a distance shot).  As mentioned, the Pulse Cannons have unlimited range.

Try to do some hit-and-run as the mission progresses, don't let them approach the hallway fully healed, but don't let them shoot up all your units.  Use Bleed to make them suffer strain or use an action to remove it making them stay in range of the Pulse Cannons.

In general this mission is easy for the Rebels and hard for the Imperials.  You'll have an uphill battle.

Edited by jnad83

Agreed with the comments about the Nexu.  They are super-mobile and very nasty on this map.  In our recent campaign, we (Rebels) won this mission only with 2 lucky block defense rolls at the very end of the game.  

Nexu with guerilla tactics (Pounce, Attack/Bleed, and then run away) are great for this mission.  Make them waste actions removing Bleed (or take 2 Strain/Damage when they ignore it).  You know the ending conditions for the mission, but when we played we were rushing so we probably would've taken Bleed damage, since the "mission progresses" when the door is opened.

At the end clog the hallway to the prisoner with 2 Nexu and Stormtroopers and an E-Web at the front.  All that matters is holding that final 2x2 hallway.

Put the Nexu closest to the door since they have movement to go pounce, attack something, then return to their fortifying position.

Clog it and let the Pulse Cannons do their magic.  If you clog it fully the Heroes should be visible to both Pulse Cannons (with the far one being a distance shot).  As mentioned, the Pulse Cannons have unlimited range.

Try to do some hit-and-run as the mission progresses, don't let them approach the hallway fully healed, but don't let them shoot up all your units.  Use Bleed to make them suffer strain or use an action to remove it making them stay in range of the Pulse Cannons.

In general this mission is easy for the Rebels and hard for the Imperials.  You'll have an uphill battle.

Thank you for the feedback, that is quite helpful. I hadn't considered a second Nexu, but it might be the way to go instead. I also like the idea of causing status conditions, since at this point they're getting to be pretty unbreakable as PCs.

You also summarized what I guessed, which is that this is a more uphill mission for the Imperials than some of the others.

I'll post back after we play on how it goes,

Thank you for the feedback, that is quite helpful. I hadn't considered a second Nexu, but it might be the way to go instead. I also like the idea of causing status conditions, since at this point they're getting to be pretty unbreakable as PCs.

You also summarized what I guessed, which is that this is a more uphill mission for the Imperials than some of the others.

I'll post back after we play on how it goes,

Also, depending on the threat level some basic Royal Guards would be great too.  If it's early I'd stick with the Nexu since its cheap, but later I'd grab some Royal Guards since you'll probably have enough threat to use them.

This mission only lasted about 4 rounds for us, but our IMP failed at clogging the hallway (Diala Force Push FTW).  If the Rebels have Diala w/ Force Push, then you definitely want the Nexu.

So sorry for the extreme necro,  but this seemed like a good place for a question.  I'm a new IP, and we played this mission a couple nights ago.  

Can a cannon shoot at a figure in the same space?   Strictly RAW, it seemed like the cannon would have line of sight.  I can draw lines from one corner of the space to two others, however,  its the same space.  

Am I missing something? 

Yes, a cannon can choose a figure in the same space, although the cannon shooting isn't technically an attack. Like you said, you can draw two non-intersecting, non-overlapping lines from one corner of the space to two adjacent corners of the same space.