Sign in to follow this  
Rocmistro

Rock's Painted Squadrons

I love the pale (the diagonal cut) pattern on those X-wings, and on those B wings in particular. I was really considering something like it myself if I picked up some after market Z-95's.

That's a super bold yellow, I'm not sure I feel about that :P (I get almost flashbacks of sunburst yellow in those old white, flip-top pots from the 90's. Oye). But blue for some Y-wing engines, eh? That's really different and I really like it. I don't think I've ever seen a blue ion-esque engine on a Y-wing before. I'm tempted to try that and see if I can get some bubbly blue particle effect. Hmm, maybe on the Falcon. Anyway, it's a great combination choice. But is that three in a line I see! How bold, I'll be honest and say I always have mixed feelings on the line formations like that, almost strictly because I'd worry about engine wash as a pilot, buuuuuut I've never seen anyone set it up, and I was really tempted to with a group of A-wings.

And yep, everyone needs a Rogue Squadron. It's in the rules somewhere, I do too after all :P Nice to see proper 12 fighter Squadrons, groups of 4. I'm still on side with each squadron being a flight too, feels more natural.

Seriously well done, mate.  Got any cap ships you're altering?

Thanks, yeah, the diagonal cuts are my favorite wing design, but I didn't want to overuse it on the X wings.  But, like you said Vykes, I don't care for the bumblebee yellow; either the color or the pattern.  They will get redone eventually. I was going for something reminiscent of Robotech Skull Squadron, but it just didn't turn out that way.

I went with blue for engine wash (it's actually on the other fighters as well, you just can't see it), because white drybrush over blue just seems to work nicely for the effect. I can't get it to turn out right when I try to do an orange/yellow engine glow.

I actually just finished a blue source lighting glow effect on the middle ridgeline of my Whale. It looks pretty good and contrasts nicely with the red paint. I'll get a photo up of it another night.

Doubtful that I'll do any full repaints of capital ships, Nick, but I might do some touch ups.

I actually started on one of my whales, but it's taken a back seat until i finished my squadrons. I'll probably pick that up again soon.

Beautiful fighters, but where is the 181st?

Yeah. The problem was that I first painted the <now repainted as Royal Guard Squadron> with Fel's bloodstripes...but it just didn't stand out enough on the table from the other ones.  I just couldn't seem to get the red bright enough.  So I painted Fel's squadron Royal Guard Red, instead.  I know it's sacrilege, but it looks better on the table.

Beautiful fighters, but where is the 181st?

Yeah. The problem was that I first painted the <now repainted as Royal Guard Squadron> with Fel's bloodstripes...but it just didn't stand out enough on the table from the other ones.  I just couldn't seem to get the red bright enough.  So I painted Fel's squadron Royal Guard Red, instead.  I know it's sacrilege, but it looks better on the table.

Sacrilage or not... Fel is The Red Baron!

He deserves a RED INTERCEPTOR! Nothing less than that!

ajzpwCth.jpg

Fel's Flying Circus comes to town! And enemies cower in their presence.

Edited by cruiser2710

Got some painted guppies to share.  Still touching them up and figuring out how the best way to paint them is. I don't want to reprime the ships and start from scratch, but at the same time, I'm not loving how paint is applied without a primer.

Red%20Guppy%20Starboard%202_zpsyz52pqul.

Red%20Guppy%20Starboard_zps7qsbpiba.jpg[/url

Red%20Guppy%20Rear%20oblique_zpsznqaznyh]

Red%20Guppy%20Port_zps553gnjwh.jpg

Edited by Rocmistro

beautiful....but what a pity on my tablet I cant see the Rebel fighters...pics removed? Wanted to see those Bs

That's my fault. I changed the organization on my photobucket albums so as to better organize stuff.  I guess the links changed. Give me about 15 minutes to redo them.