Sign in to follow this  
Xander Krane

Are there YT's, "Ghost" or HWKs in Age of Rebellion?

Today I ordered Force and Destiny.

Star Wars without the Force is like Star Trek without the Klingons.

For those who don't know my plan, I'm going to combine RPGs with X-Wing and Armada games to tell one story. Though RPG characters are likely to be kept out of the miniatures games unless I'm confident they'll live.

At first I was going for an Empire move into the Outer Rim after Endor. Partly because Star Vipers and Firespray are among my favourite ships. But the more I thought about it, the more I like the idea of Rebellion Era.

Got a few ideas for combining Age of Rebellion with Force and Destiny.

But with the price of books and supplements being what they are, I don't want to get too many. I'm leaning heavily towards Age of Rebellion, and keep the Scum and Villainy to Adversaries/NPC's who'll annoy the Empire as much as the Rebels.

Looking through the store, I see adversary decks and I'll be getting them. Avoiding the need for too many books just for enemies and NPCs.

What I need to know is this:

Are there ship rules for YT-2400, YT-1300 and any other YT that gets an X-Wing Rebel release in Age of Rebellion?

What about Ghost or HWK-290?

I know Ghost is the name not type of ship but I only know it as Ghost.

This won't effect my choice of Age of Rebellion as the other RPG in my collection. Just help me to make plans as I build up collections.

Feel free to tell me how much stuff the Rebels do get. It'll be a few weeks before I can buy AoR Core Rules.

Thank you Blackbird888!

Excellent that the HWK-290 is in F&D! Might make that my covert Rebel ship for entering the Outer Rim.

For what it's worth, the HWK-290 is also in "Far Horizons," the Colonist sourcebook, but if you're already getting Force and Destiny that's not as big a deal.

The Ghost is a VCX-100 light freighter, which thus far has not been statted out officially in any of the books. but I think it's Episode 46 of the Order 66 Podcast where they spitball together some home-brew stats.

The HWK-290. All current vehicles can be found on that website, as well.

The VCX-100 isn't officially stated out, but you can find fan-made stats in the Spark of Rebellion unofficial sourcebook. For some reason the URL tag isn't working for this link, so here it is: http://rebels.d20radio.com

Also, for what it's worth, all three core books have Force powers and Force-sensitive specializations, not just F&D.

-EF

Edited by EldritchFire

Thanks EldritchFire!

I really wanted Force and Destiny. Really like the idea of morality mechanic too. Otherwise I'd of stuck to EotE and AoR. I did read that there's a "Jedi in hiding" Force Sensitive character, which would do fine, but in the end I wanted Force and Destiny so got that.

As to Age of Rebellion. Having recently got the X-Wing starter set I looked at the X-Wing miniature and got all nostalgic over the Original Trilogy. I like the prequels, even with their faults, but Star Wars was at it's best with the original trilogy. Best part of the prequels was R2-D2 kicking butt; that's one cool droid!

Even with the sequel trilogy, I want to be gaming in the Rebellion Era. I'm actually thinking of being a Mon Calamari, as Admiral Ackbar was one of my favourite alien characters, the other being Chewbacca.

The Scum and Villainy ships in X-Wing and their Adversary Deck will suffice for the pirate element.

and trying to use armada and x-wing for anything more than models will be an exercise in frustration. The mechanics don't translate. At all really. Many have tried. It never works well. You are better off just using those games for the miniatures and nothing else really.