Green Squad Leader

"Green Arrow" list

So while juke is a very good EPT for a wings that can have two EPT's I would have to say bad no it is resoundingly not as beneficial as having the focus would be for your offense. When you think about it juke only really has value if the ship that you're targeting doesn't have a focus token to spend on defense. If they have one then juke isn't really worth anything. Having the focus not only adds additional insurance for Gemmer's defense but you can also use it to increase the number of hits that you roll when attacking which will far more reliably provide you a greater benefit. So unfortunately I would argue that push the limit use a absolute necessity on Gemmer Sojan.

As far as it being worth replacing a green squadron pilot with Gemmer that entirely depends on the type of squad that you were making. If you were trying to do the wing man build I don't think it would be a good idea as it decreases the value of that built and it's effective ability to do it's thing. But in any other a wing squad I would definitely recommend that you try taking him. Gemmer is the only cost-effective named A wing pilot that you can easily fit into most squats without having to give up the ship and his ability is great and pretty simple to use. If you take him with auto thrusters he is 25 points with push the limits as well so again he's very easy to slot into most lists.

Honestly if you were looking to include a a wing as a blocker for a rebel squadron camera is not a bad choice to perform that role. Yes he cost more than a prototype pilot and has a higher pilot skill but his ability is very very very useful and will help them stay alive into the late game and he's greater squad cost will encourage your opponent to waste more shots trying to kill him so it's a method you could try.

When using Juke you do not have to spend the evade to get the offensive capabilities.  When you have a focus on offence, that means you do not get the benefit for any attacks PS 5 or below.  So if you run this Gemmer, evading should be the only option.

If you have PTL then you have the option to Focus and Evade every turn, which could be better. This build has more flexibility which a-wing players love.

In general, the PTL and Autothrusters would fit into any a-wing build. However, I am running the Juking Gemmer to try to burn off focus tokens so I can make life easier on the Opportunist/Crack Shot-GSP's that were posted a while back.  I think that both Gemmer's have their place.  Depends on which one works with each build.

When using Juke you do not have to spend the evade to get the offensive capabilities.  When you have a focus on offence, that means you do not get the benefit for any attacks PS 5 or below.  So if you run this Gemmer, evading should be the only option.

If you have PTL then you have the option to Focus and Evade every turn, which could be better. This build has more flexibility which a-wing players love.

In general, the PTL and Autothrusters would fit into any a-wing build. However, I am running the Juking Gemmer to try to burn off focus tokens so I can make life easier on the Opportunist/Crack Shot-GSP's that were posted a while back.  I think that both Gemmer's have their place.  Depends on which one works with each build.

Well the challenge is that if you roll any focus results on a juked Gemmer then your opponent probably won't care much about juke as you aren't rolling enough attack dice. I fully believe in the powe of two attack dice, but without focus or target lock to boost your damage output you'll be routinely ignored I'm afraid. The bonus of focus to your shots is that you get more hits, which is better then the bonus damage from juke. Plus when playing vs high PS ships who shoot you first you will often need to spend Gemmer's evade before he gets to shoot, rendering juke useless in that case. With PTL you have two tokens to work with, hence its usual superiority.

If the goal is to try and strip focuses from the enemy for defense then I'd recommend that you either take a GSP with PTL and Juke or Jake with PTL and Juke. The GSP can always be fired first to strip the focus, though actually it would be better to fire it second as crackshot is likely to force a token to be spent. Jake likewise just combos with it better.

I have a list to be judged by you A-Wings experts!

Green Squadron Pilot (19)
Outmaneuver (3)
Chardaan Refit (-2)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Outmaneuver (3)
Chardaan Refit (-2)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Outmaneuver (3)
Chardaan Refit (-2)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Outmaneuver (3)
Chardaan Refit (-2)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Total: 100

I was thinking about swapping out PTL for Predator to make A-Wings really good on the offensive or instead swapping it for Daredevil to make the already maneuvrable A-Wing in a crazy arc dodger. What do you think?

4x

Outmaneuver (3)
Chardaan Refit (-2)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

I was thinking about swapping out PTL for Predator to make A-Wings really good on the offensive or instead swapping it for Daredevil to make the already maneuvrable A-Wing in a crazy arc dodger. What do you think?

That's exactly the same list I've flown against my buddy just before watching TFA last week :D

Unfortunately, I lost due to time being called (couldn't miss the movie) after I killed his Firespray (40ish pts) and he 2x of my A-Wings (50 pts), although I have to admit I did not offer my best performance.

The Outmaneuver-ing worked well, but was difficult to apply against the Firespray's secondary arc. I am confident that I would have been able to beat the remaining Punisher and Lambda Shuttle into pulp, given unrestricted time. Alas, it was not so.

This list flies like one would expect:

- I found the approach the most difficult, once the furball begins however you can play to the A-Wings strengths: Speed and tight turns.

- Don't let your A-Wings lock their jaws with the first enemy they catch from behind, instead be opportunistic in which enemy you send them after to outmaneuver. This way you can engage/disengage and threaten a target from multiple approaches - pack hunting is the order of the day.

- Speaking of pack hunting, try to skirt the outside circle of the furball, don't get caught on the inside. Ideally, imagine a group of life rafts in the Pacific Ocean being circled by sharks who individually boost into the group and snap at their prey. PS3 sharks to be precise.

- I like turtles! And so should you: If in danger and you can't get out of arc, Focus & Evade. You will most likely be able to weather 1-2 attacks by this. R3 and AT are your friends as well and you will not care about that single PTL stress much.

For extra synergy, remember that turtles are also green.

- Target Lock when it is opportune to do so, for example when breaking off. The target of your TL action does not have to be the ship you really intend to attack next. If you are being opportunistic enough, that ship will return into your gun sights eventually and that's when you hit it with TL & Focus, preferably while Outmaneuver-ing them.

I really found that time is this lists major weakness, constantly having to engage and disengage paired with the underpowered armament of 2 Red Dice means you need time and patience to wear chunky targets down.

4x

Outmaneuver (3)
Chardaan Refit (-2)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

That's exactly the same list I've flown against my buddy just before watching TFA last week :D

Unfortunately, I lost due to time being called (couldn't miss the movie) after I killed his Firespray (40ish pts) and he 2x of my A-Wings (50 pts), although I have to admit I did not offer my best performance.

The Outmaneuver-ing worked well, but was difficult to apply against the Firespray's secondary arc. I am confident that I would have been able to beat the remaining Punisher and Lambda Shuttle into pulp, given unrestricted time. Alas, it was not so.

This list flies like one would expect:

- I found the approach the most difficult, once the furball begins however you can play to the A-Wings strengths: Speed and tight turns.

- Don't let your A-Wings lock their jaws with the first enemy they catch from behind, instead be opportunistic in which enemy you send them after to outmaneuver. This way you can engage/disengage and threaten a target from multiple approaches - pack hunting is the order of the day.

- Speaking of pack hunting, try to skirt the outside circle of the furball, don't get caught on the inside. Ideally, imagine a group of life rafts in the Pacific Ocean being circled by sharks who individually boost into the group and snap at their prey. PS3 sharks to be precise.

- I like turtles! And so should you: If in danger and you can't get out of arc, Focus & Evade. You will most likely be able to weather 1-2 attacks by this. R3 and AT are your friends as well and you will not care about that single PTL stress much.

For extra synergy, remember that turtles are also green.

- Target Lock when it is opportune to do so, for example when breaking off. The target of your TL action does not have to be the ship you really intend to attack next. If you are being opportunistic enough, that ship will return into your gun sights eventually and that's when you hit it with TL & Focus, preferably while Outmaneuver-ing them.

I really found that time is this lists major weakness, constantly having to engage and disengage paired with the underpowered armament of 2 Red Dice means you need time and patience to wear chunky targets down.

Thank you for the helpful advice! However what are your thoughts about swapping out PTL for either Daredevil (for insane maneuvrability) or Predator (for more consistent damage) ?

Thank you for the helpful advice! However what are your thoughts about swapping out PTL for either Daredevil (for insane maneuvrability) or Predator (for more consistent damage) ?

I personally would not for the life of me replace PTL on an Interceptor (As or TIEs) with anything...you can basically ignore a single stress with that green green dial.

While I am sure there is a more "scientific" answer to Predator on 2 Red Dice, I personally wouldn't take it, even if it frees your Focus up to be used purely defensively.

Of course Oumaneuver is situational, but shutting down 1 Green Die of the enemy feels much more consistent to me, specially since it can mean the difference between hitting and missing entirely when faced with 3+ Green Dice initially.

I love DD on Tycho, it's just insane! But I wouldn't take it on any other A-Wing pilot; double stress from PTL & DD shuts you down for the following round.

Now, the combination of DD & Predator, mhm....would still leave you without Focus for defence - and you know how Green Dice can be - so I am not convinced.

Don't get me wrong, they sound super fun though! Maybe just give them a try ;)

I would like to explore thoughts on target selction when flying a-wings. The Vader, Carnor Jax, and Palp-mobile is a strong list right now for Imperials right now. How do you approach this list? I would think that Carnor would be the first target generally. But is there a case for Focusing down the Lamda?

OK,

I am trying to get better with this orginal list. (4 Greens with refit, pilot, Push, wingman, and hull upgrade) 

I flew against 4 First order ties and backstabber, and boy did I torched. I feel like the swoop reverse turn thing ( Name escapes me) just completly dorks up with I am trying to do. I don't want to get into head to head passes, but whenever I got a good position he would perform this manuever and trade dice with me. What can do about this? 

- Netace

So for my first twitchcast I'm thining of running this list. My 1 thought is doing Juke over wingman. Has anyone tried that variant?

So I've been asked by a number of people about juke, and honestly I've found that it does not work too well for A-wings. While it does let you push damage through on an enemy who has spent their focus you need your evade, which means that you need to not have been shot at and spent your evade already. At PS 3 that isn't reliable.

The other problem with juke is that it restricts your choices in two ways. First it makes you want to always use evade, which isn't always appropriate. Do you boost for better position or do you evade to try and push damage through? If the goal is to boost damage output with an action Target Lock is more reliable for this. There is merit is mass Juke attacks as if you can force a focus to be spent on the early attacks then the later ones are more likely to get through, but it can be hard to keep all your ships pointed at the same targets.

The second way it limits you is just that when you compare it to wingman you loose the freedom of maneuver wingman grants. The flip side of that is that you can fly the A-wings farther apart, which can be good and bad. Honestly I think juke is a better choice if you are fitting 2 GSPs into a list, as wingman requires a certain quantity to really be worth it. Two GSPs as blockers with juke can get in your opponent's head as they'd be shooting after your other ships most likely causing them to save their focuses for defense more often.

Oh and Kelvan where do I find the twitch feed for you guys?

Outmaneuver (3)

Chardaan Refit (-2)

Push the Limit (3)

Autothrusters (2)

A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Outmaneuver (3)

Chardaan Refit (-2)

Push the Limit (3)

Autothrusters (2)

A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Outmaneuver (3)

Chardaan Refit (-2)

Push the Limit (3)

Autothrusters (2)

A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Outmaneuver (3)

Chardaan Refit (-2)

Push the Limit (3)

Autothrusters (2)

A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Outmanuever and PTL is a powerful combo for A-wings, my recommendation for how to fly it is to spread out your deployment across your whole table edge. That way it's easier to get behind the enemy. This actually was the combo I was using the most before I figured out the wingman combo.

I love Daredevil on Tycho and I tried this exact list (Outmanuever + Daredevil) a bit back in the spring. It doesn't work, I tried but it just doesn't work. A-wings crumple without actions and the added benefit from daredevil just isn't enough to make up for it, while you can turn a little faster than you can with a regular boost its not much of a difference. A long while ago Major Juggler did a really good review of Daredevil, it's one of the EPTs that almost works but really doesn't. It has the downside of the extra stress and is restricted to ships with boost, but it costs 3 points for what is actually a very modest benefit. I honestly feel that it should cost 1 or 2 points and not give the stress.

Predator is a terrible idea for A-wings. While it does give you an effective target lock for all your attacks you are rolling 2 dice most of the time. That's not enough to really take advantage for the high point cost. All it's really doing for you is allowing you to forgoe Target Lock as an action you ever have to take. Given your action efficiency I feel thats a waste, I just use target locks. It's my opinion, feel free to give it a try maybe it will fit your play style better than it does mine.

OK,

I am trying to get better with this orginal list. (4 Greens with refit, pilot, Push, wingman, and hull upgrade)

I flew against 4 First order ties and backstabber, and boy did I torched. I feel like the swoop reverse turn thing ( Name escapes me) just completly dorks up with I am trying to do. I don't want to get into head to head passes, but whenever I got a good position he would perform this manuever and trade dice with me. What can do about this?

- Netace

Netace the Tie/FO is a TOUGH ship to outfly with the A-wing. Honestly it's the imperial equivalent of the A-wing. I've only had one game against a competent FO player and my recommendation to you is that you have 1 friend vs it: SPEED. The Tie/FO will out turn and out position you in a dogfight every time. But if you 5 straight and boost you'll leave it in your rear view mirror fast. Try taking lots of 3 speed turns plus boosts, it will out turn you at low speeds but at high speeds you can out turn it. Try and set S-loop traps for it, setting your opponent up to s-loop to target one of your ships. If they do and are stressed you pounce on the stressed tie.

That's my theory at least. Like I said I need to get more games in against it to develope good SOPs for countering them, I'll keep you guys posted once I have some.

Edited by Green Squad Leader

So for my first twitchcast I'm thining of running this list. My 1 thought is doing Juke over wingman. Has anyone tried that variant?

So I've been asked by a number of people about juke, and honestly I've found that it does not work too well for A-wings. While it does let you push damage through on an enemy who has spent their focus you need your evade, which means that you need to not have been shot at and spent your evade already. At PS 3 that isn't reliable.

The other problem with juke is that it restricts your choices in two ways. First it makes you want to always use evade, which isn't always appropriate. Do you boost for better position or do you evade to try and push damage through? If the goal is to boost damage output with an action Target Lock is more reliable for this. There is merit is mass Juke attacks as if you can force a focus to be spent on the early attacks then the later ones are more likely to get through, but it can be hard to keep all your ships pointed at the same targets.

The second way it limits you is just that when you compare it to wingman you loose the freedom of maneuver wingman grants. The flip side of that is that you can fly the A-wings farther apart, which can be good and bad. Honestly I think juke is a better choice if you are fitting 2 GSPs into a list, as wingman requires a certain quantity to really be worth it. Two GSPs as blockers with juke can get in your opponent's head as they'd be shooting after your other ships most likely causing them to save their focuses for defense more often.

Oh and Kelvan where do I find the twitch feed for you guys?

Outmaneuver (3)

Chardaan Refit (-2)

Push the Limit (3)

Autothrusters (2)

A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Outmaneuver (3)

Chardaan Refit (-2)

Push the Limit (3)

Autothrusters (2)

A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Outmaneuver (3)

Chardaan Refit (-2)

Push the Limit (3)

Autothrusters (2)

A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Outmaneuver (3)

Chardaan Refit (-2)

Push the Limit (3)

Autothrusters (2)

A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Outmanuever and PTL is a powerful combo for A-wings, my recommendation for how to fly it is to spread out your deployment across your whole table edge. That way it's easier to get behind the enemy. This actually was the combo I was using the most before I figured out the wingman combo.

I love Daredevil on Tycho and I tried this exact list (Outmanuever + Daredevil) a bit back in the spring. It doesn't work, I tried but it just doesn't work. A-wings crumple without actions and the added benefit from daredevil just isn't enough to make up for it, while you can turn a little faster than you can with a regular boost its not much of a difference. A long while ago Major Juggler did a really good review of Daredevil, it's one of the EPTs that almost works but really doesn't. It has the downside of the extra stress and is restricted to ships with boost, but it costs 3 points for what is actually a very modest benefit. I honestly feel that it should cost 1 or 2 points and not give the stress.

Predator is a terrible idea for A-wings. While it does give you an effective target lock for all your attacks you are rolling 2 dice most of the time. That's not enough to really take advantage for the high point cost. All it's really doing for you is allowing you to forgoe Target Lock as an action you ever have to take. Given your action efficiency I feel thats a waste, I just use target locks. It's my opinion, feel free to give it a try maybe it will fit your play style better than it does mine.

OK,

- Netace

Netace the Tie/FO is a TOUGH ship to outfly with the A-wing. Honestly it's the imperial equivalent of the A-wing. I've only had one game against a competent FO player and my recommendation to you is that you have 1 friend vs it: SPEED. The Tie/FO will out turn and out position you in a dogfight every time. But if you 5 straight and boost you'll leave it in your rear view mirror fast. Try taking lots of 3 speed turns plus boosts, it will out turn you at low speeds but at high speeds you can out turn it. Try and set S-loop traps for it, setting your opponent up to s-loop to target one of your ships. If they do and are stressed you pounce on the stressed tie.

That's my theory at least. Like I said I need to get more games in against it to develope good SOPs for countering them, I'll keep you guys posted once I have some.

I think its twitch.tv/scumandvillainypodcast but I'm not entirely sure...

I ran Juke this past weekend vs 3 prototypes and miranda with 3PO, Conner, and Prox Mines. Juke played well in that it either peeled focus when it wouldn't have been spent or punished boosts. Also its a direct counter ot 3PO. I will say that many times I wished I had the full maneuver dial available but I was able to pull a 100-0 victory. I'll be using wingman next and trying both out often. The list was everything I thought it'd be as well. Versatile is the best word I would use for it.

what about a crackshot A-Wing squad?

Tycho Celchu (26)
Push the Limit (3)
Chardaan Refit (-2)
Crack Shot (1)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Chardaan Refit (-2)
Crack Shot (1)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Chardaan Refit (-2)
Crack Shot (1)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Chardaan Refit (-2)
Crack Shot (1)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Chardaan Refit (-2)
Crack Shot (1)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Wow this thread has really grown since I have last seen it!

The Thread lives on!

Hi A-Wing Guys, First Post in this Forum. Yeeha. First I have to say that I really Like this threat. I learned much about A-wing handling here. So i could get some good results with all A-Wing lists in our casual x-wing gaming group. Now i am thinking about a little bit different playstyle with my A-wings.Here‘s my list: Green Squadron Pilot (19)Crack Shot (1)Chardaan Refit (-2)Opportunist (4)Hull Upgrade (3)A-Wing Test Pilot (0)Green Squadron Pilot (19)Crack Shot (1)Chardaan Refit (-2)Opportunist (4)Hull Upgrade (3)A-Wing Test Pilot (0)Green Squadron Pilot (19)Crack Shot (1)Chardaan Refit (-2)Opportunist (4)Hull Upgrade (3)A-Wing Test Pilot (0)Green Squadron Pilot (19)Crack Shot (1)Chardaan Refit (-2)Opportunist (4)Hull Upgrade (3)A-Wing Test Pilot (0)Total: 100View in Yet Another Squad Builder The idea is to surprise my opponent with much more firepower than he will expect. The opportunist works great for that. Most of the time you fire shots with 3 red dice and a Focus or even more if you get into range 1. The stress you generate is not a big problem for A-wings.The last 2 games i throw these little green directly into the Face of the foe. It works well. I didn‘t loss an A-wing in the first clash in both cases because the opponent was scared to use his own focus for his attacks in expectation of the couterattacks. In the first game i had to fight against 2 IG88 with heavy Lasercannons, FCS ... double shot and so on. I managed to block 1 of them in the first strafe and pumped 3 shots at range with 4 red dice focus and crack shot into his shields and hull. Worked great. I left him with only 3 hull and a krit. Next round i could block the other guy ang gave him some shots in short distance. Then i get some dirty Shots and lost one green. In the follwing rounds i managed to finish the first IG88 and my opponent surrenderd. Two of my A-wings were totally fit and 1 has 1 Hull left. Next Game was against Miranda with TLT and C3PO and Dash with Outrider, Mangler cannon, Engine upgrade , PTL and Kyle Katarn.I approached directly to Miranda and ignored Dash in the first rounds. It is really easy to Block a K-wing with 4 A-wings :). I only needed 3 Rounds to fight Miranda down whith mostly opportunist shots and had all my Crackshots left. Dash oly managed to steel me 3 or 4 shields on different A-wings. Then the hunt began. I lost two of my ships in the following dogfight but i managed to shoot him down. Dash always had to decide to use his focus or let me shot with opportunist. Im looking forward to some more Fights. What do you think about this List? Did you ever used Opportunist on your A-wings? Cheers

This is the most creative A-wing list I've heard of for a long time, I like it. It's quite offensive, and while it does trade away a lot of defense you could argue that most opponents will focus fire on a single A-wing each round, so the 3 Agility isn't used its wasted for that turn. The main downside to this list is that it doesn't have as much staying power as some of the other alternatives but with the hull upgrade it still has a lot of Hit points for an opponent to chew through.

Essentially you're traded staying power for hitting power, so I expect that an ace heavy list flown by a skilled pilot will take this out, but it's great vs a lot of things especially two ship lists. I'll give it a try sometime!

I bet if you switched wired out for crack shot you would get better performance from this list.   At least you would if you can get rid of enemy focus'.  

How do you guys feel about hull upgrade vs. Autothrusters? Assuming points are of no issue.

How prevalent are Turrets in your area? In a a vacuum I think Hull is better but it's also more expensive. 

Just ran the prime arrow squad vs trip Tie Interceptor. Went down to green vs Turr at each 1 hp. I likely would have won on time.

If it hadn't been for Carnor Jax, that game would have been a lot shorter!  He totally disrupts the Green Arrow list!

How do you guys feel about hull upgrade vs. Autothrusters? Assuming points are of no issue.

How prevalent are Turrets in your area? In a a vacuum I think Hull is better but it's also more expensive.

There is at least one non-BTL-A4 TLT ship in probably half of the lists I face. There are also a handful of fat Turretwing players still going at it.

Even vs. non-turrets AT is useful if you're at range 3.

Wow this thread has really grown since I have last seen it!

The Thread lives on!

Hi A-Wing Guys, First Post in this Forum. Yeeha. First I have to say that I really Like this threat. I learned much about A-wing handling here. So i could get some good results with all A-Wing lists in our casual x-wing gaming group. Now i am thinking about a little bit different playstyle with my A-wings.Here‘s my list: Green Squadron Pilot (19)Crack Shot (1)Chardaan Refit (-2)Opportunist (4)Hull Upgrade (3)A-Wing Test Pilot (0)Green Squadron Pilot (19)Crack Shot (1)Chardaan Refit (-2)Opportunist (4)Hull Upgrade (3)A-Wing Test Pilot (0)Green Squadron Pilot (19)Crack Shot (1)Chardaan Refit (-2)Opportunist (4)Hull Upgrade (3)A-Wing Test Pilot (0)Green Squadron Pilot (19)Crack Shot (1)Chardaan Refit (-2)Opportunist (4)Hull Upgrade (3)A-Wing Test Pilot (0)Total: 100View in Yet Another Squad Builder The idea is to surprise my opponent with much more firepower than he will expect. The opportunist works great for that. Most of the time you fire shots with 3 red dice and a Focus or even more if you get into range 1. The stress you generate is not a big problem for A-wings.The last 2 games i throw these little green directly into the Face of the foe. It works well. I didn‘t loss an A-wing in the first clash in both cases because the opponent was scared to use his own focus for his attacks in expectation of the couterattacks. In the first game i had to fight against 2 IG88 with heavy Lasercannons, FCS ... double shot and so on. I managed to block 1 of them in the first strafe and pumped 3 shots at range with 4 red dice focus and crack shot into his shields and hull. Worked great. I left him with only 3 hull and a krit. Next round i could block the other guy ang gave him some shots in short distance. Then i get some dirty Shots and lost one green. In the follwing rounds i managed to finish the first IG88 and my opponent surrenderd. Two of my A-wings were totally fit and 1 has 1 Hull left. Next Game was against Miranda with TLT and C3PO and Dash with Outrider, Mangler cannon, Engine upgrade , PTL and Kyle Katarn.I approached directly to Miranda and ignored Dash in the first rounds. It is really easy to Block a K-wing with 4 A-wings :). I only needed 3 Rounds to fight Miranda down whith mostly opportunist shots and had all my Crackshots left. Dash oly managed to steel me 3 or 4 shields on different A-wings. Then the hunt began. I lost two of my ships in the following dogfight but i managed to shoot him down. Dash always had to decide to use his focus or let me shot with opportunist. Im looking forward to some more Fights. What do you think about this List? Did you ever used Opportunist on your A-wings? Cheers

This is the most creative A-wing list I've heard of for a long time, I like it. It's quite offensive, and while it does trade away a lot of defense you could argue that most opponents will focus fire on a single A-wing each round, so the 3 Agility isn't used its wasted for that turn. The main downside to this list is that it doesn't have as much staying power as some of the other alternatives but with the hull upgrade it still has a lot of Hit points for an opponent to chew through.

Essentially you're traded staying power for hitting power, so I expect that an ace heavy list flown by a skilled pilot will take this out, but it's great vs a lot of things especially two ship lists. I'll give it a try sometime!

I bet if you switched wired out for crack shot you would get better performance from this list.   At least you would if you can get rid of enemy focus'.  

I already tried to fly with wired, but is wasn't as good for me as the crack shot variant. With crackshot i often manage to get 1 strong enemy ship out of the game in the first shooting phase (Vader for example). That often helps a lot in the further match. To get rid of the focus can really be a problem, but the PS3 of the greens helps a lot. The guys in my "x-wing group" don't even use their focus on the high PS pilots any longer when i play my greens (bad with wired) but that's completely ok for me because so they can‘t use it too.

The List is of course far away from perfect but it's a lot of fun to play A-wings with punch ,and opponents who never played against it are often surprised by the firepower of these small Ships.

I think Juke gets better when stacked with PtL and Autothrusters. Now you have this super defensive ship with what is in effect perpetual Crackshot. And if you had to spend the Evade token? Fine, that means that you lived another turn and your other 2-3 Juke A-Wings have free reign.

Predator on an A-Wing? Meh. You need something that can punch through Acewing bull. Giving yourself a greater chance to get 2/2 hits isn't enough, you need to use Crackshot or Juke or Outmaneuver. Something that brings your opponent's busted Acewing dice down to your level so that when you do get that 2/2 hit roll you have a chance of hitting.

Holy **** this is scary

5x protos (17)

-prockets (3)

-guidance chimps (0)

100 pts

I tried that list once (sans chimps of course) during the pre-nerf phantom days. I ended up getting to fire off one ******* Procket and I don't remember it doing anything. I was probably salty the entire game about how game breaking the Phantom was at the time.

Likewise it should autolose to a Super Dash squad. But face your typical Acewing Poe + Miranda + Y-Wing build and you should have a decent chance. Like quad Phantom it's something that looks very scary but probably ends up just being 'okay I guess'.

Try it.

I don't think it will autolose to Dash. If corran doesn't have PtL he can be fairly easy to track down, and if Dash has Kyle Katarn then you can block him pretty easily, too. I think you would be better off with this though

Green squad (19)

Push the Limit (3)

Proton Rockets (3)

Guidance chips (0)

(25) X4

Even just adding one to a list would be solid, that way you don't back yourself into a corner by design. As part of a 3-5 ship lost this guy would hold his weight.

I love A-wings I can't way to try your Green Arrow build. Thank you for putting the A-wings back on the to be feared list of ships.

Though I'm very fond of Tycho Celchu... he doesn't quite make a 25pts. I've been using him with PTL, Daredevil, Autothrusters and Test Pilot. He spins space doughnuts and can just abought get on anyone six in range 1... sometimes giving him Proton Rockets to pack a little more punch in his attack.

If you guys make an A-wing club, count me in... I'm probably not good enough yet... just make me the mascot.

Edited by Dej2