Green Squadron Pilot (19)
Snap Shot (2)
Chardaan Refit (-2)
Opportunist (4)
Autothrusters (2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Total: 100

Green Squad Leader,

I have a question for you:  Wingman activates in the combat phase, so basically we're getting action combos every other turn, if and when we're at range one.

So basically you strategy is, zoom in for range one attack (with actions), zoom away (hoping to not get oneshotted) and then come back with full actions every other turn?

The bad thing is that the turn in-between could be disastrous, what with all the 360 turrets and tlt's in play now.

Regards from Chile!

Roberto (Awing pilot)

Green Squad Leader,

I have a question for you:  Wingman activates in the combat phase, so basically we're getting action combos every other turn, if and when we're at range one.

So basically you strategy is, zoom in for range one attack (with actions), zoom away (hoping to not get oneshotted) and then come back with full actions every other turn?

The bad thing is that the turn in-between could be disastrous, what with all the 360 turrets and tlt's in play now.

Regards from Chile!

Roberto (Awing pilot)

Hi Roberto- I assume you're asking about the Green Squad Leader's original "green arrow" build. The idea behind the use of wingman, is if you can keep your formation you will be removing the PTL stress every turn form each A wing, thus allowing you to PTL every turn. As you read thru this amazing treasure trove topic of all things A wing, you will come across all sorts of valid setups to deal with all kinds of situations, including turrets. Happy reading!

Any news on using Vectored Thursters on an A-wing instead of AutoThrusters?

Not tried them yet. I think they may be useful on someone like Tycho with his higher PS, although expert handling is arguably better as can also drop a TL which is quite useful with Vessery about, although it does take a useful elite slot. For the GSP's i'm not sure that their PS is high enough to make the repositioning worth it.

As an aside what sort of a-wing builds are people going for to take down these darned palp defenders

I'll be honest, I'm very very excited for the U-Wing and what it means for my PtL/Juke GSPs. Specifically, El Heffe at identical PS with a Hot Cop riding shotgun. Burn off focus tokens with the Heffer, then nip them to death with the GSPs. Unfortunately I have to give up the Autothrusters to fit it all in.

UA-Wing (100)

Heff Tobber (34) - U-Wing

Reinforced Deflectors (3)

Hotshot Co-pilot (4)

"Zeb" Orrelios (1)

Pivot Wing (0)

Ion Projector (2)

Green Squadron Pilot (22) - A-Wing

Push The Limit (3)

Chardaan Refit (-2)

A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Juke (2)

Push The Limit (3)

Chardaan Refit (-2)

A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Juke (2)

Push The Limit (3)

Chardaan Refit (-2)

A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Juke (2)

Edited by Phelan Boots

How do we think this would work?

GSP (19) x 4

Expertise (4)

Juke (2)

Refit (-2)

Title (0)

Autothrusters (2)

I think will get ate up with only an evade token to protect it.

That is what i've been thinking, I first read it as working on defence and attack which would be amazing.

I'll be honest, I'm very very excited for the U-Wing and what it means for my PtL/Juke GSPs. Specifically, El Heffe at identical PS with a Hot Cop riding shotgun. Burn off focus tokens with the Heffer, then nip them to death with the GSPs. Unfortunately I have to give up the Autothrusters to fit it all in.

UA-Wing (100)

Heff Tobber (34) - U-Wing

Reinforced Deflectors (3)

Hotshot Co-pilot (4)

"Zeb" Orrelios (1)

Pivot Wing (0)

Ion Projector (2)

Push The Limit (3)

Chardaan Refit (-2)

A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Juke (2)

Push The Limit (3)

Chardaan Refit (-2)

A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Juke (2)

Push The Limit (3)

Chardaan Refit (-2)

A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Juke (2)

This is the same GSP build that i've been using and I love it although it's really hard work at times and need to remember to disengage and not get caught in dog fights. How has it been working for you?

I've been considering using Wes with the 3 22 point A-wings as above - probably with VI, R3-A2 and IA. Strip the focus and then let the Juking A's loose.

My other option is based on a bit of a classic Corran build:

Corran

PTL

R2-D2

FCS

EU

2 x GSP

Juke

PTL

Title

Refit

AT

Corran hopefully strips focus tokens so GSP's can do some damage. If not then they can strip the focus tokens ready for the Corran double tap. 

It's easily my favorite GSP build. Wes' ability is awesome, unfortunately he's super squishy and without something more important for the enemy to shoot at. That's why I'm excited about the Terrorist Space Camel.

Yeah, that's the main reason I haven't used that list yet. Tried all 4 with Snap shot instead of juke but wasn't overly convinced