Sign in to follow this  
USCGrad90

Crew Cards

What Crew members would you like to see and what should their abilities add?

Here is mine:

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Once per round, when an enemy ship targets you, you may roll one additional defense die versus that ship's attack and gain a target lock on that ship.

32ba2ea5f0d1453b5430e8715e88aafb.png

Captain Piett

Crew. Imperial Only. 4 points.

At the beginning of the Combat Phase, you may discard this card and one other Crew upgrade card from a friendly ship at Range 1-3. If you do, assign an Evade token to each friendly ship at Range 1-3 and activate the Admiral Piett Crew upgrade on this ship.

[this references him replacing an officer who makes a mistake, and immediately issuing defensive orders to the fleet]

Admiral Piett

Crew. Imperial Only. - points.

This card begins play face-down. While this card is active, when this ship performs an attack against a target in its front firing arc, immediately roll one attack die. On a Focus result, assign this ship a Focus token. On a Hit result, this ship aquires a Target Lock on the defender. On a Critical result, assign this ship a Focus token and acquire a Target Lock on the defender.

[this represents his iconic scene in RotJ: "intensify forward firepower" and all that]

Mouse Droid

Crew. Large and Huge Ships Only. Imperial Only. 2 points. Limited.

When this ship suffers a critical hit, you may roll a defensive die. On an Evade or Focus result, immediately flip the card face down without resolving the effect.

[this gives the Empire a pseudo-R2-D2 to boost by a small margin the survivability of their large and huge hull-heavy ships]

Bobba Fett 5 points. Imperial and Scum only. At the start of the game, discart Fett to target and a enemy crew and discard him/her.

And then your opponent flies no crew and you wasted 5 points.  :D

This is how much I hate C3PO. So I would probably use it. Hell, most of current annoying squads have a good target. If it would cost 3 points wouldn't it be too strong?

Grand Admiral Thrawn:

4 points

At the start of the Combat phase, you may discard this card to treat any friendly ships' pilot skill as "8" until the end of the phase.

Basically bumps your mooks up to Luke/Howlrunner level, but not quite enough to top folks like Vader, Wedge, or Han. Can potentially give you a very strong alpha strike.

Obi-Wan Pilot: Level 7, Cost 27.  Unique skill: Deception: If the pilot skill of the attacker is less that Obi-

Wans the attacker adds 1 to the range.

Obi-Wan Crew: 1 crew box 6 points  Deception: The attacker adds 1 to the range when attacking a ship with Obi-wan equipped.

Yoda Crew: 1 crew box, cost 6 points May remove 1 damage card of any type from any friendly ship at range 1.

Obi-Wan Crew: "Not the Ship You're Looking For" When an enemy selects you as a target, you may spend a focus to force the enemy to attack another friendly ship within range.

Yoda Crew: "Do, or Do Not; there is no Try". When attacking or defending, discard this card to cancel all dice rolled and set them to all [hits] or all [evades].

Obi-Wan Crew: "Not the Ship You're Looking For" When an enemy selects you as a target, you may spend a focus to force the enemy to attack another friendly ship within range.

Yoda Crew: "Do, or Do Not; there is no Try". When attacking or defending, discard this card to cancel all dice rolled and set them to all [hits] or all [evades].

I think both of those abilities are fabulous, actually.   

Bobba Fett 5 points. Imperial and Scum only. At the start of the game, discart Fett to target and a enemy crew and discard him/her.

And then your opponent flies no crew and you wasted 5 points. :D

This is how much I hate C3PO. So I would probably use it. Hell, most of current annoying squads have a good target. If it would cost 3 points wouldn't it be too strong?

Any card that has no effect if your opponent does something specific in list building is bad design.

This is why Predator and Autothrusters are great, and any most munitions are mediocre at best.

And then your opponent flies no crew and you wasted 5 points. :D

Any card that has no effect if your opponent does something specific in list building is bad design.

This is why Predator and Autothrusters are great, and any most munitions are mediocre at best.

It's why I rarely use Veteran Instincts much anymore, to be honest.  Too many times buffing my pilot skills up only to see my opponent with all lower PS pilots anyway.

From Dark Forces 2:

Jerec - At the start of the activation phase you may pick one other friendly ship and one enemy ship. Immediately reveal the maneuver dial for each selected ship.

From the X-wing novels:

Iella Wessiri

Kirtan Loor

M-3PO or "Emtrey" - Reduce the cost of equipped modification upgrades card by 1 to a minimum of 0 on each friendly ship.

I like the idea of "Emtrey" getting bulk discounts on upgrade cards.

In general:

Bothan spy - You may discard this card to...

Or even

Bothan spy - Imperial only - You may discard this card to place a fully operational battle station in your deployment zone.

There are some 4 and 5 point crews. Would be bitter if they have to be discarded due to a cheap 3pts Boba.

Another point, you have to clarify what happens with 2-crew-slot crews like Palpatine, could Boba kill them?

There are some 4 and 5 point crews. Would be bitter if they have to be discarded due to a cheap 3pts Boba.

Another point, you have to clarify what happens with 2-crew-slot crews like Palpatine, could Boba kill them?

Yes... You are risking to have hum idle on your ship sometimes, but imagine getting getting rid or kidnaping C3PO... That piece of junk.

Royal Guard:

Imperial only, Small or Large Ship only

At the beginning of the Combat phase you may assign yourself a Stress Token to increase your Attack or Defence by 1, all damage cards you recieve are turned faceup for this combat phase.

(Crew) Cost: 4

Lt Blount. 4 points.

If you perform an attack that does not hit you may either deal the defender 1 face up damage card or make the defender turn 1 equipped modification card face-down. Then discard this card.

Airen Cracken. 7 points

After performing an action you may perform an attack. you may not perform any other attacks this round.

*Grand Admiral Thrawn

Crew. Imperial Only. 75 points.

When this ship activates, roll an Attack die. On a critical hit, you win the game. On any other result, continue play as normal.

Find a way to squeeze Thrawn and the Emperor into a list and you auto-win on turn one, but I don't think you can do it in 100 points.

*Yoda

Crew. Rebel Only. 10 points.

After this ship activates during the Activation Phase, assign it another dial. At the beginning of the Combat Phase, reveal the dial and execute the maneuver shown, following all rules for activating a ship from the Activation Phase.

With how bouncy Yoda was in the Prequels, it only seems right to have him make whatever ship he's in become equally bouncy.

Master Gunner (or replace this with a named Gunner from an Imperial weapon crew from one of the movies, if there are any)

Crew. Imperial Only. Huge Ship Only. Limited. 7 points.

When you perform an attack with a Hardpoint secondary weapon, you may change one Focus result to a Critical Hit result.

This gives the Empire something to modify their epic shooting dice with, which the Rebels have more options for at the moment IIRC. I figure the picture would be one of those Death Star Gunner guys in the nifty helmet. Also, price could drop a lot and make it once per turn, making it more useful on the Gozanti and less on the Raider.

*Jek Porkins

Crew. Crew. Rebel Only. 6 points.

The first time you receive a Stress token each round, discard the token immediately. This point has a negative Squad Point cost if you are eating a bucket of fried chicken at the beginning of play.

You can skip the second sentence if it seems OP.

*Jar Jar Binks

Crew. Rebel Only. -2 points.

This card has a negative Squad Point cost.

This is a Rebel Only Chardaan Refit for crew slots.

*Boba Fett

Crew. Imperial Only. 3 points.

When attacking, your first critical hit result cannot be cancelled by defensive dice.

This is the guy that Vader said "No Disintigrations" to on his SD's bridge.

*Chad Vader

Crew. Imperial Only. 2 points.

After performing an attack, you may suffer 1 critical hit to deal 2 damage to the target.

Vader's brother who works in retail is sort of an inverse Darth Vader (Crew).

I like the "Assassinate one crew" idea. I'd make it something like this:

IG-88 Assassin Droid (crew) - 3 points.

ActionYou may attempt to assassinate one enemy [crew]. To perform this Action discard this card and roll one attack die. On a [hit] or a [crit] result, the assassination was succesful and discard the chosen enemy crew card.