Sign in to follow this  
Lyraeus

So close to Intensify Forward Firepower IX. . .

I fail to see the excitement over this. Listened to a couple and found it not interesting to me.....

It is the only podcast dedicated to Star Wars Armada.

However as it has been said before there really isn't much to talk about. The national winners as well as the issue with no squadron builds should provide an interesting topic but after that there just isn't anything else. We already know that the Star Cruiser and Imperial Star Destroyer were coming out in the next wave. Can't falt them that Armada hasn't been interesting as of recently.

It's [That no-good rebel scoundrel Lyraeus's topic] is a liiiiiiittle bit gushy and fanboi-ish, but to each their own and I certainly don't want to stifle any fun.  I get that way with a few things: proper Elder Scrolls games, a certain colourful show that shall go unnamed for now, and that's about it. I'm not a person who follows personalities much, just characters (think of it as loving a band's music but not knowing who the performers are). That might explain why I've never stuck to particular reviewers, youtubers, celebrities, or the like, and I don't really keep up with podcasts.  That said, I have most of IFF's, I just haven't had a chance to listen to much.

Bah, anyhow.  Didn't they say they weren't recording until after Gencon and that it was delayed?  Oh, what is that saying you young rascals use: "I'm not being edgy hating on the popular kids." Something to that effect.

Edited by Vykes

IFF is the only Armada podcast out there and I enjoy listening to it.  Kessel Run has done a single Armada episode, it was very introductory, and seemed to indicate that they would be doing more but nothing has come of it yet.

I fail to see the excitement over this. Listened to a couple and found it not interesting to me.....

You sir are a heathen bit you are Imperial so what can I really expect. ^_~

I like them, yes they are fanboish but they have tons of great points and much of what they say is sound.

Somethings get out of hand but they get back on track easily enough.

Yea they are going to be recording after GenCon, so soon!

You mean 4 dudes who are willing to commit a podcast to talk about Star Wars gaming might be fanboys?!?!

Recording a new one tonight dudes!

Nope, I meant Lyraeus's 'Countdown to Podcast Christmas' :P  You'd have to be a fanboy of something to make a podcast about it (that wasn't a review), you know, or a masochist, or an angry ranty masochist.

You mean 4 dudes who are willing to commit a podcast to talk about Star Wars gaming might be fanboys?!?!

Recording a new one tonight dudes!

Nope, I meant Lyraeus's 'Countdown to Podcast Christmas' :P  You'd have to be a fanboy of something to make a podcast about it (that wasn't a review), you know, or a masochist, or an angry ranty masochist.

I think I fit all of those at one point or another. . .

I don't know what it takes to have a podcast and I think people get tired of me in the 25 minutes they listen to me drone on with my YouTube channel

I listen to a few podcasts, Order 66, IFF, The Instance and Star Talk to name a few. The more excited the speakers are about the subject the better, so bring it fan-boi!

Wanna hear some Armada talk I want Dano and the boys, not Fred Nye the Science Guy.

The synergestic meta-meta is getting out of hand.

We love Lyraeus' fanboyism, it keeps us going!

I went to the In Flight report and I was supremely bummed there was nothing Wave II. BUT the glimmer of hope was that Armada outsold IA on its opening, and so appears to be going really strong!

Anecdotally, the tournament was well attended and I saw throngs of people walking out of the FFG booth with armfuls of Armada. Finally, I got the chance to talk to Mike G (the producer of Armada iirc) and he was a standup dude who was clearly very passionate about not only Armada, but the Armada community. Made me feel like our game was in good hands. We're in a good place boys and girls.

-keeps counting reasons on fingers- or spiteful, or affronted, or... well pretty much that' it that I can think of.

I haven't a clue what it takes either Lyraeus, honestly. I am aware of the amount of scripting, prompting, editing, and the like which it takes to record things on the air, but I have no idea what the magic formula of actually putting it together is. Part of it is that I'm still not big on podcasts as a format in the first place. I don't mean that they're not good, I just mean that I never grew comfortable with them.

I'm going to make a generalization, so keep in mind that it isn't inherently true in all cases: podcasts basically follow the same format as Talk-radio (and I'm not big on that either). They traditionally aren't a lecture series, but fulfill a style which is distinctly one-dimentional as a method of immediate communication that feels deceptively like a conversation without me getting my two-cents in.

I've listened to a few different podcasts, but unless they're pseudo-youtube radio-dramas, readings, or something else in that narrative vein, it just hasn't stuck. It's a personal thing. This may sound a bit odd, but I associate WWPDStevens and the IFF group with OutpostZero's battle reports and the like, which I enjoy quite a bit (it's a bookmark). Now.... ugh, I hate admitting this but here it goes: it took me at least two months to realize that IFF was directly related to the content on OutpostZero and not something tangentially related as a link.

And now that qualify as an idiot rather than just sounding like one, you might be able to see why I don't get it :P

Edited by Vykes

Lyraeus even got a shout out on the last episode!

I enjoy the podcast, I like listening to some new perspectives on my favourite game. I also laughed my head off at points, like when they asked about the three favourite ships. Out of five! I think my fellow train passengers thought I was crazy. Look forward to the Wave 2 discussion.

I appreciate the effort that goes into making it. The theme music is pretty cool too.

Lyraeus even got a shout out on the last episode!

I enjoy the podcast, I like listening to some new perspectives on my favourite game. I also laughed my head off at points, like when they asked about the three favourite ships. Out of five! I think my fellow train passengers thought I was crazy. Look forward to the Wave 2 discussion.

I appreciate the effort that goes into making it. The theme music is pretty cool too.

Edsel62 got a shout out as well.

I am a fan boy. I enjoy the podcast and I enjoy the topic. There are things that people can learn and pick up and what they talk about is interesting to run through.