Sign in to follow this  
Engine25

What would you like to see in an IA Webshow?

What's up, HoloNet? I run a biweekly X wing show on Twitch called FCB-Wing, and we are looking to expand our repertoire. You can watch us this Wednesday at twitch.tv/fcbcomicsgames and all of our episodes are archived at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzWuajaszy3CNK8827wy9bgincluding all nine rounds of our Regional and a interview with Doug Kinney, a former world champion of X wing. We are modestly low tech, but we try to run a entertaining show and have a small following that we are quite proud of.

My question for you is this: what would want to see in a biweekly Imperial Assault show? What would get you to watch an IA tournament online?

With X wing, we generally get two featured matches in an episode and I'll occasionally play a bonus match. We have regular players that our viewers have come to recognize. We do or best to keep up with the screen and to make it easy for viewers to identify ships and pilots.

I'm thinking two games a show, one a campaign session featuring regular players each episode, and then a skirmish. For skirmish, we will comment like we do for X wing, as in a sports broadcast, and for campaign, player conversation will be featured.

Had some thoughts. Should I let viewers vote on campaign missions? Featured skirmish maps? For X wing tournaments, we do polls for featured lists. How can I get viewers involved in tournaments, weekly skirmishes, andcampaign missions? I have some ideas but I want to hear the fans' opinions.

Keep eyes open for an announcement of our first episode of FCB Assault and the date of a live streamed IA tournament. We have been known to give free expansions away to viewers :-D

Help me out, let's make a great show!

I'd be interested.

I watched a game with Tom Vasel and his buddy Sam play, and it was a lot of fun.  What made it fun was the personalities AND the game.  I tried watching several other youtube skirmishes and they were boring to me.  Too much dead air.

I'd be interested.

I watched a game with Tom Vasel and his buddy Sam play, and it was a lot of fun.  What made it fun was the personalities AND the game.  I tried watching several other youtube skirmishes and they were boring to me.  Too much dead air.

We're definitely looking at including a campaign, which would feature player conversation.  Looking to get some interesting people playing in the campaign.  Skirmishes would likely be commentated by knowledgeable but interesting people.  Click on a few of our X-wing videos.  Some of them are quite interesting.  Some of them I quickly get tired of hearing my boring voice...  But if we can manage to get two commentators, it is generally quite fun for us and the viewers.

Any suggestions? Related to that or otherwise for the show?  

Any suggestions? Related to that or otherwise for the show?  

Straight up steal Team Covenants idea of superimposed dice trays to show every roll nice and clear, like this: https://youtu.be/YIepvukSKi0?t=2m15s

Definitely have considered this for X-wing!  Will help us show cards up close, also.  Thank you!

Just need another webcam... :D

Edited by Engine25

I, myself, would like to see skirmishes that are broken down in a more analytical way than what I have seen done by anyone. Similar to what occurs on ESPN and such like this http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2015/05/24/20150523-gt-gsw-hou-gm3.nba/. Stopping the live play to examine the exact process and options that were available and what would have been better / worse in that situation and why. 

I, myself, would like to see skirmishes that are broken down in a more analytical way than what I have seen done by anyone. Similar to what occurs on ESPN and such like this http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2015/05/24/20150523-gt-gsw-hou-gm3.nba/. Stopping the live play to examine the exact process and options that were available and what would have been better / worse in that situation and why. 

For our X-wing broadcasts, we take notes and interview the players afterwards, but I can definitely see how it might be more helpful to pause during the action as well.  I will look into this approach.  We broadcast tournaments and try to be 100% hands off in that situation, but during our weekly shows it could be possible!

I would definitely watch this. I like the idea of interviews after. My group we always talk about what we could have done differently, better, etc.

Check out our X-wing Videos.  We do a live match with commentary and then interview the players after.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzWuajaszy3CNK8827wy9bg

Going to do similar videos for Imperial Assault, but am working on adapting the format to accommodate the differences in the games.

I like your ideas and look forward to watching the skirmish missions. Most likely I will not watch the campaign missions just because of spoilers but I would watch a video/tutorial on how to best run a campaign mission.

I would like to see different skirmish maps used  from video to video and maybe some pointers on how to best use the map and objective to help win. 

I wish you the best of luck!

Have you released any videos?

Plans got delayed, but it is coming! Official announcements will come on our webshow in September, but we are hosting an introductory tournament on October 10 and then will have our first IA episode the 21st I believe.  What would YOU like to see in an IA webshow.

Edited by Engine25

Have you released any videos?

Plans got delayed, but it is coming! Official announcements will come on our webshow in September, but we are hosting an introductory tournament on October 10 and then will have our first IA episode the 21st I believe.  What would YOU like to see in an IA webshow.

Post #2 in this thread.

Why not document an entire campaign while doing skirmish games every 3 campaign games... just saying...

Generally the campaign matches take Longer, sometimes significantly so. As a result, planning to do multiple campaign missions per episode may not be feasible. Also, in my area, skirmish is, in general, more popular than campaign. The campaign is absolutely a priority, but if the plan were to feature multiple games of one type or the other, skirmish would likely be played more.

You'll get your campaign missions, no worries!

Banter, Also Make it thematic! Describe whats happening! Use colorful words!

I would like to see a little banter before or after the match. Interesting to see who it is thats playing, whats in their list (both command and deployment), what are their thoughts after the game, things like what they felt they could have done differently, or why they won/lost the skirmish.