Sign in to follow this  
ajam1987

Protecting the cards

I recently purchased the Star Wars Imperial Assault game and was wonder if there were any card sleeves for them. I sleeve all my Magic The Gathering decks and many of my other games that involve cards. But the cards are way smaller than standard. Are there sleeves for them or do I have to just make due with larger sleeves? (Sorry if this is the wrong place for this type of question)

You want these...

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/fantasy-flight-supply/products/mini-american-board-game-sleeves/

...and these:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/fantasy-flight-supply/products/standard-american-board-game-sleeves/  

In fact, the FFG product descriptions for the IA boxes say what sizes or types of card sleeves you would use for those products (cf the info inside the red circle).

sy4b9e.jpg

I recently purchased the Star Wars Imperial Assault game and was wonder if there were any card sleeves for them. I sleeve all my Magic The Gathering decks and many of my other games that involve cards. But the cards are way smaller than standard. Are there sleeves for them or do I have to just make due with larger sleeves? (Sorry if this is the wrong place for this type of question)

I don't care much for fantasy flight games sleeves honestly. They seem so floppy and overly large (at least the standard sleeve sizes anyway). Here is the boardgame geek link that gives sleeves from every publisher and which one fits and how many you need https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/164572/item/3576133#item3576133 . I personally really like Mayday sleeves and have bought hundreds because I really like how I can get sleeves that fit the cards almost perfectly, even though 2-3 out of a pack might be a hair smaller than the rest.

I don't have a alot of experience with sleeves, IA being the first game ive sleeved. Bought the FFG sleeves and they work like a charm. A big downside is that sleeving makes the card horribel to stack

I have to agree with thereisnotry and Hatting, as I've sleeved my IA with FFG sleeves and they work great.

Hatting's issue with stacking goes away after a while once the sleeves "settle".

Try shuffling them a little after sleeving them to "wear" the sleeves a little, and they stack just fine.

I actually find the problem is what to do with the sleeved deck of command cards?!? They tend to get mixed up in conventional miniature storage and a regular deck box is way to big for the cards.

I actually find the problem is what to do with the sleeved deck of command cards?!? They tend to get mixed up in conventional miniature storage and a regular deck box is way to big for the cards.

I use Ultra Pro binder sheets and a binder for the command cards.  Sleeved in something short in length like Mayday  (FFG's yellows are too tall) will let you stack two of them in each pocket, sideways.

So I take another full-size card sleeve with an opaque back, and put the cards for each pocket together in that, then put the whole thing in the pocket.  I hope that makes sense.  The full size sleeve helps the smaller cards to stay put and not slide around in there.

So from there, the first binder sheet I have has the 2 copies of each basic Core Set card alphabetized.

After that, I start a new sheet and just start stacking in a complete set of each card I get from packs.  Ones I have duplicates of beyond the allowable limits (from multiple Saboteurs and Rebel Troopers) I keep separate.  This way, I have an alphabetized, complete play set of all my Command cards in an easily accessible storage solution.

In the same binder are all my cards for Armada (less the ship cards which are too big).  I have a separate binder packed with my X-Wing upgrade cards.  I find it works quite well.