Caied

Force and Destiny Form Fillable Character Sheet w/Auto Dice Pool

32 posts in this topic

Two or three years ago I posted my EotE form fillable sheet with auto-dice, I had a couple people message me over the last few weeks with requests for an update for FnD, so here it is!

I took the official FnD PDF altered the EotE sheet a bit, and added the Lightsaber skill.

FnD Form Fillable Sheet w/Auto Dice v2

FnD Form Fillable Sheet w/Auto Dice v2, low-ink

Updated v2:

Added Drop-down selector for Lightsaber and Custom skill boxes

Added High-Contrast/Low-Ink version

Modified dice colors for better visibility against white background for low-ink

Known Bugs/Quirks

• The form fields should be editable and save-able using Reader XI on Mac or PC.  Some mobile Apps and websites have trouble either 1) displaying the javascript or 2) allowing the javascript to run making the sheet fully editable.
  • Lightsaber is defaulted to Brawn and is included "behind the scenes" as a Brawn skill, modifying the brawn Ability, even with Agility selected, will change the Lightsaber skill, simply 'mouseover' the drop down menu to refresh it back to Agility.
Edited by Caied
Lorne, Tikanni, burningcrow and 5 others like this

Very nice! :)

However, in Force & Destiny, the Lightsaber skill can change what characteristic it is based on, depending on your speciality. Can this be supported by this sheet, in some way?

-Eirik

Very nice! :)

However, in Force & Destiny, the Lightsaber skill can change what characteristic it is based on, depending on your speciality. Can this be supported by this sheet, in some way?

-Eirik

Yeah, i need to see if i can setup a drop-down menu to allow you to select which characteristic to use, on the plus side if i can get that working then I can also use it to allow the custom skill boxes to use any ability score as well.

Any chance of a low-ink version in the future?

I had a lowink/high contrast version for the EotE sheets and this should be about as easy to put together, i'll do it today at work and update when it's ready

Lorne and GM Fred like this

Only see Brawn and Agility in the drop-down box.

I don't have the core book yet, i was told those are the only two options, can it be any six?

Only see Brawn and Agility in the drop-down box.

I don't have the core book yet, i was told those are the only two options, can it be any six?

There are specializations in the Core book that allow any characteristic to apply.

Caied

These fillable character sheets are awesome, many thanks

Just wondered had you done a AoR version ??

Ratso33

I have the most recent version of Reader and it gives me the following message for some reason, "This document enabled extended features in acrobat reader. The document has been changed since it was created and use of extended features is no longer available. Please contact the author for the original version of this document." The full version, or non-low-ink version as well as the others created by Caied seem to work fine. It basically doesn't let me remove the zeroes in all the fields. I can however edit it properly in the browser version. Not sure what is happening, but if you know please post on this page. Thank you.

I have the most recent version of Reader and it gives me the following message for some reason, "This document enabled extended features in acrobat reader. The document has been changed since it was created and use of extended features is no longer available. Please contact the author for the original version of this document." The full version, or non-low-ink version as well as the others created by Caied seem to work fine. It basically doesn't let me remove the zeroes in all the fields. I can however edit it properly in the browser version. Not sure what is happening, but if you know please post on this page. Thank you.

This. I'm using the most recent version of Adobe Reader DC with Windows 10 but I get the same error message when I try to open the file from my computer. Of course if I edit it from the browser it works out but of course I can't save it with the information inside.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hey there, 

I have a Mac and I just downloaded an updated Adobe Acrobat Reader but the dice are not showing up on the character sheet. Is there another program I can use? Or am I using the wrong Adobe viewer? 

Thank you.

Hey everyone,

Mac user here (though this should all hold true for windows as well), I managed to get the dice updating when viewing the PDFs in one place and one place only: in-browser in Google Chrome. Right-click -> Open With -> Google Chrome. If the plugin is enabled the PDF will open in a new browser tab, if not it'll open a new browser tab that will immediately download the PDF. If the latter happens, go to http://chrome://plugins and make sure that "Chrome PDF Viewer" is enabled.

Also, since I want my character sheet accessible from any machine, I jumped through some hoops to get Chrome's in-browser PDF viewer to play nice with Google Drive (which, infuriatingly, it does not by default). You have to download the desktop version of Google Drive, then add the Chrome extension Application Launcher for Drive. Now you can right click the PDF in Google Drive -> Open With -> Google Chrome, edit the PDF in-browser, and save your changes in your local Google Drive folder to keep the Drive version up to date.

Also, one request for Caied, could you change the colors of the dice symbols in the non-ink-saving version to the colors in the ink-saving version? I like the look of that character sheet better, but I'm using the boring-looking ink-saving one solely because the neon dice symbols in the original are too hard to see.

The only problem I see with these sheets is that none of them really provide enough room for Force powers. There are only two Force power slots, and not nearly enough space for all of the upgrades in each, nor enough slots for all of the Force Powers released in the various books to date. The same for Talents. 

The only problem I see with these sheets is that none of them really provide enough room for Force powers. There are only two Force power slots, and not nearly enough space for all of the upgrades in each, nor enough slots for all of the Force Powers released in the various books to date. The same for Talents.

That’s why you go with the Force Powers sheets from RLogue177.

See https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/222644-spectalent-sheets/page-5#entry2499263

Do you think a non auto dice version would work on mobile?

The biggest issue I’ve found with character sheets on mobile devices is all the zooming in and out, panning around, etc… that you have to do in order to read anything. I’ve done it before, and it’s a real pain. Even on a larger tablet device, it’s still a pain.