Sign in to follow this  
lpfankabe

Imps > Rebs: Am I doing it wrong?

Rebels always seem to win at my table. The few Imperial wins were either against silly Reb lists messing around with fighters or severely due to the objectives (Fire lanes, advanced gunnery, or fleet ambush).

Am I just playing the Imps wrong? Not making enough use of engineering, maybe?

(Our lists are built on 1 of each set from Core/Wave 1)

I think you have your title the wrong way around.

As far as your question goes, I'm still too inexperienced to comment much, but I would point out the top worlds list was Gladiator Spam iirc.

Edited by Squark

yes you're doing it wrong

imps = rebs

what sets them apart isn't straight mechanical superiority, but differences. Rebels have long range firepower, imps have close range "**** your face" firepower

it is when you enable on engagement or the other that you get a relationship of "greater than" or "less than"

For the most part if you get your Reb ships closer than long range you are probably doing it wrong. Med range is acceptable if you have Mon-Mothma but you never want to be in close range.

Reading Fail. Sorry.

Imperials really need to use their interdependent (combos) they have some extremely powerful upgrades that work well when you use them properly. you also need to plan ahead with the Imps.

Edited by Swusn

Imperials have an advantage over the rebels currently in wave 1.  Yet if you only have 1 of each wave 1 release, you may want a second gsd and go with 1 vsd and 2 gsd's...  grab a few squadrons just to tie up any rebel fighters for a couple turns.

Motivate herein defined as "replace" in the imperial admiral's handbook :P

Nah, Warning chokes are all the rage these days.

To anyone who doesn't read Darths and Droids already.... Drop whatever you're doing and start! Imagine if the Prequel trilogy was actually good! Actually, stop imagining and just read! ;)