Sign in to follow this  
DanteRotterdam

No reveals at Gencon...

If you look at the last few opportunities for reveals for Star Wars stuff, GenCon, May the 4th, Celebration, etc absolutely zero of those had any SWRPG reveals and barely any mentions.

There were in between reveals like Mask of the Pirate Queen and Keeping the Peace, but it is almost like they are purposely avoiding any reveals for this game system at anything major or anything but to the smallest audience.

It's highly possible that this tweet is hinting at SWRPG material. 

https://twitter.com/FFGames/status/627158140254048257

I wouldn't worry too much about the RPG Line.  If the state of my bank account (and my friend's accounts) is any indication, FFG is swimming in money McDuck style.  Things that make money keep getting made. 

Edited by Tocath

.... A tweet from the start of GenCon (aka 9am 31 July) is going to explain why... during GenCon they didn't reveal any RPG stuff? That is some hyper rationalization there.

Edit: rechecked, it wasn't the "start" so much as in the middle of it... but still they had time after the tweet to reveal stuff AT GenCon.

http://www.gencon.com/attend/futuredates for dates of gencon.

Edited by GM Knowledge Rhino

I'm not terribly worried. The only big reveal that meant much was the original one back when the EotE beta dropped. Each year after a new beta and actual Core book dropped. Nothing unexpected there. I do think they are working on some tie in with the upcoming movies. What form it will take remains to be seen. I doubt a new Core book, but certainly a supplement of some sort could be done, perhaps in the vein of the region books. As long as they keep producing the quality stuff they have been all should be good.

Yup, I'm in agreement with the original post.  In the near future (2-3 months) I think we'll see a Force Awakens SWRPG announcement.  Perhaps even on September 4th, "Force Friday."   Disney is bringing out what could be the highest grossing movie of all time this December.  I'm sure they have a tightly planned campaign for when and how to release/announce products that might reveal plot points :)

Yup, I'm in agreement with the original post.  In the near future (2-3 months) I think we'll see a Force Awakens SWRPG announcement.  Perhaps even on September 4th, "Force Friday."   Disney is bringing out what could be the highest grossing movie of all time this December.  I'm sure they have a tightly planned campaign for when and how to release/announce products that might reveal plot points :)

I hope you are right, unfortunately as I stated above, they 100% ignored the RPG on May the 4th, so it is very likely the same will happen for the next Star Wars "day".

I hope you are right, unfortunately as I stated above, they 100% ignored the RPG on May the 4th, so it is very likely the same will happen for the next Star Wars "day".

That's not surprising. Aside from running Star Wars games (LCG, RPG, Armada, X-Wing or IA) at their local store, they've not done anything for May 4th since they announced that they have the license.

Wow, such negativity... I have no idea how much this game makes money wise but I do know they pay a lot of rights and have just release a new CRB. There is absolutely no reason to be so cynical as far as I am concerned.

Pessimists are never disappointed. If the game fails they get to pat themselves on the back saying "I told you so!" and if the game succeeds they get to enjoy the game. Either way they win and they get to annoy people as icing on the cake. They are poor-man takes on Erik but they do provide me with some entertainment with their vehement attitudes of their own superiority.

It's highly possible that this tweet is hinting at SWRPG material. 

https://twitter.com/FFGames/status/627158140254048257

I wouldn't worry too much about the RPG Line.  If the state of my bank account (and my friend's accounts) is any indication, FFG is swimming in money McDuck style.  Things that make money keep getting made. 

sneaky...

And in response to the pessimism in general, I would just offer a reminder that FFG just renewed the license with LFL. So...I'm sure we can expect more good stuff :)

There is plenty of stuff coming up for the various RPG lines:

Strongholds of Rebellion

Mask of the Pirate Queen

Chronicles of the Gatekeeper

Keeping the Peace

Most of which were announced within the past few weeks, IIRC.

It would have been great to see another career book for Edge or Age announced, but I'm sure we'll see more announcements soon.  After all, wasn't Stay on Target announced early because it got placed in the display case at GenCon accidentally last year (I might be iffy on the details of that - it was a year ago)?

Just for some context, that tweet was a slide from their annual GenCon panel, which is 90 minutes of FFG talking about ALL of their product lines.  I was at GenCon. but I wasn't in the panel, and I haven't had a chance to read any recaps, but they do answer some questions for the last 20-30 minutes.  That tweet would EXACTLY explain why no RPG stuff was touched on if anything for the RPG they could announce was tied into it.  I'm sure they at least touched on the RPG line during the panel, they just had nothing new to announce.  A similar thing happened with Star Wars Armada and has fans over there similarly disappointed.

It could be possible – and hear me out because this may seem like crazy town at first – that they are just revealing book on their own timetable (or Disney's) rather than the entirely arbitrary convention schedule.

I mean, Gen Con reveals are neat and all, but it's not like it's necessary to make a big splash to have a good game.