Sign in to follow this  
Rippy

I applaud your good work FFG! (New user's greetings)

Hello everyone, I am Rippy, long time listener first time caller.

I just wanted to say thanks to FFG for wave 8.

Having been a long time fan of Star Wars (since I was 6, so over 20 years now!), I have been thoroughly enjoying X-Wing Miniature releases for star wars love it provides since wave 3 came out.

I decided to embrace the the recent changes that Disney has made to the Canon. I can't help it, but I have fallen in love with Rebels. Ever since the show started I have been craving these ships to be in X-Wing (namely the Gozanti and Ghost).

Even though I am a big EU fan, I have been getting a bit sick of all the tie fighter rip offs (even in the EU it always felt a little cheap to me).

So yeah, thanks FFG, it looks like you have nailed wave 8!

Welcome to X-Wing forums.

I am also very excited for this wave! I'm excited for both wave 7 and wave 8.

Hope your continue to enjoy the game and encourage your friends and family to play as well.

New user here also! X-Wing - Caribbean Charter. :-)

Cannot wait for my order of Wave 7 ships to reach, yet at the same time... I cannot wait for Wave 8! :-)

Well done on everything so far FFG. You've made a truly excellent product.

...Now to find more persons to play against...

I don't even watch Rebels, nor do I care for 95% of EU stuff, but Wave 8 just looks and feels so much more authentic than 7.  It's closer to the original SW stuff, and at least most of the ships or pilots have/had actual screen time in the movies or shows.

Also, welcome! I hope you find some friends/family/nearby game stores to get some solid play time!

I don't even watch Rebels, nor do I care for 95% of EU stuff, but Wave 8 just looks and feels so much more authentic than 7. It's closer to the original SW stuff, and at least most of the ships or pilots have/had actual screen time in the movies or shows.

Also, welcome! I hope you find some friends/family/nearby game stores to get some solid play time!

Thanks mate. I have been playing for a while now, normally play at least 1 game every 1 to 2 days. Only played one tournament so far though.

Edited by Rippy

I have been getting a bit sick of all the tie fighter rip offs

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Wave 8 doing this again? What makes an EU TIE a rip off, but a Rebels one isn't?

Well it is the first of the new canon so far. I can appreciate that they would try different builds of tie fighters. If the new canon goes down the same route of making a million slightly different looking tie fighters, I will get over that pretty quickly as well.

I have been getting a bit sick of all the tie fighter rip offs

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Wave 8 doing this again? What makes an EU TIE a rip off, but a Rebels one isn't?

Well it is the first of the new canon so far. I can appreciate that they would try different builds of tie fighters. If the new canon goes down the same route of making a million slightly different looking tie fighters, I will get over that pretty quickly as well.

Most of them aren't, though. They were all created for very specific roles. Yes, some were a bit odd/silly, but not all. Also, many slightly different TIEs makes sense when you look at it from the view of a Galactic Military. Take one tried and true design, then change it up only as much as necessary to meet different demands. Extensive new designs cost more than modifying something that already has parts made out of tons of factories.

Thanks guys, I am still excited for wave 7, though 8 has me super duper excited. Like border line obsessive excited.

... and there ain't nothing wrong with that!

:lol:

I confess I am still super excited by Waves 1, 2, and 3!

:D

Yeah I know some meta-blahs hate X-Wings... but not here at Boss Central!

:angry: