Sign in to follow this  
kinnison

Severe lack of news from Gencon

So it seems the only thing we can gather about Armada is we got painted models.  it is doing well.  Maybe a carrier is in our future (**** you X-wing!)

I have a sneaking suspicion they are waiting for  EP VII to come out before announcing wave 3

Yeah, there simply wasn't much to say for Armada. Gencon isn't used for spoiling cards or bases, which is what we're waiting for for Wave II previews, and With Wave II still in production, Wave III previews seem silly since we would now know as much about Wave III as we did Wave II.

So, yeah, Armada didn't have much to talk about.

On an other hand, Imperial Assault has one expansion about to come out + one series of figures for later (wookies etc)+ another series of figures for later (banthos etc) + they just announced Hoth on top of it... Ever feel you are playing the wrong game? :)

I play both so no matter :)

well when IA comes out with a star destroyer we can talk, but until then Armada is the GREATEST GAME EVER MADE!!!(in my opinion of course) Edited by clontroper5

On an other hand, Imperial Assault has one expansion about to come out + one series of figures for later (wookies etc)+ another series of figures for later (banthos etc) + they just announced Hoth on top of it... Ever feel you are playing the wrong game? :)

I also play both, so it was both an extremely exciting weekend, and a supremely anticlimactic weekend.

I'm thrilled with the new imperial assault announcemnts and still anxiously awaiting for twin shadows to release.

Armada and Imp assault are my 2 favorite games right now.  Both a ton of fun and worth playing.

They did mention they were going to release something Star Wars related on September 4th. I think it will be X-Wing related but I hope there is something for Armada as well.

The newest stuff for both X-Wing and Imperial Assault were released at GenCon.  Additionally they announced what is coming after that for both games.  Had they been able to have Armada Wave II ready for GenCon, I guarantee they would have announced Wave III.

I will add, someone else posted on the boards here that they talked to a guy at the FFG booth (he gave his name but I don't remember, it was someone that would know what they were talking about).  They REALLY wanted to have Wave II ready for GenCon, it just wasn't able to happen.

I will add, someone else posted on the boards here that they talked to a guy at the FFG booth (he gave his name but I don't remember, it was someone that would know what they were talking about).  They REALLY wanted to have Wave II ready for GenCon, it just wasn't able to happen.

makes sense... it's not like they are purposely trying to keep from making sales.

Or, you know... Maybe they want to get the wave 2 stuff in our hands before announcing wave 3...

They didn't care about X-wing players having Wave 7 until announcing Wave 8.
Uh, yeah they did... Wave 7 was on sale at GenCon. Wave 7 out, Wave 8 announced.

I cant buy it yet. It is going to be another month until a full retail release so technically X-wing is 9 ships and 2 epic ship deep in spoilers.

Or, you know... Maybe they want to get the wave 2 stuff in our hands before announcing wave 3...

Uh, yeah they did... Wave 7 was on sale at GenCon. Wave 7 out, Wave 8 announced.

I cant buy it yet. It is going to be another month until a full retail release so technically X-wing is 9 ships and 2 epic ship deep in spoilers.

Amen. People who claim Wave 7 is available already are either full of it or were able to buy it at Gencon. Until it is released at retail locations it's not released.

Amen. People who claim Wave 7 is available already are either full of it or were able to buy it at Gencon. Until it is released at retail locations it's not released.

*sigh*

I never said it was available.  It is out though.  Like, you could buy it online right now from people that bought them at the convention if you really wanted to (personally I wouldn't).  All the cards are known and spoiled.  People are playing with the ships, likely as we speak!  So yes, despite you being upset that you cannot walk into your favorite local gaming store and buy it yourself, or buy it for 30% off from an online retailer, it has been released.

So no, they are not 9 ships deep in spoilers, or whatever you want to claim.  Now I'm going to go play with my Hound's Tooth and blow up some K-Wings.