Sign in to follow this  
Murko

Story?

Hello

I am super huge Warhammer proper OLD world fan. I was waiting for this day, for this game for so long. The best game in my collection so far is LOTR LCG and I always wished for the same game, but with Warhammer thematic. Instead of Legolas, some witchhunter, instead of middle earth orcs some proper WAAAG and so on. I wished for gigantic pool of cards and insane amount of quests.

Now it is a little bit disappointing cause this will not be LCG. I want as many quests as possible and as many characters, enemies and more and more.

One of the best things in LOTR was story. With every adventure there was a paper with before adventure read this / after adventure read this. It was such a great improvement. Those little papers, give this game spirit. We were not just taking cards, there was also a reason why, motive behind, story.

So my question (probably to someone from FFG) is, will something like this be included in Warhammer Quest? And please answer yes. I want story, I want to know, why to smash this monster as many times as possible with my hammer. Add it to rulebook, add it to papers, write it in PDF. JUST DO IT!

Edited by Murko

I hope so. In the descriptive video FFG just upped on their youtube channel, Justin (the creator of the game) clearly spells out that the game is structured on a campaign structure, with different chapter you have to complete creating a bigger fresco. This sounds to me like the narrative aspect of what you're doing is kept in greater consideration.

Also, the campaign structure sounds promising in terms of how much stuff is in the box.

Really, really, really longing to put my hands on this one (and grab a week off from work to play it to death)

Hey guys,

This is Adam Sadler (designer of Descent: Second Edition). My brother Brady and I designed Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card game and we are super excited that we can finally talk about it!

Although I'm not an FFG employee anymore, I can answer your question about this game. Each quest in the game features a quest sheet. The quest sheet contains the story for the quest, as well as the setup rules, victory conditions, and events that happen throughout the course the the quest. There will be plenty of story!

Thx for answer. That is really great, so great. Now we only need a time machine. It is release day yet? and yet? perhaps yet? How can I stay whole day in my boring work with this knowledge? As you said, I will also grab a holiday for this game:D

Do you know Adam, is FFG planing expansions for this product soon, or super soon?

All I can say is that I really hope to have expansions for the game. I know FFG has a history of expanding their games that sell well. So, spread the word to your friends and family to get everyone excited about the game. Hopefully it sells like crazy! :)