Sign in to follow this  
Doc9

Thank you FFG. You're forgiven.

After the unforgivable cancellation of Warhammer:Invasion, best game evah, I was angry at FFG. Went into self imposed hiding. Wandered the wilderness. Wrote FFG over and over in my Book of Grudges. Silently seethed. BUT NOW! now they make the announcement that Fury of Dracula will be brought back as a third edition...and TODAY they announce this! Warhammer Quest as a coop card game. BRILLIANT! I can't wait. Strong work FFG. You're one step closer to having your name erased from the book.

I'm still waiting/praying for a new release of Mordheim...my all time favorite game by GW. Waiting. Waiting.

Sadly, I think you may be waiting a while. 

But the current "beta" of Mordheim the PC game looks pretty good. It's still got a long way to go in development, but it's shaping up well

"Waiting in vain."

Ever heard that phrase?

That is what I have been telling my fellow WHQ enthusiasts for years at our last remaining strongholds on the WEB about a second edition of WHQ.

That is what all folks are doing if they are holding out for GW to do anything themselves with any of the "peripheral" games in GW's IP "stables".

I have spoken with Kirby, Rountree and others at GW Office over the years.

They see no business point to do new editions of the peripheral games; they cannot COMPREHEND a positive business move to do so.

It is beyond their ken that WHQ, Mordheim and so forth can produce a business-worthy income of sales.

Why?

Because the numbers for these games individually & separate never approached the numbers that W40K or WFB generated.

How could they?

As the prime example, in the case of WHQ, minus a core box, 2 adventures and 9 characters, it was always about WFB figures!

And sales of such toy soldiers for WHQ could not ever be separated out from sales for WFB business-wise.

So Doc, you can wait/pray, but you will never see a second edition of Mordheim.

Unless, of course, you have the money and the opportunity to do a hostile takeover of GW.

Edited by The Horseman

That's OK...I'm working on my own board game set in Mordheim. Adventurers explore and collect wyrdstone. Whoever has the most wyrdstone (victory points) at end of game is the winner. But, my game is going to be called 'Florsheim, Hamlet of the Lost' a game set in the Conflict Mace universe. You know, cause GW likes to sue. ;)

Lepusek,

you scored a very good point. When I was watching this year's InFlight report, when Chris said "we started with Diskwars" I thought "and here we go with a new expansion, finally". Nothing, instead.

Still, I hope in good news in the coming months!

its look great i want that BUT... where is my DISKWARS expansion !!! 

Yep that! That plus one thousand millions disks glued to thumbs up...if that's even a thing...

WHQCG is an awesome announcement but i'd like to see a last WHDW expansion with a bit for everyone...maybe a "big box" like the core set...

I'm still waiting/praying for a new release of Mordheim...my all time favorite game by GW. Waiting. Waiting.

I'd be happier is FFG picked up Mordheim instead.  Imagine and Imperial Assult style game but with multi-player PvP!