Sign in to follow this  
Grayfax

VCX-100 "Ghost"

Yes, the chin gun is the forward mounted turret. The Dorsal turret is the turret on top of the ghost. However you were talking about the twin laser canons you claim are fired on the show. I've seen Rebel Resolve and went to the timestamp you mentioned and saw nothing, so...wait...why the hell am I arguing this!? Since when does this matter!? If you're a GM you can wave your magic GM wand and suddenly woosh it has twin laser canons!

The only Guns shown on the Ghost are

Top Guns

http://i.imgur.com/CLaoj31.jpg

Bottom Guns

http://i.imgur.com/2WyKIG9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/mMguo04.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JPjFT0b.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ENLbuIW.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SzujYIY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HqMyuAM.jpg

Please tell me how that bottom gun is just 1.

"Here endeth the lesson" - Elliot Ness to Al Capone in the Untouchables.

Edit: Added Many blurry action shots

Edited by GM Knowledge Rhino

So took another look at the SWRebels fan sourcebook...

The VCX-100 listed is never once described as being The Ghost.  And since the only VCX-100 that's shown up on screen is noted to be an extensively modified version of the VCX-100, then there's no canon information to say what weapons the stock VCX-100 has.

So the authors' decision to list the fan-made stats for a stock VCX-100 as only having single weapons is perfectly valid.  Until such time as FFG does up their own stats, or that LFL gives us information on a stock VCX-100, nobody actually knows what the weapons load-out on a stock VCX-100 is.

We know what the Ghost has, but as mentioned above said ship is NOT a stock VCX-100 anymore than the Millennium Falcon is a stock YT-1300.

That is ONE bottom gun with TWO barrels...but it is still ONE gun. Here's where we got mixed up, I thought you meant to say there was a third weapon involved, not simply the word 'twin' left out of the description on what Dono has pointed out is a stock VCX, not The Ghost itself.

As for your personal message...You forgive me for being wrong? That is the most arrogant and condescending comment I have ever heard in my life, and if you are going to call me out on comments like that, do it here where everyone can see it. Furthermore, what do I have to apologies for? Infact why don't you do it openly, ask me for an apology. You can do it until your hands fall off for all I care because I owe you nothing, sir.

I was not involved with Spark of the Rebellion during its development, it was not my call, not my decision, or anything to do with me, I was not part of the group that tested it, or made it although i applaud them for their work on it. Why am I defending it..because I feel that you sir are being bias towards them simply because the word 'fan' comes before the word sourcebook and failing to consider as Dono has pointed out, STOCK VCX, never is it referred to in the book as The Ghost.. If it came from an official source, I doubt you would make this much of a fuss over it. I have nothing to apologize for unless another member of the community would kindly point it out.

I admit I was snappy in my last post, do I apologize for it? No way, I still stand by the reason I snapped; The whole argument is meaningless and stupid. In retrospect of now understanding what you mean...how does inserting the word 'twin' into the description change anything mechanical wise?

Edited by Ebak

The YT-1300 in the EotE CRB does not have dual-quad laser turrets or a .5 hyperdrive as it's a stock vessel and not the Millennium Falcon.  Likewise the VCX-100 in SoR is a stock ship which was open to group interpretation. Of course, if you have a grumpy astromech around you can modify the ship to your heart's desire  ;)

I'm really looking forward to the official FFG version as well. At least we have the model coming soon.

Actually, if you read the description closely, the YT-1300 stats in the Edge Core are not for the stock vessel either. It states that the stock version only has a single turret, not the two turrets in the stats.

Granted, but for the purpose of illustration, I'm sure you take my point.

It would help if someone who has access to that book could post a scan or picture of the page in question, so that we could be sure whether they’re talking about the stock VCX-100, or if they’re talking about The Ghost in particular.

So, I went and bought the book. It is clearly talking about the Ghost, not the stock VCX-100:

File%20Aug%2005%2C%201%2056%2044%20PM.jp

In the picture on pages 292-293, the nose turret seems to have twin light or maybe medium laser cannons, while the dorsal turret seems to have medium or heavy laser cannons.

The Phantom appears to have twin light or medium laser cannons, but they’re not mounted in a turret, so I’m not sure what their fire arc coverage is. Interestingly, if you look closely at that picture, you notice that the Phantom apparently also has an Auto-blaster or something similar mounted on top of the shuttle, and it is mounted in a turret:

File%20Aug%2005%2C%201%2058%2018%20PM.jp

I’ve got a couple more pictures from the book that I uploaded to that same folder.

That is ONE bottom gun with TWO barrels...but it is still ONE gun.

I believe you mean “one turret, twin cannons that are linked”. The twin cannons effectively fire as one gun at one target, and they are mounted in the same turret.

I personally prefer official/published material to fan made because published tends to get things more universally accepted and the writers don't get mad if you ask questions.

Of course they don't.

Because they can just go "no" to whatever you're saying and then they won't get repeated looping arguments about the same thing over and over.

Nor will they get PM's with a continued arguing about that one thing they said no to.

They don't get mad because they have full and total control.

Unlike someone who makes a fan-made sourcebook who has to defend themselves from everyone who disagrees with them.

I don't see anything I would argue with on the Ghost.

Just because this was stated and not addressed in my last comment.

Per canon (Ultimate Star Wars, page 292 lower left hand corner) they get the weapons wrong on the ship. The front load out is listed as "Two forward laser cannons are located underneath the gunner station"

From Spark of Rebellion:

Weapons: One Forward Turret-Mounted Heavy Laser Cannon (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 6;Critical 3; Range [short]),

One Dorsal Turret Mounted Medium Laser Cannon (Fire Arc All; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [Close])

This not only contradicts canon but it ignores the Lego (http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/screencrush.com/files/2014/01/star-wars-rebels-lego-sets-1.jpg) as well. =)

Additionally it would make more sense to have the cargo encumbrance to be 120 or 160 as it has to be a number reasonably divided by 4 as on the bottom right of that same Ultimate Star Wars page 292, it lists "Main Cargo Hold: Four holds are located on each corner of the ship." As they are equal size it is reasonable that they would be more of a reasonable number so 30 or 40 encumbrance per section.

That's all well and fine, but the thing to remember here is that the VCX-100 in the "SW Rebels" fan-made sourcebook isn't "the ghost".

It's a stock VCX-100.

Now, if the stock one is identical to the ghost, then the ghost wouldn't be a "modified VCX-100".

And since one of the things that's usually changed is the armament (since most freighters aren't heavily armed), it stands to reason that the stock version has less armaments.

And since there are no stock VCX-100 freighters in any of the official material, it's all down to speculation.

Don't agree with the speculation? 

Fine, then argue about that, but don't point to the Ghost as a template for how the stock freighter should be.

ghost-rebels-visual-guide.jpg

That's the ghost.

It shows that it's got all those things you pointed out.

Nobody's arguing that.

But you seem to be missing the point that the stock VCX-100 isn't the same thing as "The Ghost".

Edited by OddballE8

For the Phantom, I'd go with Silhouette 2, twin light blaster cannons forward, and an auto-blaster in the turret.

Not sure about using the light blaster cannons forward. In X-Wing, the Phantom has attack 3, the same as an X-Wing or TIE Interceptor. I'd go with the biggest laser cannons that will fit on a silhouette 2 craft.

For the Phantom, I'd go with Silhouette 2, twin light blaster cannons forward, and an auto-blaster in the turret.

Not sure about using the light blaster cannons forward. In X-Wing, the Phantom has attack 3, the same as an X-Wing or TIE Interceptor. I'd go with the biggest laser cannons that will fit on a silhouette 2 craft.

I think he's talking about the stock one that comes with the stock ship.

And I would give it no weapons at all.

Re the Cornelian Cargo Shuttle, SoR page 53:

Some enterprising owners have used the shuttle's integrated expansion hard points to add weaponry, turning the shuttle into a fairly capable short range fighter, or even adding a rear-firing weapon to the parent ship.

The 'stock version' (again, not the Phantom) we show in SoR has no weapons, as it's a cargo shuttle. This is based on the Rebels Visual Guide (page 52) which states:

The Phantom is the Ghost's secondary shuttle craft. It is a fully armed starfighter and makes the Ghost unique among freighters of its class.

Note the unique among its class reference. This implies that other VCX-100 freighters either don't have this secondary ship, or that they aren't armed. We allowed for both cases with our two stock ships.

As always, feel free to disagree (I feel like I should add this to my sig!) but there's the thinking behind it.