Sign in to follow this  
Crabbok

Inquisitor's TIE vs TIE Advanced

Sorry to complain, but are these really any different?   I know the Inquisitor's TIE has slightly more rounded wings, but I figured that was just the animation style of Rebels and teh fact that it was an earlier model....   but come on - it didn't need to be a whole new ship.   I really hope they treat it like an advanced and allow it to equip the advanced title.   Otherwise it just seems silly to have made an all new mold for a ship that is... well, it's the same ship - it just happened to be in a cartoon instead of Episode 4. 

The key difference is that one is from a cartoon, and the other one is real.

That cartoon is just as official as the movies - and is the source for much of Wave 8 it seems. That's the last bit of food I'll feed this troll :)

Key things from the photos are the Boost on the Action Bar instead of evade and one less Hull than the Tie Advanced.

Tie v1 Title gives a free evade action with a Target Lock for only 1 point.

The Inquistor will be rolling 3 dice at all ranges with his primary weapon. Slightly less powerful than an Interceptor since you roll 3 at range 1.

I also see a Green 4 straight on the dial - which is something the Tie Advanced doesn't have.  Possibly similar to an Interceptor or Defender Dial.

swx40_spread.png

inquisitor.pngxx-23.png

Therefore I would argue that it CAN indeed take the TIE X1 Title if it wants to.

That's debatable. A title is a title, and includes everything in the title. Just because it has some of the same words doesn't make it the same thing. But then again it could very well take the title, will need a FAQ for it.

Therefore I would argue that it CAN indeed take the TIE X1 Title if it wants to.

That's debatable. A title is a title, and includes everything in the title. Just because it has some of the same words doesn't make it the same thing. But then again it could very well take the title, will need a FAQ for it.

We need an FAQ.

TIE Mk2 applies to all TIE.

Should X1 apply to all TIE Advanced?

Does X1 work on Darth Vader?

Single biggest difference: this ship is better costed. inquisitor it's only 25 for ps 8 and I wager he pays a premium for his ability (which not only gives him extra dice but denies the range 3 defense bonus). This is closer to what the tie advanced should have been to begin with

Does X1 work on Darth Vader?

Yes it does.  FFG has already addressed this question.

The Inquistor will be rolling 3 dice at all ranges with his primary weapon. Slightly less powerful than an Interceptor since you roll 3 at range 1.

That's debatable. Attacks from the Inquisitor never give the defender an extra green die for range or triggers autothrusters. The ship can equip autothusters itself. This is a ship that wants to live at range three of whatever it is fighting. 

Edited by WWHSD

Considering that it lists the ship as TIE Adv. Prototype, I don't think it can take the TIE Advanced x1 title.

This is reinforced by the TIE/v1 title being TIE Adv. Prototype only.

Seeing how they kept the attack at 2 and dropped the Hull by 1 on the Prototype (I also believe FFG knew about the Prototype expansion when they created the Raider), I'm willing to assume that the X1 title will work with ALL Tie Adv.

But you know what they say about assumptions... 

Hrm... I'm going to go out on a limb and say it counts as a completely different ship with its own title. Now lets talk about its role. It shares similarities with the normal Advanced but has one less hull and boost over evade. This world seem to make it a cheaper more fragile alternative but then we look at titles and upgrades. The v1 title gives it a free evade when it gets a TL this combined with its ability to equip autothrusters and low points cost that lets you swarm with them will make it absolutely obnoxious to builds that focus low ship number lists particularly those that rely on turret attacks. So in this way they actually play more like a basic TIE then an advanced but one that is much harder to kill at the cost of attack to points efficiency.

Considering that it lists the ship as TIE Adv. Prototype, I don't think it can take the TIE Advanced x1 title.

This is reinforced by the TIE/v1 title being TIE Adv. Prototype only.

This is more than an assumption, this is a solid argument based in facts.

But what about the TIE Engine Mk.II card Tie Only?  Does this not suggest that anything with "Tie" in the name can take the card? (it can... this has been confirmed)  Would this same logic not be applied to Advanced?   ;)

This thing is the Imperial A-Wing and I'm expecting the cheapest generic to come in around 15-16 points based on the cost of The Inquisitor. I don't think it will take the X1 title because that would make The Inquisitor way too good for a ship that is going to come in at under 30 points. He would basically have a combo HLC/Mangler cannon that ignores Autothrusters.  

Edited by WWHSD

Well it was only a matter of time before they started taking ships from other visual Star Wars cannon such as the spinoff cartoons and Episode 8. But with the announcement of wave 8 I think the possibility of prequel ships are closer than ever.

As for this it is a TIE advance with 1 less hull. I think it will be cheaper allowing you to take 5-6 of them an a 100 point list.

I am surprised that the Imperials are the big losers in wave 8 though. I thought that all factions would have had the same number of ships now that each faction has 10 ships as far as standard ships (not including epic ships)

Speaking of epic ships so the Imperial counterpart for the Rebel Transport is sent it way. That means that there will be a while before S&V gets their huge ship. It also means that each faction will be getting 2 epic ships.

Edited by Marinealver

I am surprised that the Imperials are the big losers in wave 8 though. I thought that all factions would have had the same number of ships now that each faction has 10 ships as far as standard ships (not including epic ships)

I don't think that the Imperials came out poorly in this at all. There are a number of upgrades with nice synergy for existing Imperial ships that are coming with Wave 8. Callus is a great crew option, The Inquisitor is going to be an awesome ship for under 30 points. I'm sure that there are more upgrades that aren't spoiled that will work well on Imperial ships. 

Wasn't there like three tie advenced? The x1 was Vader's, x2 is the beloved Avenger, and x3 the tie defender.

Actually, the Wookiee says the TIE Defender was the x7.

Unfortunately, with the inclusion of the Inquisitor's TIE and with Episode 7 likely to arrive for wave 9 I fear we may never see the Avenger.  Wave 8 was pretty much my last hope of seeing it, and the Inquisitor looks like it may fill the super-Interceptor role that I expected the Avenger to fill.  Who knows, though?  FFG continues to surprise.

Sorry to complain, but are these really any different?   I know the Inquisitor's TIE has slightly more rounded wings, but I figured that was just the animation style of Rebels and teh fact that it was an earlier model....   but come on - it didn't need to be a whole new ship.   I really hope they treat it like an advanced and allow it to equip the advanced title.   Otherwise it just seems silly to have made an all new mold for a ship that is... well, it's the same ship - it just happened to be in a cartoon instead of Episode 4. 

It's not the same ship.

Unfortunately, with the inclusion of the Inquisitor's TIE and with Episode 7 likely to arrive for wave 9 I fear we may never see the Avenger.

Episode 7 is "on the water", they said. It's likely to appear before Wave 8 hits.

That is to say, no Episode 7 X-Wing. They're doing something new for 7 but can't talk about it yet.