Sign in to follow this  
Crabbok

Inquisitor's TIE vs TIE Advanced

Sorry to complain, but are these really any different?   I know the Inquisitor's TIE has slightly more rounded wings, but I figured that was just the animation style of Rebels and teh fact that it was an earlier model....   but come on - it didn't need to be a whole new ship.   I really hope they treat it like an advanced and allow it to equip the advanced title.   Otherwise it just seems silly to have made an all new mold for a ship that is... well, it's the same ship - it just happened to be in a cartoon instead of Episode 4. 

The stats and action line are certainly different.  It's hard to make out the attack and defense dice, but the Inquisitor's TIE has 2 hull, 2 shields, focus, lock, boost, and roll.  At first glance, it appears to be a slight upgrade from a TIE Interceptor (more survivable, trades evade for target lock).  

It's not the exact same ship. It's a prototype of a Tie Advanced. Which was also a prototype. So it is a very early concept ship. But I do see your point. I guess it will be a hybrid of a Tie fighter and a Tie Advanced. Maybe the superior dial of the Tie with a shield and a missile slot? It shot a missile in the show at least.

Sorry to complain, but are these really any different?   I know the Inquisitor's TIE has slightly more rounded wings, but I figured that was just the animation style of Rebels and teh fact that it was an earlier model....   but come on - it didn't need to be a whole new ship.   I really hope they treat it like an advanced and allow it to equip the advanced title.   Otherwise it just seems silly to have made an all new mold for a ship that is... well, it's the same ship - it just happened to be in a cartoon instead of Episode 4. 

The key difference is that one is from a cartoon, and the other one is real.

/thread

Underestimating the game designers much? I think that FFG is aware of this obvious point that the Tie Advanced prototype is similar to the Tie advanced. Lets be optimistic and wait and see. This could have segnors, wierd abilities etc. IF this shows to be a ship shoehorned in by Disney, because both Rebels and Empire from the Rebels show needs representation, don't buy it.

Oh I am optimistic.  In general at least.   What I'm really wondering right now, is what CLASS of ship this will be.   If it is technically still a TIE Advanced - then I'll be happy with it - since that would likely mean that it coudl take the Raider's TIE Advanced upgrades.  If not, then I would be less happy. 

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Inquisitor's_TIE_Advanced

This says it is a TIE Advanced v1 - so I would guess that it can take the X1 title AND Advanced Targetting Computer.  

And this would set a new precedent - because the stats on the ship are slightly different than a TIE Advanced - if this is indeed a TIE ADVANCED and can take the titles, then it allows FFG to make more modified versions of existing ships.   Perhaps a new X-Wing , an X-Wing v2, with a Title that can go on any X-Wing, (be it an original X-Wing, or a V2).  Or a new YT-1300 expansion with a rectangular dish, that can take the existing Falcon title, but with Episode 7 based cards?   Maybe even a scum version of Han Solo as well?!?!?!

Lot's of possibilities here!

Edited by Crabbok

The key difference is that one is from a cartoon, and the other one is real.

*Does Doctor Evil air fingers*... "Real..."

Oh I am optimistic.  In general at least.   What I'm really wondering right now, is what CLASS of ship this will be.   If it is technically still a TIE Advanced - then I'll be happy with it - since that would likely mean that it coudl take the Raider's TIE Advanced upgrades.  If not, then I would be less happy. 

According to people squinting really hard at the pics, it only has two hull instead of three, and has boost and barrel roll.

The Tie x1 title says Tie Advanced only, and the ship in the game is called, is it, Inquisitors ship? So I think in the X-wing game it wont be able to take the title, but time will tell.

The Tie x1 title says Tie Advanced only, and the ship in the game is called, is it, Inquisitors ship?

That's the key thing really. Will this ship be called a Tie Advanced or something else. If it's called something else then no it won't be able to take the dial without some form of errata.

The Inquisitor's ship is called the TIE Advanced v1 prototype.

Did you see that on a card? I'm trying to find a picture that showed the card spread but so far I can't find anything. Anyone have a link?

Edited by VanorDM

Going by the lore, the v1 has no shields, but extra armor plating(covering the solar panels on the wings)

So other than having 0 Shields and 4 Hull, it's functionally the same as the Advanced.

well, it's the same ship - it just happened to be in a cartoon instead of Episode 4. 

It's definitely NOT the same ship, as both ships make an appearance in the same cartoon.

Did you see that on a card? I'm trying to find a picture that showed the card spread but so far I can't find anything. Anyone have a link?

I think he meant in the lore.  Inquisitor's ship model is TIE Advance v1.  Vader's is TIE Advanced x1.

Edited by DarthEnderX

The Tie x1 title says Tie Advanced only, and the ship in the game is called, is it, Inquisitors ship? So I think in the X-wing game it wont be able to take the title, but time will tell.

Wait and see.  The box says "Inquisitor's TIE", but the ship is something else.  Just like the box says "Hound's Tooth" or "Slave I", while the ship cards are YV-666 and Firespray-31.

The stats and action line are certainly different.  It's hard to make out the attack and defense dice, but the Inquisitor's TIE has 2 hull, 2 shields, focus, lock, boost, and roll.  At first glance, it appears to be a slight upgrade from a TIE Interceptor (more survivable, trades evade for target lock).  

Boost, eh?

So it can equip autothrusters natively?  Interesting...