Sign in to follow this  
Danthrax

First photo of Wave 8 from GenCon floor

Obviously, the strategic reason for having them docked is that the TIEs are effectively hyperspace capable.  I don't think it has to play a role other than scenarios.  If they were protected by shields, however, it might be a way of punching fighters through an interceptor screen to attack different parts of the fleet.  Generally, I think, big Epic ships are going to be more vulnerable for the points than TIE fighters, and TIE fighters don't really scream "fleet offense" to me.  

No one has summarized yet. So:

Inquisitor's Tie- small ship, Empire

2/3/2/2

Boost/Barrel roll/Target Lock/Focus

Pilots are PS 2/4/6/8

PS8 pilot has 2 icons in the upgrade bar. We can safely assume that one is EPT. Other one... missile?

Mist hunter- small ship, Scum

3/1/4/4

TL/Evade/Focus

?/?/6/?

4 icons... unclear

Cloak Token! (How?....Title? Modification? EPT?!?!)

Gozanti with 2x Ties - Epic (duh)

5 shields

5 energy tokens

120 degree forward firing arc (ish)

4 special pegs to mount 4 ties to it's belly

The rest is blurred

Punishing One - Large ship, Scum

??????

Ghost- Large w/ rebel Phantom thing- small

??????

Fill in the blanks, people! 

Edited by halfyank

tmp_28428_20150731_1351072046771487.jpg

How the hell are they getting those TIE Fighters to stick in place like that?

I mean, it simplifies the storage/display requirements for the ship - you can smack up to four fighters right into the base of it, but...

How...???

Aren't they just upside down, using their normal stand peg?

I think so.

How the hell are they getting those TIE Fighters to stick in place like that?

I mean, it simplifies the storage/display requirements for the ship - you can smack up to four fighters right into the base of it, but...

How...???

Aren't they just upside down, using their normal stand peg?

I'm a little surprised that the TIEs aren't ESB/RotJ blue, actually.

I understand they're gray in Rebels, and this seems to be roughly concurrent with Wave: Rebels, but I always assumed that WHEN the Gozanti came out, the two TIEs would be blue re-paints. I am excited about new TIE Pilots, though!

That might make it easier to only buy one, actually... Mixed blessing?

Tactically I can't imagine a situation in X-wing where I would want TIE's attached.

Presuming they are covered by the Gozanti's shield?  Or - even better - cannot be directly attacked until they detach?

That's an *easy* answer, then - getting Howlrunner past the initial joust, alive and undamaged.

If you have 40-60 points not involved in the initial joust then it won't matter if Howl is undamaged.
maybe there's a cost discount for having them docked, kinda like the Nashtah Pup only costs 6
Yea. That's close to my only thought. I'm just trying to wrap my head around the commander's thinking.

"Shall we deploy the TIE's, sir?"

"No, they were given to us at a discount. It's only fair that we wait to deploy them until the battle is basically decided."

The assumption that many have is that the nature of deployment will be like the Nashtah pup. Remember this is an epic ship. I'm sure the deployment cost will be based on energy, and laucnhing 4 TIEs may be doable, the cost in enegy will likely be quite high, and not something that can be done till late game.

If the enegry cost is 6-8 to deploy a TIE, you may hace to bank for several turns. Which could mean no firing weapons.

Tactically I can't imagine a situation in X-wing where I would want TIE's attached.

Presuming they are covered by the Gozanti's shield?  Or - even better - cannot be directly attacked until they detach?

That's an *easy* answer, then - getting Howlrunner past the initial joust, alive and undamaged.

If you have 40-60 points not involved in the initial joust then it won't matter if Howl is undamaged.
maybe there's a cost discount for having them docked, kinda like the Nashtah Pup only costs 6
Yea. That's close to my only thought. I'm just trying to wrap my head around the commander's thinking.

"No, they were given to us at a discount. It's only fair that we wait to deploy them until the battle is basically decided."

The way I've thought it should work for a while now is that the Gozanti could have a Deploy action, that allows placing up to 4 Ties within range 1 of its base, and then the ties activate as normal. The advantage here would be the large distance those Ties would get to move, since they get the full move of the carrier, and they activate during the Epic ship activation step. so 2 carriers could deploy an 8 tie swarm and have them end up around 6 range bands from your deployment zone. I don't know if it's a wise move but 8 Ties and two Gozantis makes a pretty cool vanguard attack while the rest of your squad moves in.

I'm a little surprised that the TIEs aren't ESB/RotJ blue, actually.

I understand they're gray in Rebels, and this seems to be roughly concurrent with Wave: Rebels, but I always assumed that WHEN the Gozanti came out, the two TIEs would be blue re-paints. I am excited about new TIE Pilots, though!

That might make it easier to only buy one, actually... Mixed blessing?

They looked blue in the slides at the presentation. These are just unpainted prototypes. 

The way I've thought it should work for a while now is that the Gozanti could have a Deploy action, that allows placing up to 4 Ties within range 1 of its base, and then the ties activate as normal. The advantage here would be the large distance those Ties would get to move, since they get the full move of the carrier, and they activate during the Epic ship activation step. so 2 carriers could deploy an 8 tie swarm and have them end up around 6 range bands from your deployment zone. I don't know if it's a wise move but 8 Ties and two Gozantis makes a pretty cool vanguard attack while the rest of your squad moves in.

Oh hell.  I've been very good and only bought one of each Epic ship so far.  Don't get me started thinking about two Gozantis.

The assumption that many have is that the nature of deployment will be like the Nashtah pup. Remember this is an epic ship. I'm sure the deployment cost will be based on energy, and laucnhing 4 TIEs may be doable, the cost in enegy will likely be quite high, and not something that can be done till late game.

If the enegry cost is 6-8 to deploy a TIE, you may hace to bank for several turns. Which could mean no firing weapons.

Unless those ferried TIEs are free/super discounted, then this is not a deal I'd want.  My epic ship is forced to use all its energy on dropping TIEs (or preparing to do so) instead of powering weapons or using other (presumably) awesome new upgrades?  It'd be better to just bring the TIEs unattached and fly them close enough to the carrier to get the benefits from the upgrades.  But if those ferried fighters are fabulously free?  OK then, maybe it's worth it.

Oh hell.  I've been very good and only bought one of each Epic ship so far.  Don't get me started thinking about two Gozantis.

What if they make the Gozanti just 1 epic point, or have it at 2 but raise the cap to 6. Then you could have 3 Gozantis deploy a full 12 TIE swarm mid field at round 1.

The Ghost is BEEFY !

Might be a one ship show in 100 point list.  Seriously!

Depending upon stats this could be very true! Esp. if they give it primary attack AND secondary in one turn!

Now, the question is, could you do an epic game with the Ghost, a couple of CR-90s, a half dozen A-Wings and have Vader take them all out by himself?