Sign in to follow this  
An Irishman

Nothing Armada #inflight

I wonder at this point if wave 3 is all Episode VII stuff and that's why they can't say anything at all about it today?

You're assuming they can't say anything about it.  Another possibility is that they're just not far along enough to say anything about it.

Everything we know about wave 2 we've basically known since GenCon 2014.

The above post made me think about this. So I looked and you are in fact dead wrong about this.

Wave 2 was annoused at GAMA 2015, which took place in March of this year. So we've actually only known about it for 4 or so months, not a year +. This was still IMO too soon, but considering the issues they've seemed to have, and something they said at GenCon I think something happened to cause wave 2 to be delayed. Someone at GenCon said they were hoping to have it there, but that didn't work out.

yeah, i was pretty sure the gencon 2014 date was wrong

I wonder at this point if wave 3 is all Episode VII stuff and that's why they can't say anything at all about it today?

I suspect this might be why we weren't even teased images

You're assuming they can't say anything about it.  Another possibility is that they're just not far along enough to say anything about it.

Well, they've certainly teased Episode VII X-wing releases*.

*Well, they've said they have something big well underway, but can't say anything about it right now.

If it has anything to do with Eps 7, then no they cannot say anything. But who knows if that's true or not.

in-need-of-an-answer-why-not-both.jpg

Well, they've certainly teased Episode VII X-wing releases*.

*Well, they've said they have something big well underway, but can't say anything about it right now.

Was this quote specifically referring to X-Wing?

My guess this is the case. I don't know where I read it but I recall a specific date in early/mid September as the first date licensees can sell/advertise their EpVII wares. FFG is a business, EpVII is going to be HUGE, and having product ready for the first release date has to certainly be a priority for them.

I suppose a piece of speculation that supports the idea that Wave 3 has Episode VII ships is the vague announcement that Ep VII stuff is coming and they can't say anything about it, while X-Wing and IA have both had their next expansions previewed (and with the RPG just releasing Force and Destiny, it might be too early to be talking about another line for that? Maybe? Maybe not.). Either FFG is creating even more new Star Wars lines, or their new content is for the RPG, or for Armada.

No I'm not - Disney says they (and anybody else) can't say anything about it.  They've declared Sept 4th as the release date for "toy" related announcements for Episode VII.

Also, the CEO says they've got Episode VII products "on the water" implying designed, prototype, play tested, produced products.  They didn't say which product lines this stuff is for - the X-Wing forum here is strongly speculating it's X-wing stuff, but I think Armada stuff is as likely (or in addition).

Bell of Lost Souls recently did an article showing the rankings of various miniatures games and whatnot for the spring 2015 quarter. Armada actually placed 3rd in the list of non-collectibles miniatures lines, right behind X-Wing and Warhammer 40,000. It beat out Warmachine and Hordes, both of which are far older and more established games. In short: Armada is doing very, very well, and yet another feather in the cap of Fantasy Flight. And with good reason! We love this game! :D

Original BoLS post here:

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/07/state-of-the-tabletop-industry-spring-2015.html

No I'm not - Disney says they (and anybody else) can't say anything about it.  They've declared Sept 4th as the release date for "toy" related announcements for Episode VII.

Also, the CEO says they've got Episode VII products "on the water" implying designed, prototype, play tested, produced products.  They didn't say which product lines this stuff is for - the X-Wing forum here is strongly speculating it's X-wing stuff, but I think Armada stuff is as likely (or in addition).

Still trying to figure this one out. It's an interesting situation. No big deal - they will announce something great and I will buy mass quantities of it!  

At least we heard about Wave 8 and it's very cool.  

I'm disappointed there has been no new news, but I'm ok with it. I really hope Armada doesn't turn into X Wing where there is several waves a year release. That just really turned me off from that game. I just can't afford to buy non-stop releases. And Honestly it just waters down the experience in my opinion, especially as a mostly causal player.

Still excited to get Wave 2 when it gets here. No rush on that since my wallet is loving the lack of purchasing.

Edited by Stasy

I'm aware that Disney has embargoed Ep. 7 product announcements.  However, that, plus a lack of any Armada announcements, does not imply that there is a Wave 3 announcement just waiting for people to get their hot little hands on.  There may be, sure.  Or there may not.  The Armada designers could easily be at a point where they're not ready to announce anything, even if it is related to Ep.7.  Their silence tells us nothing more than they didn't have an announcement.

Unfortunately we ran out of Bothans before we could recover any new information.

How will the galactic intelligence community function without Bothan lives to be spent?!?!

don't worry the empire always relied on probe droids anyway :)

Wasn't the release of the Armada line as a "starter" kit always planned to include both starter, Wave 1 and Wave 2 ships (to have variety in the types and sizes of ships) ? I know we don't know for a fact, but they could have staggered the release to see how the line was doing.

Even worse, what is there is no Wave 3 planned ? What if Armada's range ends at Wave 2 :o

Nott the 1st time that FFG has left somber cries of dismay and it will nott be the last...Wave 2 was just a glimmer so that all eyes would be on X-Wings new wave and the long awaited Gozanti-class_cruiser...I can wait till X-Mas if need be to get Wave 2...By then the next wave will be envisioned and the trauma will start all over again...