Sign in to follow this  
Malev Da Shinobi

It isn't dead.

Not I.. 

I'm pretty much a Descent noob to the fullest. 

Only got into games (namely FFG games) this January.

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed from all these announcements. (I also play xwing, armada.. imp assault) I feel the urge to spend money I don't have.

Malev

They do look a bit like them, but they are already in 2nd Edition, so it won't be them.

Hmmm....

I don't know- with the exception of the hair, the two heroes depicted on the box are dead ringers for Jain and Trenloe, clothes and all; I don't see how it could be anyone else.

Edited by Zaltyre

I agree that the art looks a lot like Trenloe and jain. To the point of no doubt... 

Maybe they'll be a companion or sorts? The minis share the same shapes in the sculpts but .... I can't get past the why ? 

Why would they release Trenloe and Jain again? 

Malev

Looks like it.

I found this on BGG https://boardgamegeek.com/image/2609318/soldier

Well, I was hoping for a big box expansion, but I guess this won't be it.

The fact that this appears to be a small box does not make me any less stoked for it. An undead theme could be very cool for custom quests and the like.

Edited by Zaltyre

It's a Small Box. Usually Small boxes depict two heroes. But Manor of Ravens had Warrior and Scout Class expanded in it. This seems like it would also have Warrior and Scout class.

That being said, could there be more lieutenants in it? Are those grey figures actually four lieutenants? In a small box? 

I thought I'd chime in. According to this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHX5_EoFtvg Mists of Bilehall is indeed a Big Box expansion.

Also, I think that those are indeed Jain and Trenloe. I figure this box is following en suite of what the base game did. The heroes on the cover don't necessarily match those in the actual box.

The figures in this picture are new lieutenants. I forget where I read it today (probably BGG), but they said FFG was announcing new lieutenant packs alongside this expansion.

Personally, I'm stoked. A new box expansion is a welcome change from the Hero and Monster collections (not saying I don't like those, they just don't add the tiles and cards and junk that make me squirm with joy). I just hope they include some Cold monsters, we need more of those. More of any kind of monster is nice mind you, but Cold monsters are in some serious need (we've only got 3!)

Also, here's hoping they finally add a condition that requires a test with Awareness, I've been wanting that for a while now (gotta slow those Warriors somehow).

I thought I'd chime in. According to this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHX5_EoFtvg Mists of Bilehall is indeed a Big Box expansion.

Also, I think that those are indeed Jain and Trenloe. I figure this box is following en suite of what the base game did. The heroes on the cover don't necessarily match those in the actual box.

Dice Tower has a pic in the FFG cabinet...

http://twitter.com/thedicetower/status/627172206649458688/photo/1

The figures in this picture are new lieutenants. I forget where I read it today (probably BGG), but they said FFG was announcing new lieutenant packs alongside this expansion.

Personally, I'm stoked. A new box expansion is a welcome change from the Hero and Monster collections (not saying I don't like those, they just don't add the tiles and cards and junk that make me squirm with joy). I just hope they include some Cold monsters, we need more of those. More of any kind of monster is nice mind you, but Cold monsters are in some serious need (we've only got 3!)

Also, here's hoping they finally add a condition that requires a test with Awareness, I've been wanting that for a while now (gotta slow those Warriors somehow).

If this is correct and this is indeed a big box expansion, I'm more than twice as excited for this as before.