Sign in to follow this  
JJs Juggernaut

Jugger's Gen Con Pictures

Is anyone disappointed by home one? It doesn't seem as awesome as it looked in the movies. Also not as bulbous.

This has actually been my first/only concern about the Armada "feels right" scale. I want a side by side shot of the MC80 and the AFMkII before I go all scrunch face on it, but the frigate is such a beefy model that I worry it will be "rounder" or wider than Home One. The goal is a "feels right" scale and that would just feel off to me.

I hope it's just the perspective! Right now Home One makes me laugh... Kind of resembles something that might be scooped from a litter box. :)

Yeah it reminds me of a pickle more than the awesome MC80 Star Cruiser...seems really narrow.

The fluff has changed since I was a kid (I have technical literature from the early 90's indicating that Executor is 8,000km (5 miles) long) but my understanding is that each MonCal Star Cruiser was a unique, beautiful design. I hope we see some variants. If not, the MC80 may be my first mod, ever!

Also, Defiance, unless I am mistaken, was a slightly larger MC90, not an MC80.

Nope, definitely an MC80. Home One style in fact, same as this, and i'm almost certain i have seen a Defiance Title card floating around.

Is anyone disappointed by home one? It doesn't seem as awesome as it looked in the movies. Also not as bulbous.

Yeah it seem like its a little narrow...I would have thought it would be puffed out a little more.

You don't really ever see enough of Home One to get a good idea of its shape size. The model FFG have made is accurate to the models used to make the film. Home One is a very loooooooong ship.

So we know more X-wing is being announced tomorrow. (https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/183648-new-x-wing-ships-to-be-announced-tomorrow-at-ffgs-in-flight-report/?p=1709948)

Anything like this in the Armada case?

It didn't appear there was a slot open for Armada in the display cases, but I'll be checking back daily for updates!

Thanks all for the kind words, it's my pleasure to post these!

I want that non-carboard ruler!

I don't know ... maybe I just haven't played enough, but as cool as the weapon symbols on that ruler are, my brain needs to see the colours of the dice...

I just got 10 packs delivered today from Miniature Market. Got tired of not being able to sleeve my alt cards and all of the Battlelore 2nd Edition stuff I just discovered.  

All of this is ignoring the really important question.

When will Tarot size card sleeves be back in stock?

:D

Nope, definitely an MC80. Home One style in fact, same as this, and i'm almost certain i have seen a Defiance Title card floating around.

Aha! According to Wookiepedia, we are both right! The Defiance I am referring to was an MC90 (the first!) and was featured in the Dark Empire comic series. Which, by the way, was awesome.

So the third round of the National Championships just finished up and I was too hungry to grab a standings picture, 69 players remained. The top player was 29-1. Next was 28-2 and there were one or two players at 27-3. The 16th place was 19-11. Two more rounds to go tomorrow, and though I will be playing I will try to get pics or discription of the winning fleet!

Edited by JJs Juggernaut