Sign in to follow this  
Angelalex242

Yoda Species

I half expected to see this in Force and Destiny, but I haven't seen it yet.

I suspect, at the moment, the nearest approximation is Drall...

But it might be nice to have a proper write up for everyone who feels like talking backwards all session long.

Je'Dai Yoda is actually the last member of the original force wielding race that founded the Jedi Order. Sadly the Sith wiped them all out except for Yoda who survived for 500 years on sheer willpower alone to finally get his vengeance by eradicating the Sith.

IIRC, in the comics there was another "Yoda" in the Council... with hair xD

Not just the comics; the movie, KOTOR, SWTOR...there have been a few of Yoda's species, all of them Jedi Masters when shown.  Only Yoda has the odd "german syntax" to his sentence structure.  The other's of his race spoke normally.

Yoda's species is never likely to ever be said, revelaed,etc. At least, that was the aforementioned mandate under Lucas.

Who knows, tho.  Maybe one of the Anthology films will be a backstory tale about his younger days.

I dont know if the rules have changed under the reign of Disney, but Lucas straight out said "No background, no species - ever - for Yoda."

So unless Disney no longer cares, we'll never see more Yodas.

`image.png?w=429&c=1

Female of Yoda's species picture

That's just Yoda on a Saturday night.

I like the idea that Yoda is just this weird muppet that no one knows the history of. I think it adds a nice weight to the character.

Yep, he's basically there to demonstrate that the Force is something much deeper and undermine the assumption that a Jedi Master must be this great and powerful warrior . . . which then gets completely undermined in Episode II by revealing him to be this great and powerful warrior.  :mellow: