Sign in to follow this  
spr5858

So Whats Next for Arkham????

I would like to see two more products from Arkham Horror. First, an At the Mountains of Madness Expansion. Mutant Penguin monster chits FTW. After this, a "medium box" expansion that ties all the expansions together. More Exhibit Items and events to get them, more cult encounters, a few more next act cards, more events in the other cities, and more cards that spawn gates in other cities. I always play with all the expansions as I am too lazy to seperate the cards all the time, and the dilution effect is quite noticable, but games are still fun as you don't know what is going to happen. It would just be cooler if the act was a legitimate threat or id the Dunwitch Horror had a chance to spawn at all.

@Dark Kami  Wait a second, aren't you the guy who used to have the pale faced jester photo?  If my memory serves me correctly, your new image is much more fitting for your name ;'D and also, yeah, you'd've checked the custom content.  Have you seen what I made in the last week?  I made two things, both of which you may have fun with (but I love the worm— you'll see).

Girathon said:

I would like to see two more products from Arkham Horror. First, an At the Mountains of Madness Expansion. Mutant Penguin monster chits FTW. After this, a "medium box" expansion that ties all the expansions together. More Exhibit Items and events to get them, more cult encounters, a few more next act cards, more events in the other cities, and more cards that spawn gates in other cities. I always play with all the expansions as I am too lazy to seperate the cards all the time, and the dilution effect is quite noticable, but games are still fun as you don't know what is going to happen. It would just be cooler if the act was a legitimate threat or id the Dunwitch Horror had a chance to spawn at all.

For the Dunwich Horror, there are two really easy ways to add to the threat.  Have monsters spawn double on gates outside of the main town of Arkham (even if you're playing a team of under five), and the second one is have monsters that go into the Innsmouth vortices also add to the Dunwich track.  You could do vice versa as well, but I'd imagine you don't want to make the Innsmouth track even *more* annoying ;')

As for fixing the act deck, there's a very easy way.  Whenever you draw an act card and do not return it, roll a die.  On a 1, or a 1-2, or a 1-3 (depending on how risky you'd like your games to be), draw another one.  Personally, I'd make it a 1.  I wouldn't want *too* many games to be shattered because of drawing it.

Unfortunately, I can't think of an easy way to allow exhibit items back in the game (perhaps you could allow investigators to draw one for the price of five dollars at the magic shop, but only if the terror level is at five or higher— that way it can't be harvested for the Elder Scrolls easily, and it won't see play *too* often, but it won't be almost completely out of the game as it is now).

As for cult encounters, you could make a house rule so that investigators could trade five (or ten) toughness worth of trophies at the Woods,  Black Cave, or Unvisited island and draw a cult card instead of having an encounter ;'D

BADDABING!

Guest Not In Sample

@Avi

Yes that was me. I decided to change it because I have become changed.

This will be the last post I make in the FFG forums until Runewars. I have decided to take a break from my beloved company. I feel so disconnected with them. I just purchased the new Descent Quest Compendium. The manager of the store wrapped it in plastic after hearing bad reviews about it from other players. I could not look in the book ahead of time and I did not know it was out. Guess I missed the announcement between all the warhammer articles. So while I was there I read the back and saw that Kevin and other well known names had worked on it, it became an instant purchase. Little did I know about the glaring errors in it. I don't like to play Mr. Meany but I would like an apology for the blatant lack of care that went in to that book.

Moving on. I don't like how other companies like Days of Wonders are able to remain steady with just 12 games (not including expansions) and FFG finds it necessary to produce 50+ board games (not including expansions), acquire MAJOR company licenses such as Blizzard, Disney, and Games Workshop. And produce constant errors that should not be allowed in such a major company. FFG is not the little almost failed euro comic company that could anymore. 

The final reason and most important to me for making this decision was when I got an official email from FFG telling me they no longer want me supporting certain products (out of respect I will not name them) with outside articles. 

Sorry guys but that last one is a biggy for me. So I wish you guys the best. I will be back when Runewars releases. I got started with Battlemist maybe Battlemist 2 would be a good place for FFG to change back to the good days. I will still buy FFG products such as Sea of Blood and Frozen Waste, but I won't be visiting the forum for a while. In other words don't bother responding to me. 

I wish you guys the best. Out of all the threads I was apart of this one has the best community. I love the custom fan creations. I just wish Kevin or Richard would post some that they have created for their gaming groups. Later and thanks for all the hard work you do to keep the community alive. Don't stop.

Wow... that's why people who believe in god scare me. Because the greater is the object of faith, the more violent actions can become...

FFG = fantasy flight "games" = games = play = fun. Fun. That is, enjoying it  :)  I love FFG ! Keep on, woohoo !

(the only reason I'd leave here would be if Dam was going to be a moderator....... :D )

Dam said:

Hem said:

(the only reason I'd leave here would be if Dam was going to be a moderator....... :D )

Aah, something to aspire towards, less Frenchies around partido_risa.gif !

Don't leave Hem, join the revolution! ;'D

Join the Silver Line Games Lodge, have a FFG Membership Card, then pass a Forum Trolling Check with a -4 penalty because Dam is stiring in his ice cold slumber in the north mountains of madness, if you succeed, Hem the french duck successfuly gets to the crown of command and all the avi dreader, tibs, corinthian, mageith, dj2.0 and jgt7771 reveal all themselves as frackin cylon leaders !!! Arrrgg !!! I play too much ! I'm turning into a geek...

(all that messy geeky gibberish to say : no matter what is next for arkham, that'll be sweet ! we'll stay ffg fans ! so FFG : bring it on, hell, its about time !)

Hem said:

Wow... that's why people who believe in god scare me. Because the greater is the object of faith, the more violent actions can become...

FFG = fantasy flight "games" = games = play = fun. Fun. That is, enjoying it :) I love FFG ! Keep on, woohoo !

Wow, top-quality theological commentary and semantic analysis in the same post! lengua.gif

As for what's next for the game: I'd like to see tiny holographic versions of all the monsters, a magnetic "travel edition" which fits into a matchbox, and a mod which makes it possible to play Arkham Horror on a Monopoly board. But I bet those ideas are just too intense and unorthodox for the stuffed shirts at FFG Games!

FFG just canceled the mini. Hmm, I can't say I'm really sad, wasn't going to buy them anyway. My biggest concern was that I would take a long time before all investigators were released, and what's the point of using mini if you don't have all of them?

What I would want to see would be another small expansion. Chtulu is the most well-know of lovecraft creation, so why not create an expansion based on him? Hasn't there be a whole family of chtulu-like AO created by some author of the Mythos?

A Mountain of Madness expansion is an awesome idea too. Bring it on!

I can't believe they sucked the mythos dry already. There must be some things left to expand upon.

As for when, FFG just released an expansion 2-3 months ago. Give them time. An expansion a year is probably the ideal, bussiness-wise. AH is not The Sims. But these hidden box on the home page. Could one of them be AH-related?