Sign in to follow this  
Redblock

New FFG article with spoiler

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/7/27/wave-vii-scum-and-villainy/

They finnaly spoil last HoundsTooth pilot, Moralo, and he has a thing for cannons :D

No EPT though which kind of kills him for me. Still though, a 180 4 dice platform for 41 points isn't too shabby.

I really, really like the Xizor squadron.

Edited by Jo Jo

Alex is design visionary and make this game balanced and awesome - I am very impressed by X-wing designers. Alex and FFG team - if you read this - You should know that You did a really great job! Creating 7th wave for x-wing with maximum diveristy, revitalising ships like tie adv - amazing work, I personaly wish such good and complex design for LCG games... congrats, You earn that ;-)

A couple details on the Nashtah Pup.

- Can be deployed either from the front or back. I suspect this is a 1 movement template deployment situation. Either that, or the ship will come with a special deployment template.

- Does not attack on the turn it's deployed. So if your YV hasn't shot yet, it still won't shoot that turn.

Jacob

so...with that PS 6 well never EVER need a scum YT-1300 or YT-2400 :lol: I mean, rngesus!  that thing is nasty (4 dice all around!). Move the **** over, Bossk, this *******'s taking your job.

also, sad our special K isn't the flying car looking thing in the art :(

Edited by ficklegreendice

Hmmm, reading the part about the Pup: "Although it can't attack the turn that it deploys and maneuvers away from the front or back of the Hound's Tooth..."

So it maneuvers away the same turn it's deployed? Maybe you pick a Z-95 dial maneuver, put the template on the front or back of the Tooth, and put the Pup on the end of template?

That would make it much harder to block, even if it's front or back, a 1 straight would not be hard for swarmy lists to just block completely, but a whole Z-95 dial would be nigh impossible.

Edited by imprezagoatee

Hmmm, reading the part about the Pup: "Although it can't attack the turn that it deploys and maneuvers away from the front or back of the Hound's Tooth..."

So it maneuvers away the same turn it's deployed? Maybe you pick a Z-95 dial maneuver, put the template on the front or back of the Tooth, and put the Pup on the end of template?

That would make it much harder to block, even if it's front or back, a 1 straight would not be hard for swarmy lists to just block completely, but a whole Z-95 dial would be nigh impossible.

I saw that as well, but I'd guess that the maneuver is restricted to certain templates, such as 1-straight and 1-bank.

so...with that PS 6 well never EVER need a scum YT-1300 or YT-2400 :lol: I mean, rngesus!  that thing is nasty (4 dice all around!). Move the **** over, Bossk, this *******'s taking your job.

also, sad our special K isn't the flying car looking thing in the art :(

Bossk has an ept, keeping him viable.

Not doubt that Eval will be fun, though.

That would explain why it comes with the dial, kinda. Cool idea.

I saw that as well, but I'd guess that the maneuver is restricted to certain templates, such as 1-straight and 1-bank.

That sounds a little too limiting.  Mathwing said before the upgrade should be worth around 3 points. Those other 3 points, hopefully, will come from how far and away you can deploy it. If you could place it anywhere the Z-95 dial would let you (taking stress and the like from the k-turn or debris) then I could see where the other 3 points came from.

Also, Moralo looks awesome! Ability is great, I want one Hounds repainted like that ship.

Edited by MegaSilver

Wait. A 180-degree turret mount? Paging ParaGoombaSlayer! Please come want us how our game is about to be ruined before we all make foolish purchases.  :rolleyes:

Dr ParaGoomba isn't in right now, but if you'd like to sign up for his revolutionary class, "learning the difference between 180°and 360°", please leave your name, number and YT-class after the beep

*BEEP*

Hound's Tooth is nowhere near as defensive as the other big ships. Just based on the pilot abilities, I believe this ship is just meant to be very aggressive, dishing as much damage out as possible. My kind of ship.

Also, no maneuvering fins spoiler, or ion thingy.

Moralo Eval is the closest thing to a stationary weapon platform as the game allows, attacking with his Heavy Laser Cannon for four dice in a full 180-degree arc while Palob Godalhi's Wingman allows him to clear the stress of his Speed "0" maneuver round after round. 

Ummm... did we know that the YV-666 had a '0' maneuver?