Sign in to follow this  
Danthrax

New FAQ and Tournament Rules uP (July 24, 2015)

"Q: Can a ship decloak or perform a boost or barrel roll that
would cause it to go outside the play area (and thus flee
the battlefield)?

A: No. A ship cannot decloak or perform a boost or barrel roll if this would
cause its base to go outside the play area."

IT'S ABOUT **** TIME. No more "oh no, my ace pilot just randomly accidentally fled the battle".

Now let's get Boost for Large ships to mirror the change to Barrel Roll and we'll be all set...

Not going to happen, IG-88 will vaporize anyone who makes such a suggestion.

I was hoping they would implement partial points scoring but I guess the 75 minute round mandate will still help curtail the dominance of points fortresses.

It's been that way, and it hasn't. :(

In addition, their tournament software is not robust enough to handle partial points. Neither is Cryodex for that matter. Not unless the players and TO are very good at avoiding errors calculating points by hand. Edited by MajorJuggler

Hot shot counts as as secondary weapon! meaning we can use it for extra munitions!

When you equip this card, place 1 ordnance token on each equipped [Torpedo], [Missile], and [bomb] Upgrade card. When you are instructed to discard an Upgrade card, you may discard 1 ordnance token on that card instead.

Hot shot counts as as secondary weapon! meaning we can use it for extra munitions!

I want you to be correct, but doesn't Extra Munitions have the symbols that it works with printed on the card?

If extra munitions works with the illicit slot generally, I'd be very happy! 2 glitterstems! 2 inertial dampeners! Suddenly the Virago title becomes very interesting.

When you equip this card, place 1 ordnance token on each equipped [Torpedo], [Missile], and [bomb] Upgrade card. When you are instructed to discard an Upgrade card, you may discard 1 ordnance token on that card instead.

good call :/

you guys have missed the biggest tourney rule change.  

The first tie breaker to make the cut is now head to head.  I think it will come into play more than people think in the smaller events, and will help to alleviate the MOV problems.

That's not a change... I don't think?

FAQ doesn't go live until August 15th. Someone at Nationals can still stack 3 tacticians on a decimator with expert handling and barrel off the board.

Disappointing, but a good catch.

========= FAQ This!

100 points Pilots ------

Captain Oicunn (50) VT-49 Decimator (42), Expert Handling (2), Tactician (2), Tactician (2), Tactician (2)

Omicron Group Pilot (25) x 2 Lambda-Class Shuttle (21), Tactician (2), Tactician (2)

Edited by ViscerothSWG

I noticed the newest alteration to Daredevil where it says it ALWAYS is a white maneuver.  You don't suppose this is to prevent other effects from turning it into a green maneuver to relieve stress or more likely trigger other effects that rely on a green maneuver.  It's come a long ways since it was just a red hard one.

Although far less relevant wouldn't that mean it also gets to be used on Canons?  GREAT, now Munitions Failure has to hit a ship twice to kill its gun.

If they specifically ban wave 7 at nationals does that mean wave 7 will actually be available there? I'm not going but it'll be nice to have the rest of the cards spoiled!

Oh, I'm sure it will be. FFG probably will airlift some Wave 7 just to sell at GenCon.

FAQ doesn't go live until August 15th. Someone at Nationals can still stack 3 tacticians on a decimator with expert handling and barrel off the board.

Disappointing, but a good catch.

Yeah, definitely a good catch. I edited a notation about that into the OP.

Edited by Danthrax

man, the tactician limitation is a bunch of ****

if there was one thing that could threaten the reign of 2-ship builds, it'd be back to back stress stacking space-sand-crawlers

imagine, soontir 2-shot and cheri out-diced. it would've been lovely :(

Edited by ficklegreendice

That first line been known for some time, because of the Attack header. However, it does not qualify for Extra Munitions since it's an Illicit Upgrade.

if there was one thing that could threaten the reign of 2-ship builds, it'd be back to back stress stacking space-sand-crawlers

I was hoping to double- or triple-down on some Tacticians for that reason, but frankly the Conner Net alone is adequate substitution for me.

I imagine that the Trandoshan Stressor with 3 Tacticians for only 35 points was a bit ridiculous in testing. Now I don't need to buy two more Phantoms I guess.  ^_^

I actually thought for about a year into playing X-wing that you couldn't boost or barrel roll off the board. I just assumed that it worked like obstacles. Now I am glad they actually brought the two rules inline. Makes the game a bit more forgiving for newer players and for large based ships.  <_<

Edited by Jo Jo

the problem with conner is it's temporary

sure, it'll bag you a soontir in a turn no problemo, but the fatasses that roam the board are going to be slipping and sliding without issue the turn after it's been cast

multiple stress tends to stick around a bit more, and while PWTs really care about stress the least compared to other ship in the game (maybe not tycho?) it's still nice to shut off boosts and evades (title or isanne) even if you can't do **** about 360 fire (it's "I can't change my facing? What does facing matter?" and then either "wtf are red manuevers?" or "I can't k turn? la-ti-*******-da"), predator, gunner, pilot ability etc.

I'm certain I'll enjoy the punisher and K-wing a great deal; just sad to see the generic YV-666 getting gutted right out the gate

*forgot about gunner + bossk. If the price difference between the generic and the PS 5 is significant enough, anyway

Edited by ficklegreendice

========= FAQ This!
100 points Pilots ------
Captain Oicunn (50) VT-49 Decimator (42), Expert Handling (2), Tactician (2), Tactician (2), Tactician (2)
Omicron Group Pilot (25) x 2 Lambda-Class Shuttle (21), Tactician (2), Tactician (2)

How about "FAQ NO!" or "Get the FAQ out of here!"

Adding 'limited' to Tactician seems to be a continuation of the philosophy behind the cloak nerf.  The philosophy being "We're not afraid to come out and actually change how a printed card works on a fundamental level by completely adding or changing text"

I think this is giving them too much credit.  There are still far too many rulings that are completely contradictory to the actual printed cards to think that FFG has turned over some new leaf.  Yes, they'll do it, but that's not actually anything new...  They've always been willing to make a few real errata, but just because-I-said-so rule the others.  I like to think it's a bloody gladiatorial deathmatch - seven errata enter, one errata leaves...

just sad to see the generic YV-666 getting gutted right out the gate

Yeah, I mean... There is nothing game breaking about the ability to feed a person 3 stress and 1 ion in 1 attack and deny actions for at the minimum 4 turns... Nothing wrong with that at all... But can you help me find the part in the FAQ where it said they were "gutting" the YV before release??? I mean, I saw a small nerf to Tactician but that has absolutely zero to do with the YV at all... I must be missing something, I'm sure you can help...

I'm all for breaking the meta completely open, not breaking the game...

I'm curious why they didn't just make a ruling that Tactician does not stack with itself using the precedence of the 'single opportunity' rule. Seems like it would have been easier than chaging the text on the printed card. In fact, they could do that across the entire game and really limit the possibility of broken combos in the future

There is a precedential ruling that different copies of the same card trigger differently.  They probably didn't want to undo that rule just for Tactician, when there was an easier solution.