Sign in to follow this  
TwizztheHunter

2 decimators

This was my build for the latest Store tournament I went to. I tabled my opponents all 4 rounds and did not lose a ship myself, this seems to be viable list for maybe attempting a regional tourney?

Captain Oicunn

Predator

Mara Jade

Ysanne Isard

Patrol Leader

Darth Vader

Gunner

Several people have told me that I should swap Mara Jade for Rebel Captive, but I don't see the benefit of only stressing one ship when I can easily bury most of their fleet in stress with Mara since I am purposefully crashing into them anyways every turn.

Thoughts, Ideas or constructive criticisms?

I played against a list like this or possibly exactly like this at the weekend.

Its a very little skill list with the potential to break the game.

You could and probably will end up with 2 sets of lists at tournaments now.

1 that will counter this or multiples of this list.

The Vader component means that the Deci he is in needs to get taken down asap.

The guy who took this list won all his rounds at the weekend but did lose the Vader ship twice but no one was able to cause enough damage to kill them both.

How does it fare against Fat Han with both C3PO and R2D2? I have a similar build with RAC, Ysanne, Rebel Captive, Engine Upagrade and Patrol/Vader. It does good against most foes but Han is a major problem.

I would not forsee a fat Han with R2D2 as being an issue as I don't think you could do enough damage to kill the **** things off before they killed you.

I might try 4 x B Wings (3 with Manglers) against it but even at that you will spend 2 rounds getting the shields down on average and he will have taken the shields off a B dooming it. So you are then down to 3 B's.

Can I just say that in my game v this list I could not have flown any worse with Scum Boba and Kath.

It might not be as good as it looked but it certainly is formidable.

Had the Vader upgrade worked in such a way that you had to damage in order to use his ability then it would be a more balanced list.

I've flown a similar list and I prefer to have the Gunner on Oicunn, as it synergies well with Predator and makes up for his loss of actions.

Yep, I agree. Maybe this then:

Oicunn (Predator, Gunner, Ysanne)

Patrol Leader (Vader, Rebel Captive)

100 points

I have beaten a double decimator build similar to this 2 times with my brobot build equipped with HLC staying in range 2-3 and getting awesome dodge rolls destroyed the deci with vader in 2-3 turns and I only lost 4 shields between my ships I think I lose 3 on B and 1 on C

Wouldn't Daredevil be better instead of Preditor? That way you can ram twice a round :D

You could do that once or twice per game, Predator is active all game - provided you do not take an Injured Pilot crit. :)