Sign in to follow this  
stmack

New C-3PO and R2-D2 previews

Interesting, hard not to compare them to officers, C-3PO's defensive bonus is nice and R2-D2's bonus command cards can definitely come in handy, especially when denying them or using that other command card to fish out a powerful one.

Movement of 3 is too slow to cap objectives in most cases, so they're pretty specialized in what they do.

could you use C3P0 inform ability twice in one turn? 

If you use the 'Single Purpose' command card. Otherwise I don't think so. 

Correct, it's still a Special Action Ability and Special Action Abilities can only be used once per turn [RRGp2].

So other than space considerations did we really need two cards for R2?   There are no command cards in campaign, so that ability is useless.  Are there tech tests in Skirmish?  I haven't memorized every mission.

Correct, it's still a Special Action Ability and Special Action Abilities can only be used once per turn [RRGp2].

So other than space considerations did we really need two cards for R2?   There are no command cards in campaign, so that ability is useless.  Are there tech tests in Skirmish?  I haven't memorized every mission.

There are no tests in skirmish and also no command cards in campaign. I think it makes sense to have two different cards. 

So other than space considerations did we really need two cards for R2? There are no command cards in campaign, so that ability is useless. Are there tech tests in Skirmish? I haven't memorized every mission.

2 cards to have text space instead of fitting all in 1 card, skirmish has no tests, plus I can see we will be getting campaign only deployment cards and skirmish only in the future.

But the most exciting is R2 with repairs "vehicle" meaning bikes maybe snow-speeder unless it's too big.

Edited by Salex215

So other than space considerations did we really need two cards for R2? There are no command cards in campaign, so that ability is useless. Are there tech tests in Skirmish? I haven't memorized every mission.

2 cards to have text space instead of fitting all in 1 card, skirmish has no tests, plus I can see we will be getting campaign only deployment cards and skirmish only in the future.

But the most exciting is R2 with repairs "vehicle" meaning bikes maybe snow-speeder unless it's too big.

I've got a feeling a rebel vehicle is inevitable now. But they're probably also just covering their bases on the rules wording for the Service ability. Maybe an Imperial will have the service ability in the future. 

Speeders/bikes seem like they'd be so odd in this kind of game, the maps just don't seem big enough.

I completely agree. 

Speeder Bike: Speed 12. 

Deadly Fast: After performing a move, roll a red die and suffer that much damage because it's way too fast and you ran into stuff. :P 

I like both R2D2 and C3PO for campaign, I think they are definitely worth the 2-3 threat (R2D2 is more mission dependent tho).

I really like C3PO for skirmish, especially once wave 4 hits and 9/10 act rebels becomes a thing.

My first impression is that I don't love R2D2 in skirmish, but will have to see him on the table. I suppose you could possibly build a squad that focuses on command card advantage.

I've got a feeling a rebel vehicle is inevitable now. But they're probably also just covering their bases on the rules wording for the Service ability. Maybe an Imperial will have the service ability in the future. 

Vehicles already exist technically speaking - AT-ST anyone?

Edited by nathankc

Vehicles already exist technically speaking - AT-ST anyone?

Probably more an issue of 'too fast' with a snow speeder.  It would fit well enough in a 3x2 but, unless it was parked, it would have a speed of "A LOT*" and mobile.  Limiting it to a game appropriate speed would make it seem like a tank.

*(On a 2m grid, with a 6 second round, 1km/h == 500 squares/hr == 0.83 squares/round.  Their top speed is several hundred times that, and I'd imagine they've also got a considerable minimum speed unless they're taxiing around the battlefield)

I think I'm going to have to try run 3PO alongside Chewbacca. Defensive buffs both ways, and Chewie is getting a super powerful attack out of it. Just a matter of managing 3PO's slow speed. 

Just need to release that backpack modification...

So does Single Purpose not seem incredible with Brutality?  An officer tells Vader to move, and then he releases the beatstick.

It's Droid only. Vader, while more machine than man, is not a droid. 

No, it's Any Figure.

People really need to check their facts before they spout misinformation.