Gadge

The Concise/Collected Repaints Thread. Keep Them All Here, Keep Em Visible.

Hello all, first post, but I just picked up a core set with the t70 and two new ties, and the rebel aces, and tie defender just to play with at home with my fiancee' and we are slowly getting into the game itself, but the first thing I wanted to do was mess around and recolor most of the ships, at least for the rebel side. I painted the T-70 to look more like a T-65, but still retain the large fields of color on the wings. The A wing, I repainted red, and dirtied it up significantly more, and made the yellow on the engines a little brighter. I am totally new to this and it was my first try repainting a miniature.

I really like the weathering effect a lot! Heavy weathering always looks good on Star Wars ships in my opinion, very nice effort especially for a first time!

Very nice! I'd like to put together a similar little squadron eventually myself. Any plans to include illustrious Red Leader?

Thanks, and yes, but the only other X-Wing I've got is the Rebel Transport one that I don't really want to tinker around with... As soon as I get another, I'll paint up a Garven Dreis x-wing...

Edited by howieloader

Here are my Transformers Decepticon inspired paintjobs on my Scum and Villany fleet

Scum-01_zpsgywb8xsb.jpg

scum02_zpsuuwpl138.jpg

thundercracker_zpsuxgppfyo.png

skywarp_zps6m8sjanh.png

breakdown_zps6slbwjkr.png

divebomb_zpsckqwi3wj.png

venom_zpsb8trnwdd.png

More here:

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/180259-more-than-meets-the-eye-a-wretched-fleet-of-scum-and-villainy/

If only you'd figured out a Soundwave to do Buzzsaw and Lazerbeak!  I LOVE that Skywarp!!

Hey Guys.

Good to see Some of you are still trying to keep some form of Painting Forum Alive.

Thought I would post a couple of Pics, 

Although I have posted these on my own Column....it wont be long before it disappears into this Forum....Now we don't have our own painting section.

Any way,

Here is a couple of my Repaints and Heavy conversions.

Great to see other models you guys are doing....no better inspiration than each other  :D

21_zps5t2qt82k.jpg

2_zpsawq8kcip.jpg

0_zpsguv1ekis.jpg

20_zpsyxr3giqb.jpg

5_zps4uvq6ghr.jpg

12_zpsexcbiqo3.jpg

6_zpszgd3ofnp.jpg

10_zpsqz2joewl.jpg

1_zpshophvdgl.jpg

Looking forward to seeing what you Guys come up with  ;)

All the best,

Barry.

Well I won't come up with something as unique and awesome as that.  Your YT-2400 is the best I've seen anyone do and I happen to love my own YT-2400... but now I'm ashamed it even exists and may stomp on it when I get home.  I live all the wing conversions- so subtle and yet so profound.  Bravo!

Here are my Transformers Decepticon inspired paintjobs on my Scum and Villany fleet

Scum-01_zpsgywb8xsb.jpg

scum02_zpsuuwpl138.jpg

More here:

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/180259-more-than-meets-the-eye-a-wretched-fleet-of-scum-and-villainy/

If only you'd figured out a Soundwave to do Buzzsaw and Lazerbeak!  I LOVE that Skywarp!!

Next on the paintingtable is a YV-666 that will be in a soundwave scheme and another Z-95 in a Laserbeak scheme as the Nastha pup

Hello Makweisel.

Don't go Stamping on your YT !  :o

Be proud of your work, every little thing that anyone does to there models makes it individual.

in fact........show it off.

its always nice to see new conversions.

thanks for the comments my friend.

All the best,

Barry.

Scum-01_zpsgywb8xsb.jpg

scum02_zpsuuwpl138.jpg

More here:

Next on the paintingtable is a YV-666 that will be in a soundwave scheme and another Z-95 in a Laserbeak scheme as the Nastha pup

Wicked.  If only it could have a Ravage-themed AT-AT  to deploy...

I already had a pretty good level of respect for those who contribute to this thread. After combining my first ever x wing repaint with a conversion as well, this has increased somewhat. Painting at this scale is tricky! Here is my first attempt, a couple of M3A Scyks who have been upgunned.

IMG_4143_zpsyrytyw4s.jpg