Gadge

The Concise/Collected Repaints Thread. Keep Them All Here, Keep Em Visible.

and a pair of Binayre Pirates!

N0doqTol.jpg

Oh man. Did you freehand that?? They look great.

They were both created by www.imagereplicas.com - he's available for commission work I believe - does amazing work although as you might imagine he does charge a bit. I believe most of the detail work there was done by decals. 

Thought I would post up a few of my repaints-

Corran Horns X wing T65:
(still trying to get the corsec emblem done haven't been happy with the test for it so far)

11047916_10153193638761239_3966206372909

12063616_10153193638781239_1374133848537

Green squadron A wing:
12088500_10153193638756239_4242040574259

Biryani Pirates:

11137190_10153193638831239_5932862686869
12074681_10153193638836239_8142701687860

The Andrasta:

(has had shade edging done on the red since I took these but the 'pin up' needs some work, particularly around the face)

12039653_10153193638851239_4672197413511

12072583_10153193638856239_3016143052404

Reposting my daughter's Rebels Season 2 B-wing 

Rebels%20Season%202%20B-wing_zpsjld9qdtp

Congratulate your Daughter........this B Wing looks fantastic !

Haven't had chance to catch the Rebel's Episode with the B wing in yet.

and after seeing this repaint.....I really want to see it now.

And paint up one of my B Wings.

job well done.

all the best,

Barry.

Please embed the photos from those linked posts into a single post via editing and snip the other two posts. It is possible to edit posts you've already made. Also, it is generally frowned upon to make double or triple posts.

Please tell me how to embed pictures into these posts.     Is there directions on how to do it?     I cannot figure it out?

There's an option in your reply options to post a link to a photo... So click on it, cut the link to where your pictures are, paste it in the box, and you should be good to go...

I have them on drop box and my hard drive neither of them work.   Any other recommendations of where to post them?

Please embed the photos from those linked posts into a single post via editing and snip the other two posts. It is possible to edit posts you've already made. Also, it is generally frowned upon to make double or triple posts.

Please tell me how to embed pictures into these posts.     Is there directions on how to do it?     I cannot figure it out?

There's an option in your reply options to post a link to a photo... So click on it, cut the link to where your pictures are, paste it in the box, and you should be good to go...

I have them on drop box and my hard drive neither of them work.   Any other recommendations of where to post them?

I use Photobucket.

Its free.

and its easy.

you download your photos from your files onto there online "cloud"

go to Photobucket, set up a free account, name a file.

save your photos to it,

then......

use the share link on each photo which then copies the file for you,

then just paste it here when your doing or starting a new topic...or replying.

its easier than it sounds.

all the best,

Barry.

Edited by Barry Harker

Commissioned another set of ships from www.imagereplicas.com - I wanted him to put together a nice TIE Phantom and E-Wing since I tend to fly Whisper and Corran Horn a fair bit. 

The E-Wing design is based on MacrossV1's excellent work here: https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/133652-macrossvf1s-corner-of-paint-and-plasticard/page-5#entry1644846- like him, I always felt like the original design was a little lacking, especially with the stubby gun on top. An extra intake was discussed which might have it look a little like a Viper from Battlestar Galactica, but in the end it was decided to stick with the third gun:

xSbsquCl.jpg

I was a little lazy and didn't break out the tripod so things got a little blurry. I'm really happy with the results the artist was able to achieve though!

qERCgbUl.jpg

The other ship I asked him to build was based on this piece of card art for the Shadow Squadron Pilot which I've always liked:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/23/46/31/234631f76decb3c2bc6bb168aa768ebe.jpg

Everyone seems to gravitate towards cloak/decloak effects for their Phantom repaints but I don't really like the idea of a model that always looks like it's in the middle of an action - I did love that backlit cockpit though. 

I really like how it came out!

uTPRCrjl.jpg

xGZkD6rl.jpg

You can't really tell with my photography but he actually put a little pilot in there and everything!

21180762653_21e432030d_c.jpg

21613959918_8b1167dd2c_c.jpg

Bought a US infantry Tamiya kit and mounted the M2 on my Decimator with a Space Marine bit I found in my spare tray. Personally, I think the gun looks more fitting than its stock itty-bitty turrets. I also nicknamed her the "Deuce Goose". Still need to paint it up and higlight the details, but I've been busy lately.

Hello all, first post, but I just picked up a core set with the t70 and two new ties, and the rebel aces, and tie defender just to play with at home with my fiancee' and we are slowly getting into the game itself, but the first thing I wanted to do was mess around and recolor most of the ships, at least for the rebel side. I painted the T-70 to look more like a T-65, but still retain the large fields of color on the wings. The A wing, I repainted red, and dirtied it up significantly more, and made the yellow on the engines a little brighter. I am totally new to this and it was my first try repainting a miniature.

20151004_163955_zpsruabrs7z.jpg

20151003_180027_zpshlszcacl.jpg

20151003_180006_zpszjud9fh7.jpg

Bumping the thread with an update or two.

*Edit 071015* I almost forgot to paint the 'teeth' markings that truly set the Pup apart from other Zeds. D'oh! Well, I've fixed that now and uploaded new pictures.

NashtahFin4_2.jpg

NdruCom1Fin4.jpg

Go to my blog or my forum thread for the rest of the pictures.

Edited by MacrossVF1