Gadge

The Concise/Collected Repaints Thread. Keep Them All Here, Keep Em Visible.

Soooooo... has anyone figured out how to cut out the Phantom from the current VCX-100 model and make the separate shuttle model that comes with it dockable? :P

I saw a thread where someone was doing that, but now I can't find it (someone else PLEASE post the thread)

Yea I can't find it either but definitely someone was working it. (unless we are both having the same hallucination) 

I like the blue paint, that may just be what I was looking for!

Also, Hammerheads, when will we get them in Epic or Armada even. I have always loved those even in KOTOR

Soooooo... has anyone figured out how to cut out the Phantom from the current VCX-100 model and make the separate shuttle model that comes with it dockable? :P

I saw a thread where someone was doing that, but now I can't find it (someone else PLEASE post the thread)

Pretty sure this is the thread you were looking for: https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/206902-attack-shuttle-reconstruction/

Allright gang....I have a request..well....its more like...we need to have a meeting....

So, heres whats shaking...

I like repainting everything and well...I also like sort of personalizing everything...I also kind of prefer playing imerials.

heres the corner I have repainted myself into...

All my imps are different!  They don`t look.....imperial anymore. like.... now they look like a bunch of high end aces...or worse...rebels..

I mean, not EVERYONE can have a fancy ~look how great I am` paintjob.  Fel...sure....carnor...yea i get it......but...mistakes were made. All my imps are individuals.(Tie swarm excepted)

I just can`t settle on any sort of cohesive  `look we are a unit` type paint scheme.

ARGH!. the stuff I have seen is generally awesome...but...the problem there is I have SEEN it. its not...mine.

whats the answer here....buy more ships...make a single unit? ignore it and stop whining? how do yall decide on a UNIT scheme. also..if anyone has good pictures of i think morgan reids black with white stripe squad I need a close look at that. it was quite close to what I had in mind until i saw it and said...`well..thats taken`

Allright gang....I have a request..well....its more like...we need to have a meeting....

I like repainting everything and well...I also like sort of personalizing everything...I also kind of prefer playing imerials.

All my imps are different!  They don`t look.....imperial anymore. like.... now they look like a bunch of high end aces...or worse...rebels..

I mean, not EVERYONE can have a fancy ~look how great I am` paintjob.  Fel...sure....carnor...yea i get it......but...mistakes were made. All my imps are individuals.(Tie swarm excepted)

I just can`t settle on any sort of cohesive  `look we are a unit` type paint scheme.

ARGH!. the stuff I have seen is generally awesome...but...the problem there is I have SEEN it. its not...mine.

whats the answer here....buy more ships...make a single unit? ignore it and stop whining? how do yall decide on a UNIT scheme. also..if anyone has good pictures of i think morgan reids black with white stripe squad I need a close look at that. it was quite close to what I had in mind until i saw it and said...`well..thats taken`

I play rebels or scum and avoid this problem. ;)

spacebug, on 07 Apr 2016 - 05:05 AM, said:

Question - do you guys use protective coatings for your models, and if so, what do you use?

Coat of Gloss (or Satin in a pinch) for protection followed by a coat of Testors Dullcoat for a matt finish, then pick out the cockpits/windows in brush on gloss

I happened across a pic I liked the look of and used that scheme.  But the way I'd suggest doing it is just... playing with some colour schemes in MSpaint or GIMP or whatever, and finding something you like that will be reasonably easy to paint.  As long as you do it broadly the same on all your TIEs, you come out with a coherent unit colour scheme.

Mine is pure white with dark grey/black panels, red windows, blue engines, and purple as the accent colour (for blood stripes, unit markings, Royal Guards etc), plus the odd gunmetal detail.

Edited by thespaceinvader

Now I'm triyng something more difficult, I'll be in touch really soon.

It's done !

8apqocm.jpg

Now I'm finally satisfied of the mechanical setting of my 3Drag,
and I found an interesting setup of Simplify3D.

Many many thanks to the author of the file,
It's simply perfect !

Dino

Nice one. Now you just need to size it a bit. It's to small. Keep in mind it's wing span is almost double the lambda class shuttle. 20m vs 37.5m. The main body is almost the same in size just different forms. Currently building one my self but not 3d printing :(. I won't have surface details or almost.

Now I'm triyng something more difficult, I'll be in touch really soon.

It's done !

8apqocm.jpg

Nice one. Now you just need to size it a bit. It's to small. Keep in mind it's wing span is almost double the lambda class shuttle. 20m vs 37.5m. The main body is almost the same in size just different forms. Currently building one my self but not 3d printing :(. I won't have surface details or almost.

Ciao !

My printer is a really cheap one, ...and I'm still exploring the limit.

Soon with news :-)

D

Updade on the VCX-100. Highlight cleanup; battle-damage and a name in Aurebesh still pending (interrupted by me sneezing every quarter of a millisecond due to an annoying ******* cold)

25753327563_4813991b35_z.jpg

26263699722_902f39db87_z.jpg

I am curious when we'll see the first cloaked G1A :)

Don't want to toot my own horn but... page 45 ;-)

Edited by Polda