Gadge

The Concise/Collected Repaints Thread. Keep Them All Here, Keep Em Visible.

Not the most exciting thing but this thread could always do with a bump, painted my Raider engines (the black void looks tragic!)

image.jpg

Nice. But....did you just glue in a pie pan?  lol    8p

Edited by CyCo

I've never had to deal with factory paint-jobs before - I don't suppose my traditional method of soaking miniatures in metho will work?

If not, which of the Simple Green products is used - just the all-purpose cleaner?

these models don't need to be stripped.. just paint over them, the base factory paint works as a great primer.. I have never stripped any of mine, and the all turn out just fine..

I've never had to deal with factory paint-jobs before - I don't suppose my traditional method of soaking miniatures in metho will work?

If not, which of the Simple Green products is used - just the all-purpose cleaner?

these models don't need to be stripped.. just paint over them, the base factory paint works as a great primer.. I have never stripped any of mine, and the all turn out just fine..

The white ones (rebels, most Empire) do not need stripping. However e.g. Hwk has brown plastic as base and Scyk+Khiraxz have green plastic as base. Dependent on the quality of paints used, and the new base colour aimed, there might be justification for stripping these (befor then priming with white). E.g. if you aim to paint yellow, a colour known for problems with covering when needing to do light and thin painting.

Edit: added priming to make post more comprehensible.

Edited by Managarmr

Not the most exciting thing but this thread could always do with a bump, painted my Raider engines (the black void looks tragic!)

image.jpg

Seriously, that looks fantastic. Almost looks like CGI. Very well done.

This is some awesome work!  I love the creativity.

I've recently tried my hand at some repaints.  Started with a Y-Wing that my son wanted to be a Grey Squadron.  I added a big turret and nose guns to it that I cannibalized some GHQ miniatures for.  It's all by brush (no spray) and I was working in poor light (it was a late night resurrection of my painting hobby) so I can do better but I'm happy with it.  Then I went ahead and did some engine glow.  I have done mostly tanks and other military so I must say it's fun to work with some bright colors especially with the engines.  

If you have tips, please feel free to critique freely as I think it's the only way to really improve.

OH!  Almost forgot!  Lesson learned:  It doesn't matter how fast you apply and remove acetone to strip off some of the original paint, you're not fast enough to prevent damage hahaha.  That is the reason the cockpit detail is missing from around the nose of the Y-Wing.  Trial and error hahaha.  Fortunately, I didn't have to trash the entire model.

Enjoy

http://image3_zpswnbysuxb.jpg

http://image4_zpsifg5f44d.jpg

http://image5_zpswkj8ocnp.jpg

http://image2_zpse3trv5cv.jpg

http://image1_zpsqjf04sf1.jpg

The white ones (rebels, most Empire) do not need stripping. However e.g. Hwk has brown plastic as base and Scyk+Khiraxz have green plastic as base. Dependent on the quality of paints used, and the new base colour aimed, there might be justification for stripping these (befor then priming with white). E.g. if you aim to paint yellow, a colour known for problems with covering when needing to do light and thin painting.

Edit: added priming to make post more comprehensible.

I don't recall mincing my words.. THERE IS NO REASON TO STRIP THESE MODELS.. soooo. there's that.. 

Thin your paints, use a couple coats.. trust me I have repainted many and NEVER stripped them.. 

I intend to add my repaints to this beautiful thread just I don't really know how to take good pictures of my ships as i only have a phone camera at my disposal. Any tips?

After seeing tons of Poe Dameron repaints it's nice to see a different take on the T-70. I do think the damage is a bit over the top but a good looking model none the less. Thumbs up mate!

OTT, Just how I like to fly! :D Thanks!

I intend to add my repaints to this beautiful thread just I don't really know how to take good pictures of my ships as i only have a phone camera at my disposal. Any tips?

I honestly just use my iPhone. Phone cameras have come a long way :)

the imperium painted as my vision of 181st:

A7vN6qI.jpg

ICyXtlV.jpg

oasY315.jpg

4NwqnZc.jpg

I'm not very fond of this whole COG here as it is uneven but i'm not willing to spend more time with a brush in my hand over this particular TIE :(

Go1QrHB.jpg

x2mKHQv.jpg

No masking tape was harmed in the process of painting these. Also none of these included wild airbrushes :D

Cheers

Varred

And republic coming in!!!

Double post style!!!

(too much goodies in one post the forum said :P)

So Han and Luke in original (well mostly) paint scheme:

G8v1ToJ.jpg

kcKUC0A.jpg

And the rest of the band :

Corran

9SGhElt.jpg

Poe

145DVrl.jpg

vZDg1Qx.jpg

Prototype/Jake

IB9gErB.jpg

Wedge

HEif6VS.jpg

qB2QEud.jpg

And a headhunter which is not my scheme but I don't really know who to thank for it :P

I would give credit where it's due if I knew who came up with this so go ahead and tell me if you recognize :D

zv7uVlI.jpg

No masking tape was harmed in the process of painting these. Also none of these included wild airbrushes :D

Cheers

Varred

Nice to See this Part of the Painting Forum Still going strong !

And some fantastic Repaints  :D

Ill just chuck a few pics in to keep things moving......

15_zpsv8xciazk.jpg

17_zpsayuviv7n.jpg

18_zps8ftcyghu.jpg

Should have this newly modified Y-Wing painted soon too.......

9_zpsp1rfimbm.jpg

Great to see so many FANTASTIC REPAINTS !

I DO MISS THE OLD PAINTING FORUM  :(

But at least there is somewhere for us all to drool over each others inspirational work

All the best Everyone,

Barry.

21_zps5t2qt82k.jpg