Gadge

The Concise/Collected Repaints Thread. Keep Them All Here, Keep Em Visible.

and finally (sorry for the deluge of posts)

a pair of HWK-290s I won on ebay, I think one may be a MajorTom repaint from years back? I magnetized the turrets and stands but that's the sum total of my contribution:

Q2zpsvdl.jpg

a LED lit YT-2400 repainted by ebay member Testa, with magnetized turrets as well:

MpEmpkel.jpg

and last but certainly not least, a really amazing lit and repainted CR90 also by Testa, based on the design of the CR90s seen briefly in Star Wars Rebels:

t3Bzts3l.jpg

z4oW9hpl.jpg

That last one I ended up gluing back together as the USPS treated it rather badly in shipping, seems to be ok now! All pictures should link to larger, clearer versions when clicked. Thanks to everyone in this great community! It's been fun working with a bunch of you.

First attempt at repainting a model

ZZf2oRc.jpg

AQQXSdW.jpg

xyyysXm.jpg

I wish I had a clean Y-wing to do a side by side comparison, but you all know how they look. 

I was inspired to make this because our gamestore is going to be running the coop campaign soon, so I painted up a Y-wing in the style of Rover 2, a ship from a story I wrote a little while back.  A lot of the work is subtle, but I feel like it adds a nice bit to the look of the model.  I started with a very weak blue/grey wash to add a little color to the hull... went in with a size zero brush and did some of the cables and pipes.  Went in later and redid the cockpit and engine cowlings with a white/grey/blue mix and some brighter yellow markings.  Painted the astromech, added a small stripe and some eyes to it.... did the engines.... added some scorch marks using some black drybrushing and a little bit of work with a mechanical pencil I smudged with a bit of cotton. 

Not by me, apart from the concept of a bullseye on Xizor to get people shooting at him instead of the more fragile anklebiters in his squad

the painter ripped himself off by only charging $5 :P

12193881_10156170181570142_9052593043243

10985934_10156154350325142_3807883027290

and it's part of what's possibly the best picture my phone ever took:

10155279_10156154350470142_6641045931473

Well if you went to worlds and played X-Wing or watched it on Twitch you may have seen these already. Here are the 3 K-Wings I did up for Aaron that he took all the way to top 8 this year.

Those are really neat designs! I love the weathering and the similar squadron feel they have while still being each unique. He had unique callsigns for them too didn't he? Was that part of the creation process for the ships or just something he came up with?

Guys, I want a new HWK and really hate the default paintjob, any ideas? I already have a dagger squadron/moldy crow card one and a purple nmm gold one. One idea I had was a gold squadron-ish one. Light gray in the front, blue in the back and on the cockpit and yellow markings. Light gray orange is another consideration, like my Scycks are.

Guys, I want a new HWK and really hate the default paintjob, any ideas? I already have a dagger squadron/moldy crow card one and a purple nmm gold one. One idea I had was a gold squadron-ish one. Light gray in the front, blue in the back and on the cockpit and yellow markings. Light gray orange is another consideration, like my Scycks are.

a hwk you say? new painjob?

DSCN2632.jpg

here: http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a345/He-Shark/DSCN2632.jpg

:D

Edited by WokeUpDead

Here are some of my Red Squadron repaints, nothing too fancy!;

Wedge

image.jpg

Luke

image.jpg

Biggs (couldn't be bothered with the candy stripes here, too subtle! Might revisit)

image.jpg

And this one is a Micromachines blind-bag repaint, scale seems almost exactly right, it's just a bit soft on the detail! I free handed the markings on this one instead of masking bits off because I didn't figure it was worth the effort! Shown with Wedge for scale. Was really pleased with how this came out. Might make nice scenery or an objective etc.

image.jpg

Hi, all!  First-time poster here, and a newbie both to X-Wing and mini-gaming in general.

I've been collecting X-Wing ships for a little while now, and tried my hand at custom painting them.  While I'm nowhere near the skill level of a lot of you guys, I still thought they might be worth sharing.  Going for a poker-card color scheme, I'm building up my Rebel squadron as Cayse's Aces.

First up, the One-Eyed Jacks (B-Wings):

20151124_211432_zpsd1hh5rl3.jpg

20151124_211502_zpsyysehsnx.jpg

20151124_211532_zpsx9gutnie.jpg

Next, the Suicide Kings (A-Wings):

20151124_211826_zpsbvialxnf.jpg

20151124_211929_zpsj8yi3ggi.jpg

20151124_211847_zpshryn30qv.jpg

Then, the Dead Man's Hand (X-Wings):

20151124_212120_zpsvteopxof.jpg

20151124_212145_zpsa4lqyp6a.jpg

20151124_212213_zps5cdmmblb.jpg

And the whole squadron on display:

20151124_212547_zpsl5lukfaf.jpg

I'll probably go over them again as I practice and improve, as well as add more ships to my collection.  Any and all constructive criticism is welcome.