Gadge

The Concise/Collected Repaints Thread. Keep Them All Here, Keep Em Visible.

I already had a pretty good level of respect for those who contribute to this thread. After combining my first ever x wing repaint with a conversion as well, this has increased somewhat. Painting at this scale is tricky! Here is my first attempt, a couple of M3A Scyks who have been upgunned.

IMG_4143_zpsyrytyw4s.jpg

Those are awesome. Good work! 

A terminator overlord.

*Edit 28/10 - 2015* I feel it was probably a bad idea to use a black background together with a mostly black ship so I've retaken the pictures using a blue background instead.

BrobotRedFin1ver2.jpg

Go to my blog or my forum thread for the rest of the pictures.

Edited by MacrossVF1

11987044_1655827711344245_83936668929799

Painting my khiraxs pretty similar.   I absolutely hate the kack brown and sludge purple scheme on the factory paint (same with the m3a, had to paint all mine over and they look so much better in white/black or white/orange)

Pretty clever, I had never thought of re-purposing potatoes like that.

They only look like potatoes.  They are actually made of foam, glue, aluminum foil, clay, sand, and paint.  If they look like potatoes, that's good: based on all the pictures I have found of actual asteroids, the thing they resemble most is a grey potato.

Edit:  Oh, and they have magnets.  Every asteroid should have a magnet hidden under the surface, otherwise the low gravitational forces will let the spacecraft that land there float away the moment someone sneezes.

Edited by rhs2042

...They are actually made of foam, glue, aluminum foil, clay, sand, and paint.  If they look like potatoes, that's good: based on all the pictures I have found of actual asteroids, the thing they resemble most is a grey potato.

Edit:  Oh, and they have magnets.  Every asteroid should have a magnet hidden under the surface, otherwise the low gravitational forces will let the spacecraft that land there float away the moment someone sneezes.

Wow, color me impressed! I thought for certain that I was looking at actual stones.

Pretty clever, I had never thought of re-purposing potatoes like that.

They only look like potatoes.  They are actually made of foam, glue, aluminum foil, clay, sand, and paint.  If they look like potatoes, that's good: based on all the pictures I have found of actual asteroids, the thing they resemble most is a grey potato.

I thought his comment was a joke about how in ESB one of the asteroids really was a potato.

11987044_1655827711344245_83936668929799

Painting my khiraxs pretty similar.   I absolutely hate the kack brown and sludge purple scheme on the factory paint (same with the m3a, had to paint all mine over and they look so much better in white/black or white/orange)

Black lining is win for this... unfortunately it doesn't go with the Black Sun Zs and my Black Sun Y. Still, crisp, bright colours FTW.