Sign in to follow this  
VaynMaanen

Many Bothans Died to Bring Us This Information....

So I had a slow day at work and I decided to collect the results from Regionals so far. I wanted to see how often each type of ship was appearing in the elimination cuts gathered from MajorJuggler's 2015 Regional Results. Instead of just counting individual ships, I counted the number of ships/the number of lists that included this type of ship, which gave me an "average". This got me a much more accurate representation of the meta for ships that are used in abundance like TIE Fighters, B-Wings, and Z-95s. Here are the results so far: 

% Appearance vs. Total number of ships (adjusted for swarms) Top 8:

KUkdTbB.png

% Appearance vs. Total number of ships (swarms adjusted) Final Table:

4cE3Xlr.png

% Appearance of ship based on total number of lists, Top 8:

ctDVgpb.png

% Appearance based on total number of lists, Final Table:

iWaZp8m.png

Interesting Notes:

The following 3 ships had a significant increase in appearance in the Final Table vs. Top 8:

Aggressor (+5.69%)

YT-1300 (+3.64%)

VT-49 Decimator (+2.53%)

B-Wings had a significant decrease in appearance in the Final Table vs. Top 8 (-4.54%)

Edited by VaynMaanen

This is my conclusion:  I either don't know how Juggler works, or it literally doesn't present information that's useful.  I only see the ability to see stuff in categories that are not relevant anymore.  Like all time, or store champs only.  

Anyone care to explain how the website works?  

That's interesting. Frankly, I'm surprised to see that while the YT-1300 is the most popular ship, it's only in 11.3% of lists and only beats its nearest competitor by a little more than one percentage point. I'm also surprised to see TIE fighters as low on the list as they are and that Firesprays are so poorly represented.

More X than Y? Hard to believe.

Why can't we get charts with a certain time span?  Say in the last 3 months????  

I think the charts may be skewed as I am not certain if they include only this years regional or all regionals to date before Wave 5 and Wave 6. That would explain how the YT-1300 is so high compared to the Decimator when there are more decimators lists than Han Lists now. Also it would explain why there are more Y-wings than X-wing before the Y-wing got a boon from the Wave 6 most wanted pack. 

I would love to see one that breaks-down via pilot, rather than ship.

Or each wedge of the pie needs its own pie, with wedges indicating pilot frequency.  So the X-wing would have its wedge in the main pie, with an associated little pie made of of wedges (one of which is labeled Wedge).  

Or each wedge of the pie needs its own pie, with wedges indicating pilot frequency.  So the X-wing would have its wedge in the main pie, with an associated little pie made of of wedges (one of which is labeled Wedge).

I see what you did there!

I see what you did there!

So saw we all.

Interesting Graph, either there has been a considerable amount of bemoaning or the meta is actually more diverse that most are being lead to believe.

From this list  (assuming the data is correct) we can assume:

Slightly better than  1:10  lists will have an interceptor (most likely Fel) or a YT-1300, so not even enough to be guaranteed 1 slot in the top, though more than likely there will be 1.

Slightly less than 1:10 lists will have a Decimator, z95, aggressor or YT-2400 in the top 8. Fairly likely there will be 1

about a 1:14 lists will have either an E-Wing or a B-Wing in the top 8. About 50% chance  for either ship to make top 8

All the rest are in 1:20 lists or less, some with about a 40% chance of being in top 8 though more likely most won't make top 8 very often at all.

So “PWT’s” aren’t as prevalent as people claim them to be or they tend to be perceived as overly potent. What would be a good follow up graph would be winning lists only(or at the least lists that made the final as the time limit in finals skews results a bit), that might shed some more light on the situation.

Interesting Graph, either there has been a considerable amount of bemoaning or the meta is actually more diverse that most are being lead to believe.

From this list  (assuming the data is correct) we can assume:

Slightly better than  1:10  lists will have an interceptor (most likely Fel) or a YT-1300, so not even enough to be guaranteed 1 slot in the top, though more than likely there will be 1.

Slightly less than 1:10 lists will have a Decimator, z95, aggressor or YT-2400 in the top 8. Fairly likely there will be 1

about a 1:14 lists will have either an E-Wing or a B-Wing in the top 8. About 50% chance  for either ship to make top 8

All the rest are in 1:20 lists or less, some with about a 40% chance of being in top 8 though more likely most won't make top 8 very often at all.

So “PWT’s” aren’t as prevalent as people claim them to be or they tend to be perceived as overly potent. What would be a good follow up graph would be winning lists only(or at the least lists that made the final as the time limit in finals skews results a bit), that might shed some more light on the situation.

One thing that is glaringly obvious is that about 50% was split between YT-1300, TIE Interceptor, Z-95 (Rebel), Decimator, and the Aggressor. Taking this into account, there's a good chance you will face one of the following lists in the top 8:

RAC+Fel

Han+3Z

Brobots

I'm putting money on one of these 3 lists winning Nationals, but Worlds could be a different scope once the new wave is out.

Edited by VaynMaanen

One thing that is glaringly obvious is that about 50% was split between YT-1300, TIE Interceptor, Z-95 (Rebel), Decimator, and the Aggressor. Taking this into account, there's a good chance you will face one of the following lists in the top 8:

RAC+Fel

Han+3Z

Brobots

I'm putting money on one of these 3 lists winning Nationals, but Worlds could be a different scope once the new wave is out.

Whilst I agree that your extrapolation of what the likely makeup of the roughly half of the top 4 will be it also needs to be viewed in context:

1) There are highly competitive lists for all 3 factions

2) they still only make up half of the top lists, meaning that the remaining half of lists are made up from the remaining ships not mentioned

It's only natural that with the number of competitive players constantly testing lists and playing events, the cream rises to the top, but what this statistic tells me is that at least 50% of top8 ships are not these ships yet are still competitive.

What I would like to see though (as mentioned above) would be a final table breakdown, as if 1 of the big 3 lists is winning 80+ % of the time (or even 1 specific list winning 40+ % of the time), that’s when there is a problem.

Edited by Mace Windu

From this list (assuming the data is correct) we can assume:

Slightly better than 1:10 lists will have an interceptor (most likely Fel) or a YT-1300, so not even enough to be guaranteed 1 slot in the top, though more than likely there will be 1.

about a 1:14 lists will have either an E-Wing or a B-Wing in the top 8. About 50% chance for either ship to make top 8

I made this list once ... then deleted it by accident :(

My general conclusions were that certain lists appear often (thus ares good lists) like RAC+Fel and Han+filler, brobots aren't quite as strong as we thought, and the meta is actually quite diverse.

Edited by Koshinn

RAC+Fel

Han+3Z

Brobots

Whilst I agree that your extrapolation of what the likely makeup of the roughly half of the top 4 will be it also needs to be viewed in context:

1) There are highly competitive lists for all 3 factions

2) they still only make up half of the top lists, meaning that the remaining half of lists are made up from the remaining ships not mentioned

It's only natural that with the number of competitive players constantly testing lists and playing events, the cream rises to the top, but what this statistic tells me is that at least 50% of top8 ships are not these ships yet are still competitive.

What I would like to see though (as mentioned above) would be a final table breakdown, as if 1 of the big 3 lists is winning 80+ % of the time (or even 1 specific list winning 40+ % of the time), that’s when there is a problem.

Here is the breakdown for the top 2:

4cE3Xlr.png

Assuming I'm reading it correctly, you get roughly a 65% chance to see one of the following lists in the top 2: TIE Interceptor/Decimator, Brobots, YT-1300/Zswarm, YT-2400/Zswarm, YT-1300/Corran, YT-2400/Corran.

I probably don't have the math right, but still, it seems rather heavily weighted toward the above lists.

Edited by Levi Porphyrogenitus

Assuming I'm reading it correctly, you get roughly a 65% chance to see one of the following lists in the top 2: TIE Interceptor/Decimator, Brobots, YT-1300/Zswarm, YT-2400/Zswarm, YT-1300/Corran, YT-2400/Corran.

I probably don't have the math right, but still, it seems rather heavily weighted toward the above lists.

YT-1300/YT-2400 was also a very popular list in the top rankings. Don't think I saw many/any YT-2400's paired with Z95s, mostly Chewie/Leebo and Dash/Corran builds.

Edited by VaynMaanen