Sign in to follow this  
Wulfherr

They are SHIPPING!!! :)

Spoke with the owner of my FLGS today.

From what he's been informed, the major distributors are apparently waiting to ship until just before or after GenCon; guess that the Force and Destiny corebook is going to be FFG's big RPG release this year.

So odds are that most stores won't be getting it until next week at the earliest, or most likely somewhere in the first full week of August.

I am on a week+ vacation from 3 August to 11 August or so... I would love to have my book in by then.

Or, for those of us in Norway, August/September. FFG's European distribution netowk sucks hard.

Quoted from the FFG/Asmodee merger press release:  

"Fantasy Flight Games will benefit from Asmodee’s impressive distribution and marketing reach in Europe, greatly improving its product placement and organized play initiatives across the continent."

Yeah. I'm still waiting to see it too ;)

Or, for those of us in Norway, August/September. FFG's European distribution netowk sucks hard.

Quoted from the FFG/Asmodee merger press release:  

"Fantasy Flight Games will benefit from Asmodee’s impressive distribution and marketing reach in Europe, greatly improving its product placement and organized play initiatives across the continent."

Yeah. I'm still waiting to see it too ;)

Tell me about it. I still haven't been able to get my hands on Desperate Allies.

I would guess that majority of FFG's customers are those NOT going to GenCon, so holding the distribution on purpose is not a great move IMHO.

I'd understand that if F&D Core were originally announced to be their official GenCon release, but as of now, keeping it "just because GenCon" might be a strategy that's bound to piss some people off. 

Oh I don't think it's that clear, or has anything to do with people's lives (cause... why???) and will vary depending on whether you're a distributor, store owner, diehard fan or a prospective player and I've heard opinions from all of the above. Ultimately, FFG will do what they think works best for them, that's sort of obvious :) I was just suggesting the strategy might work much better had they annouced it as Con release.

My FLGS's distributor has listed Tuesdsay, the 28th as their release date. It could arrive at the FLGS as late as Thursday, depending on shipping schedules. I've not heard anything credible that would indicate that distributors are sitting on the book until after GenCon, especially given that The War Store is already listing Force and Destiny as "in stock." It sounds like nothing more than a silly rumor.

I mean, I don't KNOW, but you'd think with the apogee merger, the european distribution would be better than it's been in the past. Hold out hope, Sir!

When I called the not so friendly game store yesterday the guy on the phone didn't even know what I was talking about. Plan A is to leave work early today, pick up the game from the FLGS on the way home, and then take off tomorrow so I can spend the day reading.

When I called the not so friendly game store yesterday the guy on the phone didn't even know what I was talking about. Plan A is to leave work early today, pick up the game from the FLGS on the way home, and then take off tomorrow so I can spend the day reading.

You are going to buy it from the store that wasn't friendly? 

The plan. If they have it, I'll buy it from the FLGS today. If they don't have it today, the alternate plan is to buy it from the NotFLGS, who believe they will have it tomorrow. It is closer, and I can get 10% off at the NotFLGS, but I'd prefer to buy it from the FLGS. And I like to support both when I can.

We have a glut of game stores in the Baltimore-Washington corridor. I can think of four or five different places that will probably have it, but the FLGS and the NFLGS are the two closest.

It is unfortunate that we have stores like that. The one in my hometown is like that. Plus it's not really a family friendly environment once the sun sets, if you know what I mean.

But in. A few years, I will be back down their opening my own FLGS so.... Exciting/stressful times ahead! :)

On topic though, I am hoping it will be hitting my current FLGS up here. The owner is going to contact me if and when it arrives so I shall let you guys know. Maybe even do a Q&A

Edited by Bayard91

I'm lucky I have a few stores to check here. The biggest one has been the most consistent in providing crappy service or just being rude. Yesterday, when I called to ask, their answer was "It isn't out yet" and before I finished saying "Thanks" they hung up. Didn't even get a chance to ask a follow up. Please, take my money!  :rolleyes:

Went past a copy of Force and Destiny Core just a few hours ago at my gaming store (in Finland). Didn't pick it up, because jedi, pfft.

Edited by Juriel

Went past a copy of Force and Destiny Core just a few hours ago at my gaming store (in Finland). Didn't pick it up, because jedi, pfft.

Yo-... you lie! That's impossible!

And yet, you're posting in a forum specifically dedicated to the very thing you pffft. 

Weird.