Sign in to follow this  
Wulfherr

They are SHIPPING!!! :)

Hmmm. My godfather gave me a $100 savings bond in 1987. I think it's time I cashed that baby in!

"We have known each other many years, but this is the first time you've come to me for counsel or for help. I can't remember the last time you invited me to your table for even a board game. But let's be frank here. You never wanted my friendship. And you feared to be in my debt."

"I didn't want to get into trouble." 

"I understand. You found paradise with this new game engine. You had a good campaign, with good players. So you didn't need a friend like me. Now you come and say "Don Corleone, give me a core rule book." But you don't ask with respect. You don't offer friendship. You don't even think to call me "Godfather." You come into my house on the day my daughter is to be a GM and you ask me for a core rule book - for money.

"How much shall I pay you?"

"Jbmacek, Jbmacek, what have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully? If you'd come to me in friendship, this game store that denies you the Force would be suffering this very day. And if by some chance an good Game Master like yourself had bad players, they would become my bad players. And then, they would fear you." 

"Be my friend. . . Godfather."

"Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to run a game for me. But until that day, consider this rule expansion a gift on the eve of my daughter's first game."

Edited by Desslok

Hmmm. My godfather gave me a $100 savings bond in 1987. I think it's time I cashed that baby in!

"We have known each other many years, but this is the first time you've come to me for counsel or for help. I can't remember the last time you invited me to your table for even a board game. But let's be frank here. You never wanted my friendship. And you feared to be in my debt."

"I didn't want to get into trouble." 

"I understand. You found paradise with this new game engine. You had a good campaign, with good players. So you didn't need a friend like me. Now you come and say "Don Corleone, give me a core rule book." But you don't ask with respect. You don't offer friendship. You don't even think to call me "Godfather." You come into my house on the day my daughter is to be a GM and you ask me for a core rule book - for money.

"How much shall I pay you?"

"Jbmacek, Jbmacek, what have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully? If you'd come to me in friendship, this game store that denies you the Force would be suffering this very day. And if by some chance an good Game Master like yourself had bad players, they would become my bad players. And then, they would fear you." 

"Be my friend. . . Godfather."

"Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to run a game for me. But until that day, consider this rule expansion a gift on the eve of my daughter's first game."

5161594.jpg

Caption: I love you guys.

I just preordered my copies from Coolstuff. Will probably show up while I'm at Gencon (had it shipped to one of my players, since you know, didn't want it sitting on my front porch for days), Hopefully. Maybe. Also caught myself up on AoR releases while I was at it to get the free shipping :P

If you're going to GenCon, probably should have waited and picked it up there.  You KNOW they'll have a fortress-like stack of it in their booth...

Meh, 20 dollars cheaper from coolstuff and I wouldn't have had time to really read it until I got back anyway. I mean, I'll be kicking myself if it doesn't deliver until a week or two after I'm back, but other than that I'm good.  (also it allowed me to convince my wife I REALLY needed to fill out that 100 dollar order for free shipping)

I'll probably pick up the GM kit at GenCon though. I am saving my GenCon purchase stuff for things that if I don't buy at Gencon, I won't be able to buy it for several months (like the board game Mysterium, which is going to have 150 copies at GenCon, and then won't be out until October, hopefully I can snag a copy (its the first booth I'm going to when they open the doors)).

Edited by Emperor Norton

...also it allowed me to convince my wife I REALLY needed to fill out that 100 dollar order for free shipping.

Thankfully I don't have to clear things with the wife, since I am the income provider AND the bookkeeper/billpayer.  However, I always feel the need to justify it to myself for some reason.

"If I just buy something else for $28 dollars, I'll save $8 on shipping!"  - Me

I always feel so cheap afterward. ;)

FYI

CSI changed their information for the F&D core book

Pre-Order Notes:

Expected Release: July 24, 2015. Date subject to change.

It used to just say July 2015 - no date.

Coolstuff just updated saying July 28th....available. That's next Tuesday.

They've doubled-down, now.

Estimated Release Date: July 28, 2015

Pre-Order Notes: Expected Release: July 28, 2015. Date subject to change.

My FLGS owner said his distributor can't ship the book out until 7/28, so that seems to be the date it'll go from distributors to retail stores.  Exact arrival time would depend upon the distance from the distributor to the store and when the store has a shipment of product coming in.

Plus you (probably) could have gotten it signed!

And on that note, anyone interested in having me devalue your F&D CRB with a silver marker should follow me on twitter (see my sig). I'll be running a few pick-up games throughout the convention, and twitter is where I'll be announcing them. Even if you don't have time to play, feel free to swing by to say hello and/or get your book scribbled in. 

I'm wondering - based on comments from earlier posters - if the distributer are holding onto the product until GenCon for a simultaneous release*.

* Do I go for the RHCP joke or the mind-in-the-gutter joke?

Edited by kaosoe

Well for those of us that can't go to gen con that would just suck

I doubt the distributors are going to want to hold a bunch of product for all that long, and most game shops don't have the storage space to not put RPG products up on the shelf the moment it comes in.  Most of the FLGS that I've seen over the years have very little in the way of actual storage space, and most of that is dedicated to CCG boxes and snacks/soda.

So odds are it'd be a close-to-simultaneous release with GenCon (which opens the floodgates on Thursday), since it doesn't seem any books have made it to various FLGS' as of yet.  FLGS will likely have their copies by Friday, with online retailers likely shipping copies beforehand as they get them in and processed.

As was said in this thread, at least one distributor reportedly said they can't ship until Tuesday the 28th. 

Looks like "during GenCon" is when folks will be able to start picking this up in the US.  Still, those going to GenCon will have the advantage and likely will be able to snag it in-hand on Thursday.

Well gonna miss my sunday game for it so as long I get it for the next game after that I will be happy. They just survived laying their eyes on Vadar as they escaped so they can survive one more game without anything official. Then comes the fun part of double checking their talent trees didn't change. Already know heal/harm is slightly cheaper so gotta double check all force powers now. Being that they are above 600 xp that will be a good amount of double checking for me

As was said in this thread, at least one distributor reportedly said they can't ship until Tuesday the 28th. 

Looks like "during GenCon" is when folks will be able to start picking this up in the US.  Still, those going to GenCon will have the advantage and likely will be able to snag it in-hand on Thursday.

A lot of stores will have it in the Tuesday-Thursday window.  It all depends upon their location relative to their distributor and when they have an order scheduled to ship.  Most game stores will have a shipment arriving on Wednesday or Thursday in order to be able to run CCG events during the weekend.

I took a trip over to my FLGS and asked. The guy at the register asked of the guy who has a really good grasp of what's going on with the shipments, "Do you think we'll get Force and Destiny next week." The reply was "Thursday." The guy at the register turned to me and said, "Maybe by Thursday." Then the other guy chimed in, "Thursday. Definitively."

I took a trip over to my FLGS and asked. The guy at the register asked of the guy who has a really good grasp of what's going on with the shipments, "Do you think we'll get Force and Destiny next week." The reply was "Thursday." The guy at the register turned to me and said, "Maybe by Thursday." Then the other guy chimed in, "Thursday. Definitively."

That's what my close friend who runs Game Depot in Tempe, AZ said as well.  Should be in stores on Thursday.

Spoke with the owner of my FLGS today.

From what he's been informed, the major distributors are apparently waiting to ship until just before or after GenCon; guess that the Force and Destiny corebook is going to be FFG's big RPG release this year.

So odds are that most stores won't be getting it until next week at the earliest, or most likely somewhere in the first full week of August.