Sign in to follow this  
CenterPoint

What happened to the painting and conversion subforum?

I love the game, but aside from my sons and a couple of friends, I don't get to play often. While I will browse other posts, the painting,custom ships and modifications interest me the most. FFG has created a great rules set, but the models are the best part, and only a starting point. Viva la Painting & ConversionSub-Forum!...

Ok, that was way too dramatic, bed time for me. Night all.

Oh, come on!  I just finished painting my Nebulon-Bs this morning!  I was gonna put them up!

You still can bit they now compete with General Thread

I know four little words, that if used correctly, will keep painting and conversion threads near the top...

"Painting and Conversion BUMP!"

Starting all new Painting & Conversion threads with "P&C" could also go a long way toward making them easier to find.

Absolutely ridiculous, the painting & conversion section was my main reason for visiting this forum. Why on earth remove it?

When I asked a similar question in email, I got:

"Due to an internal concern, all of our Painting and Conversions sub-forums have been deleted. Threads that existed in the sub-forum were moved to the game’s main forum.

Sorry for any inconvenience!

FFG Webmaster" :huh:

Well, that's all cleared up then!... :o  :blink:  :wacko:  :huh:  :(  :angry:

Well... Looking at the amount of card threads and aftermarket pieces we have there, I believe it might have caused a stir over at FFG.

Lets not forget our informal and accidental promotion for certain paint models and finishing brands when we talk about our paint jobs as well.

Even if they were causing a stir now they exist on the general forum, and there are no announcements discouraging conversions and painting on the general forum.

The issue is with the existence of the sub forum itself. Why is it? Only thing I can think of is that FFG does not want to make it show like they are condoning conversions and painting? IF they leave such comments in the general discussion, they can just say, "It's part of the general discussion of the game" without making special appropriations for it.

"Internal" concern could literally mean you have a jerk who hates painting that runs the forums and thinks people should stop, or that someone sent you a legal nastygram, or just that FFG plans to make all their models out of lead and they should never be touched by humans. It's corporate BS, and I say that as someone who works for a large corporation, so I am unfortunately an expert in this field.

Can anyone elaborate on what that internal concern actually is...?

Wow, still no reinstatement of Painting and Customization.

My vote goes toward "Big steaming pile of legal plausible deniability"!

Mel's thread was deleted just before the P&C drop. This reeks of a CMA move.

I'm still sifting through random posts just to find the P&C threads. Waste of my time, that i could be wasting playing games or painting!

Edited by cynanbloodbane

I do like the idea of the P&C header for all things Painting and Conversion related.  I wish I could retitle threads to make them more obvious. 

That said... I wonder if we should have something of an Index or at least a group of 'show us your Rebel Fleet/Imperial fleet/ISD/itty-bitty fighter squadrons' type threads.  Yeah, they're more of a feature found on other sites, but now that we have no dedicated section, at least we might be able to come up with something to give all painters and the like some exposure. A gathering of minds as it were.

Probably more to do with the illicit ship manufacture and selling than painting and modelling.

Disney maybe has more of an issue with it than LucasFilm ever did.

Shame really, there were good models being made, but I doubt FFG had too much of a say in it.

Frankly due to the nature of the mods and custom conversions, it is probably in FFG and the communities' best interest for this sub to be headed up by another forum. This avoids any conflict of interest with the business model and licensing.

The question is where does everybody want to go? BGG is a good, but may not cater well enough to the miniatures side of Armada.